• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

11/18 GDT : Red Wings @ Capitals

worst thing is this edition is near the cap, so even if a trade presents itself they have to take that into accounting for fixes.

Like I've said many times everyone not named Larkin, Dekeyser, Nyquist/Tatar, Z (deserves to retire as a wing) as does Kronner can go.

Green, Vanek should each net a second time trade deadline and maybe a contender becomes desperate and wings could get a first for someone.

2 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

worst thing is this edition is near the cap, so even if a trade presents itself they have to take that into accounting for fixes.

Like I've said many times everyone not named Larkin, Dekeyser, Nyquist/Tatar, Z (deserves to retire as a wing) as does Kronner can go.

Green, Vanek should each net a second time trade deadline and maybe a contender becomes desperate and wings could get a first for someone.

You would want to trade Mantha, AA & Sproul?

21 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Forgot Mantha but if necessary for defensive help I would do it yes.

Ok, so its not that you want to get rid of them, but if they brought a strong return on the back end you would be willing to.

I would just sit tight on trades if Mantha/AA and co are the only way to make it happen. Getting Fowler isn't going to make us a good team and the more experienced these prospects get the more they'll fetch in a trade. If Nyquist and Tatar weren't discovered as frauds the trade for a new dman would be a no brainer. Sit tight and wait for a good draft pic maybe make a deal at the deadline but don't trade our hyped young guys

14 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

You can't even take a positive as a positive can you?

Not when the goalie we're talking about has a pretty large sample size of being mediocre (at least since 2013). He's going to come crashing down to earth. Go back to your safe space if you can't handle it.

Edited by shocky2002

I must say that the coaching staff missed a trick with this game. Playing against just 3 forward lines for 2 periods we didn't role all 4 of our lines consistently during the middle period to wear their 9 forwards down enough to take advantage. This game was for the taking and once again we fire blanks when our goalie is giving us a chance to win. On a side note I hope when AA is back that he Larkin and Mantha are put together to be our 3rd line. 

We played as well as we could have in this one I think. The outcome was expected, Washington is simply more talented and should win that game.

Our league standing is looking more and more grim by the week. I just hope they win a few in a row, giving us a little sunshine before sinking for good.

5 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

Fowler, Trouba (steal of a contract) and oh there is a guy named Chychrun...

I feel like we could add Shattenkirk and Trouba for free and this team would still be middling. This team needs more than just a defenseman or two, more than just a forward or two. This team needs...many things.

Edited by Dabura

6 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I think every player is tradeable.  Larkin-Athanasiou-Mantha should try to be kept, but if we are offered a 1A defenseman with 5-10 years of prime left (OEL, Ekblad, etc), how do we say no?  

Yes, but without giving up Larkin, AA or Mantha you aren't even going to get a sniff of OEL, Ekblad and the ilk.  Hell, those are all franchise players, we may not even get them WITH the guys you mentioned. We'll be lucky to land 1b type d-men with "potential" like Trouba, Fowler, Hamilton.

35 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I feel like we could add Shattenkirk and Trouba for free and this team would still be middling. This team needs more than just a defenseman or two, more than just a forward or two. This team needs...many things.

I agree, but our O was doing fine when Vanek and AA were healthy...at least better than now.  If we got two of the four D-Men being talked about and our forwards stayed healthy, we'd be fine. BUT Kringewall has to sit, he just isn't NHL caliber anymore.

I mentioned it another time, get one of Trouba/Fowler/Hamilton NOW and then get another one later or Shattenkirk as a UFA. It starts with the D.