• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/2 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Flyers 4 (OT)

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Who jinxed the Cubs earlier? Someone said "on the night they win..." I hate Cleveland sports teams. I seriously hope they do not win.

It was me.  I don't care for the Cubs.  If their fans are annoying now, imagine how bad they'll become if they win the WS. Will make Red Sox fans look cool and humble.  

15 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

Anyone blaming mrazek tonight knows nothing about hockey. No way should he not get the next start. He was solid tonight. Not his fault he was prevented from making the save on the 3rd goal. This loss is the league and then coaching. Blash has zero handle on this team and how to utilize his forwards and dman. I would love to see ron wilson coaching these forwards.

He was poor on the first goal and could have done better on the 4th goal.  The other two weren't his fault.  

3 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

He was poor on the first goal and could have done better on the 4th goal.  The other two weren't his fault.  

He overcommited a bit on the 1st goal but it was a nice play so i don't blame him. The 4th goal for all we know he was still a bit shaken up and 3 on 3 hockey is hard to blame a goalie for. Mrazek held us in this game and def did not cost us the game. This whole silly goalie rotation idea is ridiculous. Blash named petr the starter so he shouldn't be benched just because he lost. Jimmy should only be playing back to backs for the time being.

Im not sure why sproul is sitting over marchenko or dekeyser. Dekeyser is so bad its painful to watch. He can't pass and we have horrible possession when he is out there. I loved having green playing with Smith. Id bench dekeyser for a few games.

Smith green

Oulette sproul

Ericsson marchenko

But won't happen cuz our coach is a clown who thinks players like dekeyser miller and glendening are amazing. 

3 hours ago, wings_fanatic said:

Im not sure why sproul is sitting over marchenko or dekeyser. Dekeyser is so bad its painful to watch. He can't pass and we have horrible possession when he is out there. I loved having green playing with Smith. Id bench dekeyser for a few games.

Smith green

Oulette sproul

Ericsson marchenko

But won't happen cuz our coach is a clown who thinks players like dekeyser miller and glendening are amazing. 

this ..............would any of you take bob hartley :lol:

Lmao that OT was hilariously pathetic. Good work by Larkin to create space, unfortunately Helm is apparently a choker. Put it on net you moron. 

Mrazek unsurprisingly had another Jekyll and Hyde game. Overplays the 1st goal pretty badly, and I'm honestly not even sure how the OT winner goes by him. That 3rd goal was obviously goaltender interference though, and is reminiscent of god awful calls that I thought we'd put behind us.

There's always a couple of games a year that makes my faith in the team take a very big hit, and I'm normally pretty optimistic. This was one of those games.

Word of the game:

con·sist·en·cy
noun
noun: consistency; noun: consistence; plural noun: consistencies; plural noun: consistences
  1. 1.
    conformity in the application of something, typically that which is necessary for the sake of logic, accuracy, or fairness.
    "the grading system is to be streamlined to ensure greater consistency"
    synonyms: uniformity, constancy, regularity, evenness, steadiness, stability, equilibrium;

• the achievement of a level of performance that does not vary greatly in quality over time.

or lack of it in today's NHL referees. well, it is hard to complain about morons wearing stripes while we have bunch wearing red and white...

Edited by ami

5 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I would add the second goal as poor as well. He cant allow a rebound off his glove on a routine wrister from the blueline. If he wants to be an elite goaltender he needs make that catch 100% of the time. 

4 hours ago, MDCard said:

Does anybody still remember Mrazek in the shootout against St Louis a few games ago??  He is the #1 guy.  

Remember when Howard beat the Rangers and played better than Mrazek did in the St Louis game? Its silly to think that with the way Howard has started the season he only deserves to start on the back end of back to backs. It needs to be a 60/40 split for Mrazek until he either proves he deserves the #1 spot or Howard continues to wrestle more games away. He can play well all game long but if he letting 3 or more goals squeek by, which has happened in 5 of his 8 starts, that is a problem. Goaltending hasnt been one of this top 5 issues but you cant honestly say that Mrazek hasnt been leaky with how the ones that go in are going in. They are saves he needs to make and had been making and if he doesnt soon it will be a true 1A - 1B rotation soon.

Edited by GoalieManPat

9 hours ago, wings_fanatic said:

He overcommited a bit on the 1st goal but it was a nice play so i don't blame him. The 4th goal for all we know he was still a bit shaken up and 3 on 3 hockey is hard to blame a goalie for. Mrazek held us in this game and def did not cost us the game. This whole silly goalie rotation idea is ridiculous. Blash named petr the starter so he shouldn't be benched just because he lost. Jimmy should only be playing back to backs for the time being.

He over committed "a bit"? His entire body was outside of the crease, leaving the net completely open. And he does that constantly. Mrazek shouldn't be benched because he lost a single game, he should be benched because Jimmy has been far superior and Mrazek thus far has been questionable at best.

All these blown leads are on the coaching staff (Blashill). I don't understand the mentality to sit back on leads. Instead of trying to defend a lead, why not try to extend it? I'm sick and f***ing tired of seeing a shortened bench at the end of games, with our "defensive studs" out every other shift, while the kids / offensive players sit... Up by a goal with just over a minute remaining and we throw out Nielsen (I don't mind him being out there, although he was a big reason they scored the tying goal last night), Glendening, Miller, Ericsson and Marchenko... Like seriously, what the f*** is that s***? Let's try to defend the one goal lead by out-gritting / blocking shots, spending the entire shift in the defensive zone, rather than putting players on the ice that can actually gain possession and move the play up ice...

Another thing, why the f*** do we always go with two defenders on the power-play when up by a goal at the end of games? Again, to defend the lead... Why not try to score an insurance goal to cushion the lead? Terrible f***ing coaching strategy... Don't f***ing sit back! Go for the jugular!

Im so sick of hearing about howard. He is the backup so get over it. 

What we should be talking about is blashill. I read an article from bob duff about how blash said he was unhappy with AA last night. Well blash all AA does is score with 7 min or ice time you give him so why dont you stop being an idiot and call out players like dekeyser for consistently sucking, or marchenko or glendening for losing key battles and not knowing what to do with the puck on a 3 on 2, or ericsson for coughing the puck up the middle 3 times last night, or miller for losing battles? Such a poor coach its a real shame.

Zetterberg is still leading all forwards in time on ice. That is unacceptable. The fact that he started the overtime period is mind blowing to me. 3-on-3 hockey is all about speed, that's when the bench should be shortened. I'd start with Larkin - Athanasiou - Green, then throw out Nielsen - Nyquist - Smith, then Helm - Tatar - Sproul / Ouellet (if it gets that far)... Slow / shut-down players should never see the ice in OT...

4 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

Im so sick of hearing about howard. He is the backup so get over it.

I'm so sick of hearing about goalies.  Neither are the issue.  Both you and kr are right... it's the coaching in front of our netminder that's the issue. 

10 hours ago, wings_fanatic said:

Smith green

Oulette sproul

Ericsson marchenko

DeKeyser needs to grow his hair out again, because he played better when he looked like a woman.  

9 hours ago, sjr2012 said:

this ..............would any of you take bob hartley :lol:

I would.  Remember this.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIcdbxzrtbI

34 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Zetterberg is still leading all forwards in time on ice. That is unacceptable. The fact that he started the overtime period is mind blowing to me. 3-on-3 hockey is all about speed, that's when the bench should be shortened. I'd start with Larkin - Athanasiou - Green, then throw out Nielsen - Nyquist - Smith, then Helm - Tatar - Sproul / Ouellet (if it gets that far)... Slow / shut-down players should never see the ice in OT...

I'd give Zetterberg the Masterton trophy if he can play 60 games this season on the top line.