• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

11/8 GDT - Red Wings 3, Philadelphia Flyers 2 (SO)

You could see Blashill's gameplay executed in this one. Honestly they were quite solid defensively but I think the problem is Blashill hasn't identified whose a defensive player and whose just bad at hockey. Marchenko and to a lesser extent DD. Not guys I want out there against a potent offense protecting a tie. With the forwards theirs just bad execution. Bad passes and brain farts but they look like their just not getting the bounces right now. Better game overall. I'd like to see Marchenko sat and DD not leaned on so heavily. Ott needs to sit as well

12 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Fun fact, the first game that Detroit LOST in Philly in March 1998 to begin this streak, I was there at that game. they lost 6-1. It's all my fault.

This win ends the second 12-game Away Losing Streak v. Philadelphia in Club History, tieing the Club Record against them, with the first one stretching from 14/10/1973 to 19/11/1978, including 2 shutouts and no overtime games. This most recent streak also included 2 shutouts and 1 overtime game.

12 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

This statement is just as accurate when talking about Mrazek heyooooooo

Yep. But it doesn't make it less true. I wonder how many of the people around here that wanted Howard gone in the off season saying he sucked, he inspired no confidence, he was finished, he was overpaid and his contract was an albatross and would have been happy to trade him for a three pack of Canadian Tire hockey pucks are the ones posting backing him up now? Willing to bet there's quite a few. Wings fans are so fickle when it come to their goalies. Lol

I'm just speaking for myself here, but I've never said I hated Howard or that he sucks, but I am one of the one's that wanted him traded this past offseason... and since then, nothing has changed. I still want to move him first chance we get, and him playing as well as he has, is helping that. Howard is a very good, underrated goaltender, but when he's on he's among the best in the league. Mrazek is an up-and-coming star goaltender, if he can become more consistent. Bottom line, $9.3M is too much to spend on goaltending, and shedding half of that would give us some wiggle room to upgrade in other areas (defense)...

AA looking sharp. He is scary fast and will be a cornerstone on this team if he just stays healthy and keeps working.

Bertuzzi looked hungry and has a good feel for the game. He can cause other teams problems with that stick of his, he seems to have an understanding of how the game flows and shuts down angles with the best of them. That will lead to a goal eventually if he stays on.

Though overall I am dissapointed with our play after watching the early season. I doubt we'll place higher than we did last season, at best. There is just not to much clicking in regards to set plays, outlet passes and board battles. But I could be wrong, one can hope so.