• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Martin Frk claimed off waivers by Red Wings

Rate this topic

43 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Frk'n A!

Just checked.  He was on the Jedi rosters, but was claimed off waivers by the Gungans...  Poor kid...

The Tuscan Raiders almost got him, but they were scared off and he escaped before they returned with larger numbers.

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

So we can send him straight to GR now? Why didn't we do the same with Pulkinnen when he was waived? This is a legit question, as this is a fuzzy area for me regarding the waiver rules.

Pulk was waived to try to send him to GR, and had to clear waivers, but was claimed, so couldn't just send him down - his contract had become one way.

Frk was exactly the same situation, but since no other teams made a claim when Carolina waived him, Wings can move him to GR since that's what they were trying to do in the first place - no point in them claiming him on waivers if no other teams do, then immediately placing him on waivers when they waived him in the first place.

This is my understanding of how it works.

1 hour ago, BobL said:

Pulk was waived to try to send him to GR, and had to clear waivers, but was claimed, so couldn't just send him down - his contract had become one way.

Frk was exactly the same situation, but since no other teams made a claim when Carolina waived him, Wings can move him to GR since that's what they were trying to do in the first place - no point in them claiming him on waivers if no other teams do, then immediately placing him on waivers when they waived him in the first place.

This is my understanding of how it works.

Yea that's about my understanding too. I was just wondering why the Wings didn't just reclaim Pulks when Minnesota waived him. As someone else said though, maybe Pulks requested not to come back or something.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Do we dare call this hitting the Juck Frk-ing Pott?

Mildly entertaining, good job. Just let this guy play somewhere. Quit Frking him around. 

4 hours ago, joesuffP said:

So what happened to Pulks?

Pulkkinen cleared waivers and will remain in the Minnesota organization. He will be playing in Grand Rapids this Friday... against the Griffins as a member of the Iowa Wild...

5 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

So we can send him straight to GR now? Why didn't we do the same with Pulkinnen when he was waived? This is a legit question, as this is a fuzzy area for me regarding the waiver rules.

Yes, Frk has already been assigned to the Griffins and will likely suit up this weekend. They didn't do the same for Pulkkinen because there was a little risk involved in putting in a claim for both players. If any other team after us in the order, put in a claim, we would have to make room for Pulkkinen / Frk on the Red Wings roster. Because we are up against the cap, there was no way to do so without losing another player... and we obviously couldn't make room by waiving a key player like Miller or Ott... I think Holland was a little surprised Pulkkinen went unclaimed, so he was willing to risk putting in a claim for Frk. It worked out, and Frk is back with the organization.

I'm personally happy that of the two players, we were able to get Frk back. Who knows if he'll ever make the Wings roster, but regardless he's a solid addition to Grand Rapids. And now we only lost one mid tier prospect in favor of Miller / Ott...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

. And now we only lost one mid tier prospect in favor of Miller / Ott...

You realize this is untrue, right?  They could have easily kept Frk and/or Pulk without waiving either Miller or Ott.  Frk and Pulk were waived because they're not NHL caliber players.  Period.

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

You realize this is untrue, right?  They could have easily kept Frk and/or Pulk without waiving either Miller or Ott.  Frk and Pulk were waived because they're not NHL caliber players.  Period.

Do explain. The only way I can see would be Waive XO or Sproul and send Kronwall to LTIR. That wouldn't even do what you say since that would just lose another prospect in the process.

Edit: Ah, just remembered that AA is waiver exempt so maybe it would be possible for now (with Kronwall on LTIR), but with Jurco and Kronwall coming back sometime, I think there wouldn't be a way to keep these 2.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk