• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

11/20 GDT : Calgary Flames 3, at Red Wings 2

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I was gonna say, I could think of quicker methods for Holland to step down.. :lol:

I know this is all frustrating, and all things considered, everything this season on these forums has been surprisingly civil. I'd like to keep it that way, maintain good discussion and less going for the throat. I speak for all the mod staff here when I say I appreciate you guys and gals and how everyone is upholding a dignified standard at this time of not-so-great hockey out of our squad.

Honestly, it feels like there's less than 10 posters here.

I don't think it's because this team sucks so much as the fact that nothing is changing. Nothing pisses a fanbase off more than the feeling that ownership doesn't care anymore.  Fans also don't like a GM that doesn't have accountability.  Holland moving on should bring posters back, hopefully.  This organization is a shark that has stopped moving and the fans have followed suit.   

1 minute ago, RedWingsRox said:

This team is so sh*tty that it is embarrassing, worst in the past 15 years.  Like put away all my Red Wings jerseys and shirts embarrassing.  About 20 games in and scraping the bottom of the barrel.  And of all the years to be sh*tty ... there is no big prize in next year's draft.  

Nolan and Liljegren are pretty good. Not every draft can have a McDavid.

Well I would say Petr better get the next start. I am tired of him being given a week off. Time for Kenny to trade Howard, get what you can for him. Start playing Mraek and all the kids and just go with it. At least you are not just keeping the same old same old, you are trying something different. But boy I think it is really showing that Blashill has absolutely no handle on this team. He needs to go. 

This loss hurt the worst it seems. Boy am I upset with this loss for some reason it's the breaking point! Lose to Calgary at home, 4 straight... outshot again. Been watching them for 32 years and Wednesday will be the first game I will purposely miss, just can't take watching these guys not even trying out there. Just embarrassing how every single night they are so easily beat. What happened to that 7-1 preseason team or 6-2 start!??! 

6 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I don't think it's because this team sucks so much as the fact that nothing is changing. Nothing pisses a fanbase off more than the feeling that ownership doesn't care anymore.  Fans also don't like a GM that doesn't have accountability.  Holland moving on should bring posters back, hopefully.  This organization is a shark that has stopped moving and the fans have followed suit.   

Last few years i always felt like illitch didnt care anymore and just wants tigers to win.

21 minutes ago, BobRouse03 said:

I missed the third period but saw that Howard took a penalty with like a minute and 15 seconds left.  Why did Mantha serve the penalty? This team struggles hardcore to score goals and the one goal scorer you have sits in the box at the end of the game? Am I missing something?

Because Mantha just isn't doing enough, remember? He has to learn the hard way even when the vets are s***ting on the ice.

I wonder if Holland still likes his team? A trade is needed now.

I hope that XO gets the nod over Smith to replace Marchenko. 

1 minute ago, Wingnut1989 said:

Last few years i always felt like illitch didnt care anymore and just wants tigers to win.

Illitch stop caring a while ago, guy is 87. I'm sure it's the children running the team by now. All about the Tigers.

4 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

Well I would say Petr better get the next start. I am tired of him being given a week off. Time for Kenny to trade Howard, get what you can for him. Start playing Mraek and all the kids and just go with it. At least you are not just keeping the same old same old, you are trying something different. But boy I think it is really showing that Blashill has absolutely no handle on this team. He needs to go. 

Respectfully, you've essentially made this post worded slightly differently about 30 times in the last few weeks. Point has been well received and exhausted by now. 

Just now, xault said:

Illitch stop caring a while ago, guy is 87. I'm sure it's the children running the team by now. All about the Tigers.

For us non-local Wings fans, we want to punch a hole through the wall when we hear that.  I could give two craps about the Tigers.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

...and the highest payroll in the league. Chew on that and let it sink in.

This payroll should be near the bottom of the league.  That alone is enough reason to fire Holland.  

10 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I have no problem with this site but I've notice this as well to the point I don't care to come on here anymore. 

This team is trash and there is zero sign of anything changing. If dips*** holland doesn't care why should I? I'm not watching these guys anymore until they do something. Wasting my time. 

2 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

For us non-local Wings fans, we want to punch a hole through the wall when we hear that.  I could give two craps about the Tigers.

This payroll should be near the bottom of the league.  That alone is enough reason to fire Holland.  

It's pretty well know around here, Illitch would trade at least the last 2 cups away for 1 World Series. 

1 minute ago, xault said:

Been Chewing on it since we sign Nielsen six-year, $31.5-million

6 years.. good stuff.

Nielsen is a quality player, not flashy, but doesn't make a lot of mistakes and plays an excellent two way game. He was thrown into this mess and it's barely been a quarter of a season. He's hardly the contract i'm concerned with the most when we have Howard, Ericsson, Helm, etc. 

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Nielsen is a quality player, not flashy, but doesn't make a lot of mistakes and plays an excellent two way game. He was thrown into this mess and it's barely been a quarter of a season. He's hardly the contract i'm concerned with the most when we have Howard, Ericsson, Helm, etc. 

I don't care how quality of a player he is. You don't sign him for 6 years. Same can be said for the rest.

Edited by xault

25 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

It shall be done...At center ice in the Joe...Wonder how much Ilitch will charge the fans to attend?

Who will serve as the sworsdman to cut the head off?  Jimmy D?  Yzerman?  

4 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Photographers recently captured Nielsen in the locker room talking to his agent.

tumblr_mn0tujWCOt1raloeqo1_400.jpg

Edited by GMRwings1983

2 minutes ago, xault said:

I don't care how quality of a player he is. You don't sign him for 6 years. Same can be said for the rest.

But it's the classic knee-jerk reaction, offseason desperation to replace a guy Wings style. Datsyuk was gone, other teams could actually afford to make Nielsen a decent offer and Holland stepped in and put up too much to make sure he came here. He's no Datsyuk though, and no miracle worker. 

14 minutes ago, RedWingsRox said:

This team is so sh*tty that it is embarrassing, worst in the past 15 years.  Like put away all my Red Wings jerseys and shirts embarrassing.  About 20 games in and scraping the bottom of the barrel.  And of all the years to be sh*tty ... there is no big prize in next year's draft.  

Haven't you heard? There's this Swedish defense kid that'll resurrect our entire franchise because....lidstrom. Holland will waste a lottery pick, it'll be an atrocity to let him draft with it.

Speaking of Holland, what a shame, all the winning and champions and hall of famers to grace that hallowed builing, he's going to allow the last year of The Joe end with this absolute debacle. All the history and it'll shut it's lights off as a loser. A horrific loser. 

17 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Respectfully, you've essentially made this post worded slightly differently about 30 times in the last few weeks. Point has been well received and exhausted by now. 

Its not just my desire to have petr play. As a whole this organization needs to just go with the young guns and go with it. 

16 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

It would be if we weren't wasting nearly $15M on E, Kronwall and Nyquist. We'd save even more if Z would call it quits, but he still has some worth...not $7M cap hit worth, but more than the other 3. Not to beat dead horses, but Abby and Helm are grossly overpaid as well.