• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/23 GDT: Red Wings 2, at Buffalo Sabres 1 (SO)

Well, I finally was able to watch this game! Been so busy all week, I haven't had a chance to watch in a while. Luckily, I think the last game I watched was a win, so... 

Who would have thought at the beginning of the year that the Wings would be 3-0 in shootouts? And that Howard would be 2-0 in shootouts?

Just now, chaps80 said:

I had a feeling Vanek would be huge this season. Howard, not so much.

I am glad Jimmy has rounded back into form.  He has simply been outstanding, when the entire rest of the team has been terrible.  We cannot win without Vanek, that's a fact.

Just now, chaps80 said:

Reminds me of a Hossa shootout goal. Nice to have a player of that calibre again.

Guy has some sweet skills.  It's the health and motivation that I hope he can keep up. 

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

I am glad Jimmy has rounded back into form.  He has simply been outstanding, when the entire rest of the team has been terrible.  We cannot win without Vanek, that's a fact.

I love Vanek, it's the same reason some time ago I loved Tatar and Gus.  Vanek isn't vanilla. He tries stuff.  Tries to be creative and I'm not talking in a cocky way.  Tats and Gus used to be like that but they are so complacent now. 

1 minute ago, puckbags said:

Guy has some sweet skills.  It's the health and motivation that I hope he can keep up. 

Same. I think he's motivated though. He's on a cheap one year deal and wants to prove himself after MIN bought him out. If/when he is resigned, that's when i'd worry a bit. He seems to slack off some after big paydays.

5 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

Yes, if Jimmy can keep it up he may fetch something good in a trade, instead of being unable to dump on anyone for nothing or grabbed by Vegas.

I have identified the team cancers that are really holding the wings back: Tatar, Sheahan, Dekeseyer

How does Dekeseyer lead the team in minutes night after night when he has been a train wreck? No accountability for certain players. Green is carrying him or else he'd play the entire game in his own zone

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Didn't watch the game, but I'm glad they got two points from somebody.  And I saw the Vanek goal.  Was pretty slick.  Glendenning should replicate it on his next breakaway.  

You didn't miss anything, except for some sweet passing on the Nyquist goal. And, yeah, that Vanek shootout goal was awesome.

Overall, though, these Detroit Red Wings are playing like hot garbage. More and more, I find that watching this team is making me want to punch myself in the face for watching this team.

But I'll keep coming back. Because I'm an addict a diehard fan.

In conclusion,

1dlymw.jpg

Wings looked bad, but Howard looked great. Hopefully that Larkin line stays together, I thought they looked good all game. It's also pretty exciting to see Mantha get comfortable, he really looks like he has all the tools. 

That non goalie interference call was awful, like embarrassingly so. If you can just jab a stick into the goalie pads, I can be a net front presence too.

Stop this bickering. We are back! Playoffs against Tampa in the first round next. Revenge time for all that they have taken from us. 

It's all fantasy but a win is a win, I'll take it in any shape, form or size. Won't be to many this season. 

9 hours ago, joesuffP said:

I just hope Jurco comes back and takes an established guy out of the lineup like Tatar or Sheahan to shake things up

Tatar had a goal the previous game.  Now Sheahan?  Jurco will do nothing for this team.  Sheahan may be just a little bit better than Jurco.  Other than that you won't see a difference at all.

For whatever reason I don't think it's a coincidence that with all the line juggling the one constant is whichever line Tatar and Sheahan are on is complete trash. Both have yet to play a good game this season

Also super dissappointed in Dekeseyer. Green is far and away our best defensmen

Was nice to see Larkin have a nice game. Don't think he registered a point but he seemed to be energized after that Nyquist goal. He needs to stay with Vanek. One thing this team lacks is hockey IQ or just offensive instincts

Edited by joesuffP

43 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

For whatever reason I don't think it's a coincidence that with all the line juggling the one constant is whichever line Tatar and Sheahan are on is complete trash. Both have yet to play a good game this season

Was nice to see Larkin have a nice game. Don't think he registered a point but he seemed to be energized after that Nyquist goal. He needs to stay with Vanek. One thing this team lacks is hockey IQ or just offensive instincts

Tatar is injured and should not be playing. Sheahan is miscast and should be permanently on the 4th line. DD is also miscast and should be playing on the 2nd pairing, but since we dont have a top D-man, we have no choice.

You can't blame our loses on these 3.

55 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Though I think Green's been very good and I'm not arguing against him being the best so far this year, but he was pretty horrible in overtime this game. Buffalo had a pair of good opportunities where Green was literally standing beside the play at the net doing nothing.

I like Larkin on that line too. Him transferring back to being successful at center will be really important for us.

16 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Yup. This is what I expected when watching two bad teams play each other. The longer this season goes, the more confident I am in the team having a decent chance in the draft lottery. Would be nice to win something again. Even if it is a high drag pick.

rupaul.jpg

Edited by FireCaptain