• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/15 GDT : Lightning 4 at Red Wings 3

No reason why Sproul shouldn't be in the lineup every night going forward unless injured. He was tossed in to improve the PP, scored a goal and tallied an assist in response. He's getting involved on offense which we greatly need. Rest of the defense underwhelmed as expected. Mrazek was meh, that game should have gone into OT but it is what it is. 

Go get em next game and figure this mess out.

2 minutes ago, puckbags said:

I'm not one to complain about the refs usually but these guys are just ruining the quality of the game. The league really needs to sort this out. 

Yeah, the ref needs to prevent Mrazek from running out of the crease on every shot.  

Just now, GMRwings1983 said:

Yeah, the ref needs to prevent Mrazek from running out of the crease on every shot.  

It never gets to that point if they call the 3 hooking penalties prior to it. 

Just now, DRW Dominance said:

I'm a huge mrazek supporter but tonight was not good enough. 3rd goal I didn't think he battled enough to find the puck, regardless of a deflection from 40 feet away. 4th goal is overplayed. Couple of bad bounces but 4 goals is 4 goals. 

I would bench him.  Howard is this team's best chance to get points right now.  Mrazek needs to work on his positioning with some goalie coaches.  His fundamentals are poor and shooters are picking up on that around the league.

Time for Sproul to be a regular defenceman every single ******* night for the rest of the season. Ouellet should be in too, but that's expecting too much from Blash.

It was satisfying watching Sproul and Mantha make great plays on the PP to get us back in the game. Love when the kids show the coach they are better than the veterans he favors. Bad bounce for Petr at the end, but really I'm starting to accept the team isn't very good and won't do much this year. If we can play exciting hockey, and have the kids excel, that's good enough for me.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

I think petr looked like he didnt play in a while. O wait, he didn't. I totally blame blashill for his poor mismanagement of the goalie situation. It started early on this season. Blashill himself said petr was the guy but then gave howard starts petr should have had and since then petr just has not looked himself. He needs to play better no doubt, but now knowing blashill petr will sit for another week or so.

Speaking of blashill he needs to be fired. I believe it is 4 times so far that miller has been on the ice in the dying minute and we have been scored on. 

Just now, xault said:

He still jumps out of net on almost every shot.

I wasn't talking about the goaltending.  He overplayed the puck terribly tonight, that's obvious.  It's his weak spot.  He looks great on those horizontal until one gets deflected and then he's so far out of poisition it's comical. 

good to see the Wings tally up a 2 goal deficit. but wasn't enough of an effort to close this game and Tampa took advantage of that. We can't blame either Jimmy or Petr when they have to make up for what we are lacking on deffence. Definitely have to score more to make up for the goals we are gonna let in.

Then again, had Stamkos being in the whole game, it would have been a much different story. So a lot to think about for Blash

Edited by NerveDamage

Just now, GMRwings1983 said:

Afraid not.  Holland will never be fired.  Unless you're saying he will resign in shame.  That he should do.

I'm envisioning a "Shane McMahon NOW owns WCW" moment where Kenny is giving a press conference at the end of the year and the camera cuts to Yzerman saying he's running the show now. A guy can dream. 

I'm a huge deke supporter but this dude went downhill so bad. Worst guy out there. Smith had a s*** game. Sproul was our best dman. We have no offense. Even with guys like nyquist Tatar abs guys that can score. Not getting it done. So what do we have? A broken ass team with a bunch of the same players. That's why vanek was a good addition. He can shoot and deflect shots where not many others can on the team. But how long must we wait until a move is made? The team is not going to improve with the current players and coach. 

2 minutes ago, Crashnburnluder said:

I don't care what u say about Pete, he wasnr great. But TB on a b2b, lose Stamkos, no stralman, Boyle down for 10, cobrun misses time... And we still get out skates late 3rd, old legs, no heart... And miller on the ice ??? Absolute joke...

Don't forget no Drouin too!

2 minutes ago, Crashnburnluder said:

I don't care what u say about Pete, he wasnr great. But TB on a b2b, lose Stamkos, no stralman, Boyle down for 10, cobrun misses time... And we still get out skates late 3rd, old legs, no heart... And miller on the ice ??? Absolute joke...

Sounds like last years playoffs..

But don't worry, "We like our team"