• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

joesuffP

Jeff Blashill

Rate this topic

More proof that Holland has lost his mind.  Like I said earlier. if success at lower levels was a guarantee of success in the NHL, Pulk and Frk would be scoring 25-30 goals in the NHL right now.  He just refuses to admit when he makes a mistake.

12 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

More proof that Holland has lost his mind.  Like I said earlier. if success at lower levels was a guarantee of success in the NHL, Pulk and Frk would be scoring 25-30 goals in the NHL right now.  He just refuses to admit when he makes a mistake.

No one said anything about a guarantee. But it is reasonable cause for some optimism. And it's not like there's anyone available with a wildly successful NHL career, and even if there was, past success isn't a guarantee either.

You come off as having the opinion that every player on our roster is s***, but you also expect success from Blashill. It's pretty obvious you have no objectivity and you just hate everything about the Wings right now. Probably pointless to even try to debate.

Objectively speaking, the results Blashill has gotten are at worst only slightly below what we should expect. I don't see a problem with having some patience with the guy while we're rebuilding. 

I never said the roster was garbage, just several of them are in terrible contracts. I said several times it should be able to at least push for a playoff spot and that the coaching staff have most of the players playing well below their abilities. Blashill has had 2 years now and hasn't done anything to suggest he can hack it in the NHL.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

There are some good coaches available now, Gallant, Ruff, that probably won't be available next summer, If it were me I'd be making a move now and replacing Blashill.

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

I never said the roster was garbage, just several of them are in terrible contracts. I said several times it should be able to at least push for a playoff spot and that the coaching staff have most of the players playing well below their abilities. Blashill has had 2 years now and hasn't done anything to suggest he can hack it in the NHL.

Push for (and in fact, earn) a playoff spot is exactly what we did last year. This year sucked, of course, but I don't think you can necessarily put that on Blashill. You won't find a roster that shouldn't at least push for a playoff spot. Someone has to lose. 

This "most players playing well below their abilities" thing is getting overblown. Most of our players are actually fairly close to their previous production. Half of them have hardly enough history to even have an established norm. Tatar just had his 2nd-best season, Nyquist had a career high in assists. Vanek had his best season in 4 years. Zetterberg had a bad year last year but rebounded this year.  

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Maybe just maybe Blash decides to coach like he did in GR. His teams were successful and if he quits trying to be a Babs clone maybe succcess will fall on top of him

Blash didn't change. People were just wrong to blame Babcock for our struggling offense. 

54 minutes ago, sether said:

There are some good coaches available now, Gallant, Ruff, that probably won't be available next summer, If it were me I'd be making a move now and replacing Blashill.

Not really. Gallant's coaching record is no better than Blashill's. Ruff has had some decent success, but also had his share of failure. Same for Therrien, or Tippett is becomes available. Hitchcock (if he even wants to coach again) has the best record (and the only Cup win), but also the biggest history of playoff under-achievement. 

And that's kind of my whole point here. Not saying Blashill is great, or even good, or that there isn't reasonable cause to think he's bad. Mostly just saying that given the transitional state of the roster, I don't think we can make a fair assessment of him so far. And since we're unlikely to be in contention for anything of note next year, I don't think there's any good reason to go chasing after someone just because they have a name we happen to recognize. There will be coaches just as good (and maybe better) available next year. 

Blashill is a horrible coach, it is very simple. You can say we are going to re build and yada yada, you still don't want a terrible coach running the team. "Sheahan is an elite thinker! He followed the process and after 81 games he was rewarded with 2 goals!" 

41 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

Blashill is a horrible coach, it is very simple. You can say we are going to re build and yada yada, you still don't want a terrible coach running the team. "Sheahan is an elite thinker! He followed the process and after 81 games he was rewarded with 2 goals!" 

I'm not going to argue for Blashill, but what these guys say to the media means nothing. Unless you are Torts, you are not going to publicly throw your player under the bus.

I'm not going to argue for Blashill, but what these guys say to the media means nothing. Unless you are Torts, you are not going to publicly throw your player under the bus.

You don't have to trash a player, but putting a guy with zero goals on the PP for his defensive ability when you still have a shot at the playoffs is beyond stupid

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

You don't have to trash a player, but putting a guy with zero goals on the PP for his defensive ability when you still have a shot at the playoffs is beyond stupid

I think we are debating different things here. I am in no way defending any of Blashill's actions such as putting Sheahan on the PP. The point I was making is that I dont care what the coach or GM says to the media.

41 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Per Dreger

Dallas moving quickly. Gallant, Dejardins, and Hitchcock are there top 3 choices.

Dreger also says he believes Gallant will end up in Dallas or Vegas within the next weeks or so.

I say Hitch goes back to Dallas, Gallant to Vegas, Sutter to Vancouver.

..although, it'd be sweet to at least get Sutter here as an A. I don't think he'd take the job, unless all HC jobs were already filled. He'd be a perfect replacement if Blas hill doesn't make it past next season. 

Edited by LeftWinger