Tatar-Larkin-Abby

Z-AA-Mantha

Bertuzzi-Helm-Sheahan

Jurco

Smith-Green

DK-Sproul

Kronwall-Ouellet

Ericsson

Win or lose with it, but get Larkin and AA at the center positions where they belong.  And get the best possible puck moving defense corps on the ice permanently. 

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

What better options?

Nyquist-Helm-Mantha is already a decent scoring line. Swap one of them for Glendening I don't think it does anything. Make the 2nd line (if indeed they are the 2nd) more skilled while making the 3rd less.

Sheahan is better, but wasn't everyone just bitching about him being in a scoring role a few games ago? If things aren't working, try something different. Wasn't that more or less the refrain? 

I think some people are just freaking out seeing Glendening's name above Mantha's, without really thinking about it.

I agree with that first line (N-H-M) its essentially the same line from earlier in the season that played very well except you are replacing Vanek with Mantha.

I admit there are not giant upgrades over Glendening, but I would prefer Bertuzzi or Sheahan. Too bad Jurco is still out, I would love to see what he could do at this stage in a top 6 role.

Edited by kliq

On 11/11/2016 at 10:49 AM, kliq said:

Most employees THINK that they know more then their boss and that they are more intelligent and can do a better job, but until they are in that exact position that their boss is in and understand all the variables and different factors that go into the position, they really dont fully understand,

I find that often, employees typically have a very one dimensional way of looking at things, and I think fans often times have the exact same approach.

What a ridiculous argument. Are you saying anyone who has not been a boss is unqualified to have an opinion on Blashill or any boss? Then why do they let us vote? Well, sonny, I have been a boss and am one. As far as qualifications, I put myself through college all on my own, have a great career and had a seven figure retirement account by the time I was 32. What are your qualifications? Summer manager at the dairy queen? Ran your own paper route? Boss or employee, only a fool would be unable to see Blashill is a weak leader unable to help this team perform to its potential. Bunch of homers here. This kind of head in the sand homerism is what has helped make Detroit such a loser in every way.

I seriously can't believe people are arguing "what better options do we have over Glendening as a 2nd line winger?"... I mean our roster isn't great, especially with three key injuries, but c'mon. Glendening shouldn't be anywhere near the 2nd line. There are plenty of ways to "try something different" without putting Glendening / Ott / Miller in the top 6...

With what we have available right now, I'd go with something along the lines of...

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Larkin - Nielsen - Tatar

Bertuzzi - Helm - Mantha

Sheahan - Glendening - Ott

With everyone healthy, I'd go with something like...

Athanasiou - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Mantha - Nielsen - Tatar

Jurco - Larkin - Vanek

Abdelkader - Helm - Sheahan

Or any variation of those 12 forwards, maybe subbing Glendening in a scattered game if someone isn't playing well or needs a night off...

Defense, I'd go with...

Smith - Green

DeKeyser - Sproul

Kronwall - Ericsson

Ouellet can rotate in if / when Kronwall needs a night off, Marchenko in for Ericsson if he needs a night off...

3 hours ago, lwing said:

What a ridiculous argument. Are you saying anyone who has not been a boss is unqualified to have an opinion on Blashill or any boss? Then why do they let us vote? Well, sonny, I have been a boss and am one. As far as qualifications, I put myself through college all on my own, have a great career and had a seven figure retirement account by the time I was 32. What are your qualifications? Summer manager at the dairy queen? Ran your own paper route? Boss or employee, only a fool would be unable to see Blashill is a weak leader unable to help this team perform to its potential. Bunch of homers here. This kind of head in the sand homerism is what has helped make Detroit such a loser in every way.

No. I am not saying that anyone who has not been a boss is unqualified to have an opinion, that is not my point at all. My point is that people from the outside looking in, don't see the entire picture and more often then not form very strong opinions about a subject without having all the info. While sometimes they may be qualified, have a high IQ etc. they just don't have all the info needed to understand the decision that has been made.

I'm not going to read off my resume to you, it's pointless. My intent with my post is not so others will think highly of me, that's not the type of person I am. My point was to put a point out there. 

Clearly I offended you, there is no need to take my comments so personally.  If you accomplished all those things you said, in all sincerity that's awesome. Though your comments surprise me as with that perspective, I feel you should understand exactly where I am coming from. I am sure over the years you have had at least one employee question decisions you have made and implied (maybe not to you) that they know better. However if they had a conversation with you about it and heard everything you based your decision on, would likely change their mind.

I have found through the years in working with employees, that they typically have a one dimensional way of looking at things. Is this indicative of their intelligence...no. Does this mean they should shut-up and not speak...of course not. The best analogy I can give, is its like they are trying to put a puzzle together, but you give them half the pieces. It doesn't matter how smart or hard working they are, they just don't have all the info.

My post wasn't about defending Blashill, it was about how we don't know as much as we think we do about the inter working of the Wings.

Are decisions by Blashill being forced on him by Holland? Are there advanced stats he's looking at that we don't have the ability to see? When someone is benched, were they dogging it in practice? Are Hollands decisions forced on him by ownership? These are just a few of many.

I hope you are able see my point.

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well Ott is used in every important situation on the ice, don't think we'll see him scratched. Besides Bertuzzi was sent down to GR today...so there goes that idea.

with Bertuzzi being sent down I bet we'll see more of that OMG line somewhere in tonight's game

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well Ott is used in every important situation on the ice, don't think we'll see him scratched. Besides Bertuzzi was sent down to GR today...so there goes that idea.

The fact that guys like Ott are those who are relied upon in important situations is half of the problem. Ott on a good team at this stage of his career is a part-timer at best. In Detroit, he is a guy who gets to play every night so the future of the team can stay in the AHL. 

4 hours ago, marcaractac said:

The fact that guys like Ott are those who are relied upon in important situations is half of the problem. Ott on a good team at this stage of his career is a part-timer at best. In Detroit, he is a guy who gets to play every night so the future of the team can stay in the AHL. 

Agreed. I would much rather see a guy like Bertuzzi on the 4th line permanently then Ott. When he was signed, my hope of him was healthy scratch that would only come in when there was a last minute injury.

Edited by kliq

5 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Well, he's not actually relied upon. Or used that often in important situations. And he was scratched in 3 of the 5 games we've actually been healthy. (Or 6, if you count using over Miller last game.)

11 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I seriously can't believe people are arguing "what better options do we have over Glendening as a 2nd line winger?"... I mean our roster isn't great, especially with three key injuries, but c'mon. Glendening shouldn't be anywhere near the 2nd line. There are plenty of ways to "try something different" without putting Glendening / Ott / Miller in the top 6...

With what we have available right now, I'd go with something along the lines of...

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Larkin - Nielsen - Tatar

Bertuzzi - Helm - Mantha

Sheahan - Glendening - Ott...

So, your "plenty of ways" is Bertuzzi? As if he's done anything to suggest he's even as good, much less better, right now than Glendening. 

Where did you read "plenty of ways" equals Bertuzzi? Want me to list players that should be in the lineup ahead of Glendening? Let make this a little easier... The players that should be behind Glendening include Miller and Ott (debatable). The players that should be ahead of Glendening include... everyone else, including several others in Grand Rapids... Of course I know you disagree so save your breath...

honestly think Glendening is more likely to create a goal than Tatar at this point

Im starting to come around on Blashill actually. I think holland just hitched his wagon to the wrong guys in a major way. DD, Tatar, Nyquist and Abby being your go to guys means your a bad team. I don't need Corsi numbers to show me that when they handle the puck the other team is handling it shortly after. I thought Glendening had a great game btw. You're blaming all the teams issues on guys who play great defense with less ice time that are close to the same point totals as the offensive leaders on this team. The offense sucks because our offensive players suck plus players put in a position to fail..Dekeseyer. The struggles start at the top the guys leading the team in minutes and PP time

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Where did you read "plenty of ways" equals Bertuzzi? Want me to list players that should be in the lineup ahead of Glendening? Let make this a little easier... The players that should be behind Glendening include Miller and Ott (debatable). The players that should be ahead of Glendening include... everyone else, including several others in Grand Rapids... Of course I know you disagree so save your breath...

OK, just irrational Glendening hate then. Refreshing in a way.

41 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Not really irrational to think it's stupid to have a checking line guy who probably would be a reserve on a good team playing on your second line.  It's not like he's some kid who has a lot of upside but isn't quite ready, but they want to throw him into the fire to see how he responds.

5 hours ago, Buppy said:

No hate at all actually. I really like Glendening and I think he is a decent to good 4th line player... He has no business playing on a scoring line. But yeah, keep trying to spin things to fit your narrative Buppy...

On 2016-11-02 at 11:15 AM, joesuffP said:

So what is Blashill going to do to make this team play a sustainable type of winning hockey? I believe their is something wrong with his philosophy. Sure we can squeak out a couple of wins here and there but the team is fundamentally flawed. He has trouble identifying the teams strengths and weaknesses. I know the roster has issues but a good coach can adapt. Since he has taken over the team has nosedived in all possession metrics and individual players performance. What is Blashill good at exactly? The team look completely out of sync more often than not. I truly believe this team is much better than their performances in the last two years

I totally agree with you... Blashill's tactics may have worked in the AHL but they have been (and continue to be) completely ineffective in the NHL. Blashill is Dave Lewis v2.0 (I think I would actually prefer Dave Lewis to Blashill)

Dump this guy as soon as a real coach can be found to replace him... end this ugly experiment this team is painful to watch. I think this team is far better then the way its playing right now and the longer this sh!t show goes on for the more disgruntled the players (and fans) will get.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

No hate at all actually. I really like Glendening and I think he is a decent to good 4th line player... He has no business playing on a scoring line. But yeah, keep trying to spin things to fit your narrative Buppy...

I like Glendening but Bertuzzi, even with with his inexperience, brings way more to the table then Glendening ever will. I really think the problem is less with the team and more on the coach for not have an NHL calibre battle plan. Tweaking lines is one thing but how can linemates gain any sort of chemistry when each shift you have new players on the line with you? Blashill is sucking, he knows it and he is desperate and it shows. We need a real coach ASAP!

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Vanek-Larkin-Mantha

Frk-Athanasiou-Jurco

Zetterberg-Svechnikov-Helm

Callahan-Glendening-Abdelkader

Bertuzzi/Street

Isn't Svech a natural wing? If this were the plan I'd probably at least switch him and Helm.

17 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Marchenko continues to be bad, and Smith is the odd man out...

DeKeyser - Green

Ericsson - Marchenko

Kronwall - Sproul

Smith / Ouellet (extras)

Happy Sproul is in, this kid needs to be playing, but what is with the second pairing.

As annoying and over the top as Bill is, there is something to say about possession and taking out Smith and keeping these two in the lineup is just going to make us worse.

Is Smith injured and I dont know?

Edited by kliq

Russo is going to be a good player, but there are already two defensemen sitting every single game that are better than him. He MIGHT be better than Marchenko, but even then, there's still guys ahead of him. Why would we waive a player to call up a player that isn't significant upgrade?