• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Tyler Bertuzzi recalled... Vanek to LTIR

Rate this topic

So Miller looks to be healthy scratch next game? Seems like Blash is slowly starting to get it. Now if he'd scratch Ott too and run something like...

Tatar - Nielsen - Mantha

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkader

Helm - Larkin - Athanasiou

Bertuzzi - Glendening - Sheahan

Unless Bertuzzi is just up to fill in for pracrice and will be sent down again before Wednesday's game against the Monsters... 

The D is still a mess, but Sproul or Ouellet needs to be in for Marchenko...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Bertuzzi recalled? He's been playing well but if this isn't a punch in the d*** to Mantha, I don't know what is... Mantha should be replacing Vanek. Bertuzzi should be replacing Miller. This f***ing team...

Sheahan finally on the fourth line where he belongs

Lol that's hilarious. Don't replace the goal scorer with the guy scoring almost a goal per game, that just seems to make too much sense.

edit: just wanted to make it clear that I think this is definitely better than nothing. I thought Bertuzzi should've been on the team at the beginning of the season, so I'm fairly excited for this move.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

This is pure 100% BS. This might be one of Hollands dumbest moves ever. We can't score. So we are going to bring up a checker and not the guy leading (haven't checked this weekend) the AHL in goals scored? Nothing against Lil Bert. But he is not what we need. He is a 3/4 line grinder like Ott, Glendening, Helm, Miller, etc... all of which are healthy.

Why did we wait until Monday for a move? HSJ reported and I posted on this forum on Friday that vanek is going to be out 2-3 more weeks and should be put on LTIR. We have played and lost 2 games since then.

Now if MANtha isn't 100% healthy then this makes sense, but that is the only way.

I like this. Bert was very impressive in the preseason with some great playmaking instincts. Good to see that Miller seems to the odd man out too. He played only 6 and a half minutes last games so Blash seems to be starting to get it.

I know people want Mantha for goalscoring, but I think our biggest shortcoming recently is compete level and that's something Bert has brought every time I've seen him. 

Should be Mantha (duh), but I'm good with this. Lately we've looked soft, listless. If there's one thing Tyler Bertuzzi isn't, it's soft and listless. He's also quite skilled and is, IMO, fully capable of being more than a piano-puller (i.e. he can make plays and score goals). I'm hoping he does slot in on the top line tomorrow night; that has the potential to be a pretty dynamic line.

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Sheahan finally on the fourth line where he belongs

They must have heard my bitching finally.

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

If I was Mantha I'd be asking out of this organization right now.

Then you would be labeled as a whiny loser like Drouin. Thank god Mantha seems to have more class than that.

13 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Then you would be labeled as a whiny loser like Drouin. Thank god Mantha seems to have more class than that.

At this point, I think most Wings fans would side with him. 

But I really hope we see Lil' Bert next game. It'll be a small step on Blashill's part, but it's a step. 

Bert is a good start. Feel for Mantha, but he needs to use the disrespect the organization is showing him and continue to dominate in the AHL. Before long, even with this outdated thinking management and coaching staff, if he keeps putting up numbers they'll have to put him in before long.

Why? It seems obvious that Trashill has something against him and wont give hIm or AA fair shot. He expects the kids to be "on" every shift but lets the vets get away with taking entire games off. If anything the established NHL players need to be held to the higher standard than the kids.

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Just remember, at the end of pre-season Blashill said AA and Mantha just weren't doing enough to impress.

Sucks that our UFA curse is still in effect. Everytime we sign a ufa that is supposed to impact the team, boom...out.

Mike Green says hi. Neilson's been healthy too.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm sure most, if not everybody would have preferred Mantha get the call here, especially under the circumstances (needing scoring / replacing a goal scorer). However, this is definitely a step in the right direction. I'd like to think this is a permanent promotion and Mantha is very close behind, with Ott coming out next...

Line combos for next game:

3rd line winger - 2nd line center - 2nd line winger

2nd line winger - 2nd line center - 3rd line winger

4th line winger - 4th line center - 3rd line winger

AHL 2nd liner - 4th line center - AHL 2nd liner

3rd pair defenseman - 2nd pair defenseman

3rd pair defenseman - 2nd pair defenseman

AHL 1st pair defenseman - AHL 1st pair defenseman

Bert will be miles ahead of Mantha in three years. Tough, competitive, a gamer. I am at almost every Griffin game and it is apples and oranges. Mantha scores, but is not a two way player. Bert is going to grind, which the wings sorely miss right now. 

Watch the game tomorrow and see if you agree. 

9 minutes ago, TomTestedTough said:

Bert will be miles ahead of Mantha in three years. Tough, competitive, a gamer. I am at almost every Griffin game and it is apples and oranges. Mantha scores, but is not a two way player. Bert is going to grind, which the wings sorely miss right now. 

Watch the game tomorrow and see if you agree. 

This is good to hear.  Love Lil Bert!

Yup, another grinding player is exactly what this team needs... We obviously don't need goal scoring... Mantha is a goal scorer, but f*** that noise, we need to turn him into a two-way player... We don't have enough guys that play a 200 foot game...

I too watch a ton of Griffins games, and I'm a huge fan of Bertuzzi, but I highly doubt he'll be "miles ahead of Mantha in three years"...