No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

11/18 GDT : Red Wings @ Capitals

Jimmy Howard
Howard, Jimmy
Confirmed
Nov. 17, 2016, 12:32 p.m.

Howard will start Friday in Washington.

Howard allowed five goals on 25 shots in the Red Wings’ loss in Montreal last Saturday. Petr Mrazek started on Tuesday, but they’ll go back to Howard tonight in Washington. Howard has gone 2-2-0 with a 2.69 GAA and .913 SV% in four November starts and draws a rough start tonight against a high-powered Washington team.

Ansar Khan

Braden Holtby
Holtby, Braden
Confirmed
Nov. 18, 2016, 11:17 a.m.

Holtby will start Friday vs. the Red Wings.

Holtby allowed one goal on 26 shots in the Capitals’ 7-1 win vs. the Penguins on Wednesday. Holtby has won five of his six November starts while posting a 1.98 GAA and .933 SV% and is a must-start tonight vs. the Red Wings. Detroit is banged up, struggling and Holtby is 4-2-0 on home-ice this season.

JJ Regan

Thanks for posting the GDT.

Jimmy is net again tonight, he's going to need to be very strong as I anticipate being heavily outshot against an offensively strong Caps squad. 

I'm just hoping for a point here, Wings need to bring their best effort to keep a loss off their record. 

LGW!

Remember when the Caps were at the Joe last season and Ovi was trying to break Feds goal record? Hell, he had like 15 shots on goal alone! Petr stopped them all! Lets hope Howard has something for Ovi tonight, because he has only scored 1 goal in his last 7 games, he'll be looking to pile up the goals against our lame D.

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Remember when the Caps were at the Joe last season and Ovi was trying to break Feds goal record? Hell, he had like 15 shots on goal alone! Petr stopped them all! Lets hope Howard has something for Ovi tonight, because he has only scored 1 goal in his last 7 games, he'll be looking to pile up the goals against our lame D.

I was at that game, I think I held my breathe for every one of those shots lol!

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

I was at that game, I think I held my breathe for every one of those shots lol!

I remember that game like it was yesterday. It was Ovechkin's private shooting gallery party. It was a miracle that he didn't score. He should have had 2 at least. We need that Mrazek back fast, or Jimmy if he can reach that level, which I doubt personally but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

What worries me about Howie starting tonight is that one of Howard's weaknesses seems to be his speed in his lateral movement. When Howard is on his game, he is simply a fundamentally sound goalie. Washington does a lot of one-times to Ovie over on that left side and if he gets that many chances on Jimmy, I cant see Jimmy getting over in time every single shot like Mrazek did.

Just now, jimmyemeryhunter said:

This site seriously needs to have a good mobile site.

I miss you guys, but I'm not home enough to be on my computer. and this site is awful, no, worse than awful, it's unusable on mobile.

Nice to hear from jimmy. Not good, I thought the update would even improve the mobile experience. Maybe Matt can help ?!