• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

AA out 1-2 weeks with a Knee Sprain

Rate this topic

AA out 1-2 weeks after last night's hit by Tryamkin.

per Ansar Khan and WIIM

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2016/11/11/13598802/red-wings-injury-update-andreas-athanasiou-out-one-to-two-weeks-with-knee-sprain

The Red Wings have recalled Anthony Mantha from the Griffins.

Edited by NerveDamage

Terrible news. Excited to see Mantha get another shot though. He's been great against the Habs too. 2 of his only NHL goals came in the 2 games against Montreal.

Hopefully he impresses management and we can somehow keep both Mantha and Athanasiou in the lineup when AA gets back...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Terrible news. Excited to see Mantha get another shot though. He's been great against the Habs too. 2 of his only NHL goals came in the 2 games against Montreal.

Hopefully he impresses management and we can somehow keep both Mantha and Athanasiou in the lineup when AA gets back...

is Bertuzzi waiver exempt, or which player can be easily moved up and down from the Griffs?

Yes, Bertuzzi, Mantha and Athanasiou are all waiver exempt, as well as Larkin... No one needs to be sent down right away wity AA on short term IR. My hope is that with everyone healthy, Miller gets waived but I don't see that happening. Bertuzzi / Mantha will likely be the odd man out...

4 minutes ago, Wingnut1989 said:

Whens Jurco gonna be back

According to RotoWorld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nhl/3695/tomas-jurco

Tomas Jurco (back) has suffered a minor setback.
Jurco has been trying to come back from an injury he sustained over the summer. Even with that setback, he might be able to return in a couple weeks. Nov 11 - 3:27 PM

Once he returns I think the Wings can send him down to the AHL on a temporary basis without putting him through waivers if its deemed a "conditioning assignment".

Edited by kliq

46 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

So what's our optimal line-upif everyone is healthy?

I'm not the best with lines, but if it was up to me I would do some combination of the following players based on chemistry. I think most will admit that with this lineup we have a pretty strong team even without "a superstar". This could be the best 4th line in the league.

Zetterberg - Larkin -  Mantha

Tatar - Nielsen - Abby

Vanek - AA - Nyquist

Sheahan - Helm - Glenndening

DD - Green

Marchenko - Kronwall

Sproul - Smith

Healthy Scratches - E, Jurco, XO, (Ott/Miller Sent down)

37 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I do.

No room for him anyways. I'd take Miller or Ott over him. All the potential had never materialized at the NHL level. Team needs to cut ties already, give him a chance elsewhere. Maybe get a pick for him, something the team def needs..

35 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

No room for him anyways. I'd take Miller or Ott over him. All the potential had never materialized at the NHL level. Team needs to cut ties already, give him a chance elsewhere. Maybe get a pick for him, something the team def needs..

He's 23, one year older then Mantha. I'm not saying he is a future all star, but I wouldn't give up on him yet.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

So what's our optimal line-upif everyone is healthy?

Tatar - Nielsen - Mantha

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Vanek

Athanasiou - Larkin - Jurco

Sheahan - Helm - Abdelkader

DeKeyser - Green

Smith - Kronwall

Ericsson - Sproul

1 hour ago, kliq said:

He's 23, one year older then Mantha. I'm not saying he is a future all star, but I wouldn't give up on him yet.

Oh i'm sure Holland won't. He'll be resigned to a long term deal in the offseason, no worries.