• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
marcaractac

Trouba re-signs with Winnipeg

Rate this topic

Just now, Crashnburnluder said:

Trouba could still want a trade, by signing he makes him self more valuable so teams might raise their payment, which gets teams up to Winnipeg's demands

Trouba for 6 million for 2 years is an absolute steal. I'd HATE to lose him but I'd pay Larkin for that. 

Just now, Crashnburnluder said:

We can't lose our future 1 C but I'm more then willing to Dekeyser ++, add shehan, bertuzzi, AA, 1st, or pretty much anything but Mantha and Larkin and Mrazek to get it done.

That's why I said I'd hate to do that but I'll doubt anythiing else gets it done. Maybe Cheveldayoff surprises us all and trades him for Rielly from the Leafs

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

F*** Balls! Sign and trade to the Wings?... Not going to happen. I guess the dream of landing Trouba is dead for another couple years...

This. Might be just be getting him more tradable but I don't see why at least for the Wings. He already was enough before. Time to look for a different player or getting back to him in two years.

2 hours ago, trule23 said:

did any of you really expect us to land him anyways?

Never for a second. Wings didn't have the assets to get him, besides ones that would screw us in other areas in the future. Cheveldayoff may never have wanted to trade him, hence his asking price. There was no pressure to get a deal done on his side, so he was just gonna wait Trouba out. And it worked. If someone bit on his high trade demands, then fine, but he wasn't going to make any deals unless got exactly the player(s) he wanted.

36 minutes ago, sjr2012 said:

would anyone still be interested in shantenkirk?

Sure, but he would take real assets that can't be given up at this point. Every damn team wants Larkin or Mantha because they know Holland is in a bad spot and that's not happening.

6 hours ago, Crashnburnluder said:

Trouba could still want a trade, by signing he makes him self more valuable so teams might raise their payment, which gets teams up to Winnipeg's demands

He's not coming to Detroit either way though. Winnipeg already asked for our most valuable asset with him unsigned. What they'd want for him now with that cap hit...forget it.