• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
marcaractac

Trouba re-signs with Winnipeg

Rate this topic

This is exactly why the goal of making the playoffs just to lose in the first round needs to stop. Not having a top 5 pick for decades is having real repercussions now with the salary cap and not being able to find the next Zetterberg in the 7th round. Many teams have great young competitive rosters with some great players they can afford to move because they've finished in the bottom 5 and/or missed the playoffs a few times. Highest pick the Wings have had was what? 15th once or twice? That's not gonna cut it. Having a GM that's still stuck in the pre salary cap era doesn't help either. He just can't deal without illitch's open checkbook anymore.

15 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

How does this make him easier to trade for?

For DET, it doesn't. Think it benefits everyone but the Wings (and other teams who already made pitches).

For Cheveldayoff, he has a young asset signed to a 2-year deal at a modest cap hit. Teams who were out on Trouba because of his rumored demand of 5.5M AAV might take a closer look now. With a bigger pool of suitors, the odds are Trouba will eventually find his way out of WPG. Either way, more suitors = more competition for Holland, whose offer(s) were already rejected by Cheveldayoff.

Not sure he'll moved right away, but I wouldn't be shocked if one of those teams acquired him at the trade deadline. They'll have him for another season at 3M, and assuming Trouba likes the fit, they can sign him to an extension during the offseason that'll kick in for the 2018-19 season.

Edited by Jesusberg

i bet holland trades for griardi or marc staal

the f*** do the rangers need another top 4 dman for

read on HFboards that on twitter theres a couple people saying he no longer wants to be traded since signing new contract. ******

Edited by brett

4 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Cheveldayoff has zero reason to trade him now.

Right now, sure. He has him locked-up and there's no reason to shop him, anymore. As I said in a previous post, I can see something happening around the trade deadline. The Jets could struggle, someone could blow away Cheveldayoff with an offer, etc. 

I doubt much has changed for Trouba, though. I don't see Paul Maurice magically utilizing Trouba any differently, which is why he sat-out in the first place. Not that it'll have an impact on Cheveldayoff's mindset about moving him anytime soon, but I don't see Trouba playing out the full contract in Winnipeg.

27 minutes ago, brett said:

i bet holland trades for griardi or marc staal

the f*** do the rangers need another top 4 dman for

read on HFboards that on twitter theres a couple people saying he no longer wants to be traded since signing new contract. ******

Right. Trouba himself came out and stated he's rescinded his trade request. He's returning to that locker room after sitting out for a month. Not much else he can say, really - going to play with these guys for the foreseeable future.