• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesusberg

What Happens to the Defense Once Kronwall Returns?

Rate this topic

Having watched all our games this season, some twice and being a defenseman, here are my pairings with what he have as of today November 3rd:

Green - Smith

Ericsson - Sproul

DeKeyser - Marchenko

Smith is a bandaid but we are broke, simply can't do better with what we have. Kronwall replaces Marchenko when back for starters. Ericsson keeps playing his designated role, but gets more ice time. Let the big man do his thing, it's working.

There's not 100% confirmation, but it looks like Kronwall's could play tonight. The guys sitting for him might ruffle a few feathers, but at least they're not putting Kronwall on the top pair right away.

Edited by Jesusberg

36 minutes ago, kliq said:

I cant see how this shocks anyone. XO and Sproul have been the one's rotating all season. Like everyone, I want to see Sproul playing, but this is hardly a surprise.

Right. It makes the most sense. I can see how some people might be upset, considering how some of the other guys have played, though.

Thing is, they're not going to handicap themselves on the PK just to get Ouellet/Sproul in the lineup. If Marchenko struggles (I think he's looked better recently, but no one's really looked good) and Kronwall proves he can skate, then maybe something different happens. For now, I think they're going to kind of ease Kronwall into the lineup, and determine what he's capable of handling. 

Edited by Jesusberg

Interesting phrase that HSJ used when talking about Kornwall: "has a perm. bad knee". Maybe we can get out from under his contract soon as well?

As for the pairs, it doesn't really matter. Until we have better talent and better coaching we will be sub par defensively. Pretty simple.

4 hours ago, Richdg said:

Interesting phrase that HSJ used when talking about Kornwall: "has a perm. bad knee". Maybe we can get out from under his contract soon as well?

As for the pairs, it doesn't really matter. Until we have better talent and better coaching we will be sub par defensively. Pretty simple.

Exactly, we have too many of the same type of player on D. Prone to turnovers, bad passers, terrible defensive lapses.  Some are worse than others but until we change the culture of this defense there will be good games and bad ones.