• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

11/25 GDT : Red Wings @ Devils : 7:30 PM ET

Do I recall correctly that the Wings let Jim Bedard go elsewhere this season and brought up someone from GR as goalie coach?  I think that might have been a mistake...

Bedard needed to go. They just need to stop using GR coaches as heir apparents and actually interview people.

There really needs to be a deterrent to these challenges.  If you lose the challenges it should be a delay of game penalty.  Why is it delay of game if you ask a ref to measure an illegal stick, but not for delaying the game for these reviews.  There's no consequence, particularly late in games, to challenge other than losing a timeout or the potential to challenge later.  

1 minute ago, BobRouse03 said:

There really needs to be a deterrent to these challenges.  If you lose the challenges it should be a delay of game penalty.  Why is it delay of game if you ask a ref to measure an illegal stick, but not for delaying the game for these reviews.  There's no consequence, particularly late in games, to challenge other than losing a timeout or the potential to challenge later.  

You're right... and crafty coaches like Hitchcock will use it to derail the other team, without actual consequence.  I totally agree on DOL for a failed challenge.

Just now, e_prime said:

When was the last time anyone had a ref measure an illegal stick?  Back when BobRouse was actually playing?

2002 Stanley Cup playoff game vs. Colorado.  Measure this, Hartley.  :lol: - Dominik Hasek

3 minutes ago, BobRouse03 said:

I agree with this honestly. In the NFL you lose a challenge you lose a timeout. There should be the risk of penalty when submitting a challenge. 

For me, the challenge system really hurt the pace and intensity of the NHL playoffs last year and it was mildly upsetting. 

2 minutes ago, e_prime said:

When was the last time anyone had a ref measure an illegal stick?  Back when BobRouse was actually playing?

Perhaps because of the deterant of receiving a penalty! No, you don't see that anymore, but it does not mean it's no longer a delay of game. The point is there should be a more tangible consequence for losing a challenge than the current system.  And Bob Rouse always played within the rules of the game.  No illegal sticks necessary for Number 3.  

3 minutes ago, MotorCityMadness said:

Well the Avs tried it on Hasek in the 2002 WCF, but lost...that might be the last one I remember

It was a beauty, though.  I can't stand weasel-lips Hartley, and rumour had it that Hasek punked him on that challenge.  I have always hoped it was true.