• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

joesuffP

Jeff Blashill

Rate this topic

Well if AA is bring a bad boy then bench his ass 100%

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. Seems like Blashill and Holland are letting the media and fans know little by little what's going on behind the scenes much like the players did in locker clean out last season.

Edited by kickazz

I think Blash is a dead man walking but will finish out the season...  I think we may see a new GM thanks to a Holland promotion and the new GM will have the latitude to hire "his guy" as coach.

This is the only logical scenario I can envision....  other than that we see basically the same management, coaching and player personnel next season that are an abysmal failure this year.

More on AA being a bad boy

https://octopusthrower.com/2014/07/14/talking-detroit-red-wings-prospects-andreas-athanasiou/

When the Red Wings drafted Athanasiou he was a part of the London Knights, but was then traded to the Barrie Colts because of rumors about his attitude and not getting along with the coach.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/08/25/tsp-detroit-red-wings-prospects-2/

The big knock when he was drafted was based on attitude (he clashed with London’s coaches) and consistency.

Of course these are rumors from bloggers doing draft profiles. But if true that means that clashing with Blashill won't be the first time AA has done this.

I wonder if he and Mrazek hang out outside of the lockerroom 

FWIW, Dale Hunter (London's coach) has a well established history of clashing with some players. Ovechkin was definitely one. He's also clashed with OHL referees (abused a couple off ice), OHL management, not to mention his history as a player suggests he goes over the edge in conflicts.

But, if it's just AA not working hard enough in practice, that shouldn't stand.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

FWIW, Dale Hunter (London's coach) has a well established history of clashing with some players. Ovechkin was definitely one. He's also clashed with OHL referees (abused a couple off ice), OHL management, not to mention his history as a player suggests he goes over the edge in conflicts.

But, if it's just AA not working hard enough in practice, that shouldn't stand.

I did not know this. Seems like all of AA's attitude problems magically went away when he got to Barrie. Although he got a lot more ice time there too.

We might have a chicken & egg scenario. Does the player have an attitude problem which leads to less ice time? Or does getting less ice time lead to players attitude problem?

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The guy just speaks up when he feels he's being mistepresented.  And I side with him.  He's good.  Sheahan and Miller seem to have immunity from the coach's toungue.  Athanasiou should not be the whipping boy.

Well that's fine and good, but Blash's criticism was that he wasn't working hard in practice, not that he speaks up.

Are you following? 

On 1/6/2017 at 3:41 PM, Andy Pred 48 said:

well if giving him nearly 15mins ice time results in performances like that lets see more of it. Also anyone else notice that the guy with 2 goals also had the least icetime amongst the fwds last night, ?! 

"AA doesn't need a lot of minutes to be effective, that's part of our process, and we have to stick to that process."

Is Blashill finally starting to get it? He has the top 6 exactly the way I'd have it...

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Mantha

Athanasiou - Nielsen - Vanek

And the only change I would make in the bottom 6...

Tatar - Larkin - Abdelkader

Miller - Sheahan - Glendening

is scratch Miller, but Abby down on the 4th line, and insert Jurco on the 3rd line...

The defense pairs are...

DeKeyser - Green

Ericsson - Marchenko

Ouellet - Sproul

so no real complaints there either based on what we have available...

And Mrazek starting...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Is Blashill finally starting to get it? He has the top 6 exactly the way I'd have it...

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Mantha

Athanasiou - Nielsen - Vanek

And the only change I would make in the bottom 6...

Tatar - Larkin - Abdelkader

Miller - Sheahan - Glendening

is scratch Miller, but Abby down on the 4th line, and insert Jurco on the 3rd line...

The defense pairs are...

DeKeyser - Green

Ericsson - Marchenko

Ouellet - Sproul

so no real complaints there either based on what we have available...

And Mrazek starting...

What is this based on? Practice the day before a game? Because these have not been the lines used in a game. Why would a good coach mess with the MANtha-Z-Tatar line? they have been playing well. Ok MANtha has been playing well but the other 2 have been supporting him.

IMHO the best we can do with a healthy Abby is:

MANtha-Z-Tatar

AA-Neilsson-Vanek

Jurco-Larkin-Abby

Ott-Sheahan-Glendening

Time for Nyquist and Miller to sit. At least until someone else gets hurt......

Yes, this is based on practice lines, that they will likely use in tomorrow's game, assuming Abdelkader and Green are ready to go... Mantha and Zetterberg have been carrying that line, Tatar has been a passenger in my opinion. Nyquist has been playing well, generating chances, just can't buy a goal right now. Maybe Zetterberg and Mantha can get him going offensively. Nyquist definitely should not be the guy sitting...

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, this is based on practice lines, that they will likely use in tomorrow's game, assuming Abdelkader and Green are ready to go... Mantha and Zetterberg have been carrying that line, Tatar has been a passenger in my opinion. Nyquist has been playing well, generating chances, just can't buy a goal right now. Maybe Zetterberg and Mantha can get him going offensively. Nyquist definitely should not be the guy sitting...

Nyquist should play in stead of Tatar in my opinon, with Mantha and Z. Tatar should be medically examined & treated if necessary. If he is hurt, with his stature he simply does not belong in the lineup. Any lineup. On any NHL team.

If he's healthy, fine, slot him right in around Z and Mantha. Or somewhere else. Eye test say he's injured though, perhaps chronically. Trade it. Harsh but that's my thoughts.

Edited by Jacksoni

3 hours ago, Fedorovfan said:

Blashill is a good coach. My anger is over Holland and the scouting dept. The lack of depth all over the roster is not there.

This roster is very deep, what it lacks is high end talent. We are filled with mid pairing d-men and 2nd/3rd line forwards.

Edited by kliq

Helm is due back this weekend, which is great news for the team. Let's just hope Miller is the odd man out. I guess the only other option would be Sheahan, but I still think he's more valuable to the team, despite his utter lack of production this season... No chance Mantha or Athanasiou come out.

I still want to see Jurco get a shot, but unfortunately that's not going to happen under Blashill...