• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/30 GDT : Florida Panthers 5, at Red Wings 2

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

The difference here is Montreal fully backed Price regardless of how good Halak was. 

Even if that was true (which I don't recall it being the case), the difference here is that we're a playoff team that wants to get into playoffs every year. They don't have a losing mentality, and management would probably never accept that way of thinking. They would rather win than force an inconsistent goalie to become consistent by playing him 70 games. 

Remember how Howard lost the starting goalie position? Because he was inconsistent. They played Mrazek instead.

Now I don't think Howard all of a sudden becomes a starting goalie, I just think they will continue to treat him as a reliable backup. 

Edited by kickazz

13 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

I read a rumour boston is interested in howard hopefully it is true. Im so tired of these debates. Jimmy needs to go and that will be the end of that.

Source? 

IMO  The likelihood of Ken Holland trading Jimmy Howard to a division rival when Boston has nothing to offer us is very very very very slim.

Also, Rask is their ESTABLISHED starter.  Don't think they're concerned about their goaltending so much that they'd acquire a 5.3 million dollar backup.

Edited by e_prime

To me this game was as likely to be 7-1 as it was 5-2 which was the final score. A lot of flaws surfaced and we did not look good, I'd say we looked lower tier NHL on par with Arizona.

Hopefully it'll change, we have shown good play a few games prior. I'd actually prefer us being decently bad rather than this up-and-down. The next batch of games should tell us a little more about what's going on here. Perhaps.

5 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

To me this game was as likely to be 7-1 as it was 5-2 which was the final score. A lot of flaws surfaced and we did not look good, I'd say we looked lower tier NHL on par with Arizona.

Hopefully it'll change, we have shown good play a few games prior. I'd actually prefer us being decently bad rather than this up-and-down. The next batch of games should tell us a little more about what's going on here. Perhaps.

I think a lot of people have already created a narrative and what actually happens in the short term means nothing. If they win another 6 in a row it will be a fluke, if they lose the majority of the next 6 people will say its reflective of the teams skill. Whatever people thought going into the season generally will stay the same especially when its a negative opinion.

Personally I will make my assessment closer to the half way point of the season as anything this early really means nothing. My gut tells me we are an above average team that will get third in our division or a WC spot.

8 hours ago, kliq said:

I think a lot of people have already created a narrative and what actually happens in the short term means nothing. If they win another 6 in a row it will be a fluke, if they lose the majority of the next 6 people will say its reflective of the teams skill. Whatever people thought going into the season generally will stay the same especially when its a negative opinion.

Personally I will make my assessment closer to the half way point of the season as anything this early really means nothing. My gut tells me we are an above average team that will get third in our division or a WC spot.

I don't always agree with you but in this case you are spot on. As always I think it is too early for predictions of any sort. A losing streak followed by a winning one rince repeat is the mojo of an average team , so I'm not surprised. Depending on which side will prevail the Wings might make or miss the playoffs´. The only problem with that is if it's past trade deadline there won't anyone to sell and the Wings wouldrun the risk of playing themselves out of a good pick.

Looking at it this way makes watching games much less emotional attached and more enjoyable.