• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

and Las Vegas hockey team is...

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, kliq said:

Number 32 is coming.

Of the three names being batted around, I was hoping for Desert Knight, but whatever I don't care that much. Its not worse then "wild" or "blue jackets".

But at least Blue Jackets have some actual historical significance. Golden Knights sounds like an ECHL/College team at best 

13 minutes ago, kylee said:

But at least Blue Jackets have some actual historical significance. Golden Knights sounds like an ECHL/College team at best 

That is true, but I still dont like it. They are all bad lol.

12 hours ago, kliq said:

That is true, but I still dont like it. They are all bad lol.

Golden Knights reminds me of the failed, consistently struggling, California Golden Seals franchise. At least Gary Simmons had a cool, iconic mask though:

simmons.jpg16180b09696971496708b2c0d107a2ec.jpg

lame.

but mrazek and tatar will fit just right. i'd ecstatic if they take nyquist  erricson with them too... then they can run another round of that hilarious ad: "check... sweed!!!"

40 minutes ago, BottleOfSmoke said:

Not wild about the name (or the team's existence, tbh) but the logo's sharp. 

Pretty much. Wonder how long it'll take them to make the playoffs? Florida made the finals pretty quick after their inception. Starting with San Jose in 1991, there's been 7 new franchises added..two have won a cup so far (Tampa in '04, Anaheim in '07), and 5 have made the finals (Florida in '96, Anaheim in '03 and '07, Tampa in '04 and '15, Ottawa in '07, San Jose in '16). 

Edited by chaps80

Apparently the Army has an issue with them using "Golden Knights"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/army-reviewing-vegas-golden-knights-name-233841897.html

According to a report by the Fayetteville Observer, the Vegas Golden Knights name “has caught the attention of the United States military because a parachute team goes by the same name.”

Alison Bettencourt, a spokeswoman for the Army Marketing and Research Group in Arlington, Virginia was quoted in the story as saying, “We’re reviewing the situation and figuring out what the way ahead would be.”

The Golden Knights are based in Fort Bragg and have used this name since the 1960s.

Edited by roboturner

Too early to tell who Vegas will take from any team. We still have an expansion-prep trade deadline, plus all the backroom deals McPhee will make to not take certain exposed players.

Anyways, anyone think the golden knights look like a Kings knockoff?

Similar shield logo: check
Similar black base color: check
Similar feudal team name: check 

On 29/11/2016 at 4:36 PM, roboturner said:

Apparently the Army has an issue with them using "Golden Knights"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/army-reviewing-vegas-golden-knights-name-233841897.html

That's some dumb s***. Many teams/groups/organizations/clubs have taken names from all kinds of things military related. Are they gonna go after all the others as well?

24 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

That's some dumb s***. Many teams/groups/organizations/clubs have taken names from all kinds of things military related. Are they gonna go after all the others as well?

That was my thought as well. Rangers, Blue Jackets, ect...

On 4/12/2016 at 0:54 AM, F.Michael said:

Never realized that the name chosen would bring about controversy ...Since 'Knights' is questionable...How about the Las Vegas 'Golden Shower'?

I still say Las Vegas Gold Diggers was a better choice, that or the crapshooters