• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

11/18 GDT : Red Wings @ Capitals

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

How many losses do we have to endure until Holland makes a trade? We were 6-2 at one point, we're 2-7-1 since. Heads must roll.

Trade for what?  An entire first line.  Maybe an actual 1D or 1C so we can get 1 more win and still suck.  Team is a complete dumpster fire from top to bottom.  At this point every vet  can go.  They are all trash. 

7 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I know it's a loss but we lost 1-0?

True it was only 1-0 but its not so much of how many you lose by but how you lose. Detroit never looked in the game at all. Washington was down 3 forwards early and playing poorly themselves tonight and should have been ripe for the picking but I can remember maybe 1 or 2 good scoring chances for the Wings. Their is no urgency on this team. When you have talent you can play the calm and cool game knowing eventually it will pay off. Detroit is not a talented team so they need to outwork the opposition and thats just not happening. A perfect example is the PP in the 2nd where a Washington players stick broke. Detroit passed the puck around for 45 seconds between the same three guys on the outside and all they got was a shot from Sproul along the boards. No movement to try and open up space. No quick passes to get Washington out of position. No players attacking the net with the puck. Just nonchalant passing it back and forth in places that arent dangerous. 

You know its a bad game when you come here after and see a 3 page GDT

Blashill still clueless, Holland still not budging. Yes Wings have injuries but the Caps lost most of their roster tonight and still found a way to win. Only players that we could get a decent dman for at this point are Mrazek Howard and Larkin. Larkin needs to stay i would understand a goalie going.

This teams offense under Blashill has been a complete disaster, Enough with the defensive fetish, time to turn the offensive forwards lose. I'd rather be losing 5-4 than 1-0 most nights, there's too much talent up front and we STILL can't score any goals. Time for a change.

8 minutes ago, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

This teams offense under Blashill has been a complete disaster, Enough with the defensive fetish, time to turn the offensive forwards lose. I'd rather be losing 5-4 than 1-0 most nights, there's too much talent up front and we STILL can't score any goals. Time for a change.

The teams offense is not good enough to score 4 or 5 a night. 

Well at least it wasn't a total snooze fest... 

I feel like this team is trolling me right now. Do they even practice? Everything wrong looks so fundamental, like how to handle when you have an odd man rush, or passing the puck above a 5th grade level. Like last year, it seemed at the beginning like we adopted a more aggressive, offensive style. Then a few games into the season and poof, back to that stifling, boring, choppy style.

edit: to add something positive, having Bertuzzi, Mantha, and Sproul in the lineup makes each game worth watching for me. It's really exciting seeing the potential.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero