• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cdjen

Detroit goal scoring

Rate this topic

Posted 2 days ago but in the wrong thread.

How lousy we are in scoring points. Our highest point getter is a DEFENCEMAN Green (10 pts) he ranks 55 and 28 teams have at least one player ahead of the Wings/Green. Our next scorers are Nyquist (9 pts)- 84th, Vanek (8 pts) 102nd and our future stars are Larkin & AA- tied at 211th. With 5 points. This is the product of wanting everyone to be a 2way player. We used to have 3 and 4 players in the first 30 point scorers. We really have no clutch scorer and no genuine star. This is the result of a team who has not had a high draft pick safe Larkin (15th) and so far this year he is a disappointment ... he's usually the player with most shots yet he misses the net, shoots directly on the goalie, anything but score. He needs a coach that will take him aside and show him how to score. He's everywhere, reminds me of a headless chicken. I happy he is a Wing player but he needs polishing. He is not scoring like a high pick so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would check stats again. Z, Nyquist and Green at tied for point lead, Z is leading in assists and Larkin is leading the team in goals.

Premature panic.

Mike Green was signed to be a scoring defenseman by the way. So him being high in points is actually a good thing. 

Edited by kickazz

I would check stats again. Z, Nyquist and Green at tied for point lead, Z is leading in assists and Larkin is leading the team in goals.
Premature panic.
Mike Green was signed to be a scoring defenseman by the way. So him being high in points is actually a good thing. 

As I wrote, I had posted that prior to our last 3-1 win against Chicago but in the wrong thread.
Are you telling me that you are satisfied with our lack of wins? Our more talented players are not scoring enough goals and Larkin, for all the chances he has had, should have around 10 goals. Just saying!

I think this teams largest problem is winning battles. Sometimes they're good for a period or two or even a whole game then they win games. Other times they get embarrassed like against Montreal. They can't consistently play strong and fast. Sooner or later they revert to their timid selves. It affects offense, defense and special teams when you simply can't win battles

1 hour ago, cdjen said:

As I wrote, I had posted that prior to our last 3-1 win against Chicago but in the wrong thread.
Are you telling me that you are satisfied with our lack of wins? Our more talented players are not scoring enough goals and Larkin, for all the chances he has had, should have around 10 goals. Just saying!

No I'm not telling you anything about being satisfied or unsatisfied about our wins because my post made no mention of wins or losses. My post only mentioned about our scoring leaders. Larkin has 5 goals in 16 games thats a pace for 25 goals in 82 games for a 2nd year playmaking center/winger. That's very good. 10 goals? That would be pacing for 50 goals by the end of the season.. You expect him to be a 50 goal scorer by the end of the season? You want him to score as much or possibly more than Ovechkin??

Edited by kickazz

This team is 8-7-1. Tampa is 8-6-1. Both have 17 points. If you had told me Detroit would be tied with Tampa by the middle of November this summer, I would have laughed. Granted, many of the wins came because of great goaltending and not blowing out teams with scoring, but they are wins. Whatever way this team has to get it done doesn't matter to me. I don't care if any of the players are winning scoring titles and I don't think it matters to many others. Just outscore the other team they are playing by 1 and take it game by game. All you can ask for with the team they have.

I don't think many fans will be dissapointed if they don't make the playoffs this season anyways. They aren't going to do any damage, and they need a high draft pick to help out this rebuild on the fly, or whatever the hell Holland is tryin to do.

19 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

Haha oh man. Why not put Mantha or Bertuzzi there?

Least I got two good things out of that article. Kronwall isn't playing tomorrow, and Vanek should be back on the weekend.

At least Blashill isn't tr to use Kronwall for 26 minutes every night like I thought he would when he returned. Kinda using him as a third pair/spare and giving him rest. He shouldn't be playing at all, but that's the Red Wings way.

3 hours ago, cdjen said:

10 goals would be a bit much to expect from Larkin at this point.  You can be disappointed I suppose, but he's doing fine.  Expectations of him being a prolific/elite scorer have been overblown a bit too much, having that expectation will lead to disappointment.

There are currently only 5 players in the league (2 on the same team) that have 10 goals.  Ovechkin isn't one of them, he has 7.  By the way, his 7 goals is at a pace for 40 goals.  The guys with 10+, this is what they'd be on pace for over a full season:

- Crosby - 91 

- Pastrnak - 59

- Laine - 53

- Grabner - 51

- Scheifele - 48

3 hours ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Reading about what these guys were all on pace for... this team is just a massive let down lol.

I have to ask....if you are letdown, what were your expectation coming into the season? Last time I checked which was yesterday afternoon, we were in a 4 way tie for 11th in the league. Were your expectations of this team top 5 in the NHL?

Personally, this team hasn't let me down at all. They are exactly where I thought they would be. I don't expect this team to contend until Larkin/Mantha/AA/Mrazek get to that next level, and we acquire a 1A d-man.

59 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

I said we'd be a .500 team tops this year and just miss the playoffs, so at this moment in time they are above my expectations.

Ya I'm pretty much on the same page, except I thought we would squeak in. At the end of the day what you are predicting and what I am predicting are probably a difference of 2-4 points.

2 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

I said we'd be a .500 team tops this year and just miss the playoffs, so at this moment in time they are above my expectations.

But at this very moment, aren't they a .500 team (8 wins, 8 losses) and are sitting just out of the playoffs?

3 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

But at this very moment, aren't they a .500 team (8 wins, 8 losses) and are sitting just out of the playoffs?

As of right now yes, they are 2 points out. 2 days ago they were in 3rd place. It literally switches each day.

14 hours ago, kliq said:

I have to ask....if you are letdown, what were your expectation coming into the season? Last time I checked which was yesterday afternoon, we were in a 4 way tie for 11th in the league. Were your expectations of this team top 5 in the NHL?

Personally, this team hasn't let me down at all. They are exactly where I thought they would be. I don't expect this team to contend until Larkin/Mantha/AA/Mrazek get to that next level, and we acquire a 1A d-man.

It was more so on the jokes of guys on pace to score 200 goals. No I ain't letdown by this team. It's a long season. You'll have games where things look really bad but it happens. I still think we find a way into the playoffs.