• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Svechnikov's brother

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nyquist, Tatar, Svech, and Mantha too much for you... ?

Who said he played a skill game anyway? Maybe he's a power forward? I doubt you've ever watched him play.

By the sounds of it, neither have you. 

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Exactly what this team needs... another left-handed skilled winger...

Well he's a big boy. 6' 2 and only 16 years old. He'll probably grow another couple inches. If he's good I'd try to draft him. Big skilled wingers are hard time come by for us

Nope, can't say I have seen many 2018 draft eligible players yet... I suppose I'm in the minority there...

I find it pretty funny that people have been clamoring for this kid for over a year now, just because we have Evgeni in our system... There has seriously been more talk about this Andrei Svechnikov kid than Nolan Patrick...

53 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

By the sounds of it, neither have you. 

Nope.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Nope, can't say I have seen many 2018 draft eligible players yet... I suppose I'm in the minority there...

I find it pretty funny that people have been clamoring for this kid for over a year now, just because we have Evgeni in our system... There has seriously been more talk about this Andrei Svechnikov kid than Nolan Patrick...

You don't think it would be cool to have both bros on our team? I doubt anyone thinks he's as good or better than Nolan Patrick... but we don't exactly have a good chance at snagging Patrick. Baby Svech can probably be had in rounds 2-7. He sounds like a good pickup to me.

Sure, it would be "cool" to have the brothers on our team, but I wouldn't draft a player for that reason... Our strongest position for the past few years and for the upcoming few years was / will be forwards, in particular wingers. We should be looking to beef up the back end and to a lesser extent center, not drafting more wingers just because of bloodlines...

We have just as good a chance at drafting Patrick as we do Svechnikov... So not only have you not seen the kid play, you also know very little about him. He won't be available in the 2nd round, let alone "rounds 2-7"... He is likely to go top 5, possibly as early as 1 or 2 overall...

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sure, it would be "cool" to have the brothers on our team, but I wouldn't draft a player for that reason... Our strongest position for the past few years and for the upcoming few years was / will be forwards, in particular wingers. We should be looking to beef up the back end and to a lesser extent center, not drafting more wingers just because of bloodlines...

We have just as good a chance at drafting Patrick as we do Svechnikov... So not only have you not seen the kid play, you also know very little about him. He won't be available in the 2nd round, let alone "rounds 2-7"... He is likely to go top 5, possibly as early as 1 or 2 overall...

Christ I never claimed to have watched the kid play. I simply pointed out that you most likely have no idea what kinda style he plays. You people are sharks, settle down.

I had no idea he was projected to go so high. Lets be real though, Patrick is going #1 not Svech, therefore we have a better chance of selecting him.

Guys who have/can play play center on this team: Zetterberg, Larkin, Nielsen, Helm, Glendening, Athanasiou, Sheahan, Ott.
In the system: Pearson, Turgeon, Ehn, Vahatalo, Holmstrom, Melen, Kadeykin, Nosek

Tell me again about our lack of center deph

You said "I doubt you've ever watched him play". I haven't. Where did I claim to have watched him play? I didn't. But I do know what kind of player he is from scouting reports... Skilled winger.

He is projected to go that high, and both Patrick and Svechnikov "could" go number one... since they're not in the same draft class...

Where did I say anything about center depth? I said we should be looking to beef up, as in adding quality over quantity, a few high end players not a dozen mediocre players...

Zetterberg will be gone long before anyone from the 2018 draft ever plays a game for the Red Wings. Nielsen is a number 2 now, who knows what he'll be at the end of that contract. Larkin and Athanasiou (if both even end up as centers) have a ton of upside, but nothing close to what a Nolan Patrick has. Helm, Sheahan, Glendening, Ott, Turgeon, Nosek, etc. are all bottom 6 guys at best. Some won't be here in 3-5 years, others won't ever make it...

I guess since you didn't bother bringing up the defense, you're well aware how weak we are in that position...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Probably because realistically speaking, we aren't getting Nolan Patrick and people assume Svech's lil brother playing in Michigan might be an indication of him wanting to get drafted here. 

Edited by kickazz

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You said "I doubt you've ever watched him play". I haven't. Where did I claim to have watched him play? I didn't. But I do know what kind of player he is from scouting reports... Skilled winger.

He is projected to go that high, and both Patrick and Svechnikov "could" go number one... since they're not in the same draft class...

Where did I say anything about center depth? I said we should be looking to beef up, as in adding quality over quantity, a few high end players not a dozen mediocre players...

Zetterberg will be gone long before anyone from the 2018 draft ever plays a game for the Red Wings. Nielsen is a number 2 now, who knows what he'll be at the end of that contract. Larkin and Athanasiou (if both even end up as centers) have a ton of upside, but nothing close to what a Nolan Patrick has. Helm, Sheahan, Glendening, Ott, Turgeon, Nosek, etc. are all bottom 6 guys at best. Some won't be here in 3-5 years, others won't ever make it...

I guess since you didn't bother bringing up the defense, you're well aware how weak we are in that position...

Do you have a scouting report on Lil Svech you'd like to share? I didn't know the 2018 draft was already basically decided. Hardcore.

Ok, so you want another high-end center. Nielsen is our number 2 for the foreseeable future. Larkin or AA will need to develop into our #1. Hopefully they both do and one can slot in as top LW or force Nielsen out. 

7 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Probably because realistically speaking, we aren't getting Nolan Patrick and people assume Svech's lil brother playing in Michigan might be an indication of him wanting to get drafted here. 

Precisely. You choose Muskegon because it's close to your brother and you can be near your family.

Yzerman will probably draft this kid.

9 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Again, realistically we're not getting either. Svechnikov is likely going to be a top pick in the 2018 draft as well. It doesn't matter where a kid plays prior to being drafted, and it definitely doesn't matter where he wants to be drafted... I'm sure if he's still on the board when the Wings pick in two years time, they'll look long and hard at drafting him...

That's because no one really talks about draft eligible players two years in advance, unless your Sidney Crosby or Connor McDavid. I have no idea how high he will go, but from anything I've heard / read, he should be a top 5 pick.

Evgeny hasn't been off to a great start, struggling to adapt to the pro game, like most first year guys coming from junior (the Q in particular) do. He's looked good in most of the games I've seen though, granted I haven't watched the past 4 or 5 Griffins games...

He will be either #1 or #2 in the 2018 draft. There is little doubt about this. He is a much better offensive prospect than Patrick is. Patrick is a much better all around player-read 2 way 200ft player. Andrei is on pace for 40 goals this year. Not bad for his first year in Juniors.

Edited by Richdg
spelling

Yeah, Svechnikov is third in the league in scoring as a 16 year old rookie. The two guys ahead of him are 18 and 19 years old, playing in 3 and 6 games more than Andrei... He leads the entire league with 1.5 points per game. Barring any serious injury over the next year and a half, I can't see him being available outside the top 3-5...

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, Svechnikov is third in the league in scoring as a 16 year old rookie. The two guys ahead of him are 18 and 19 years old, playing in 3 and 6 games more than Andrei... He leads the entire league with 1.5 points per game. Barring any serious injury over the next year and a half, I can't see him being available outside the top 3-5...

The good news is we are heading in a direction that we could be picking in the top 5......

Not true at all DD. Lots of players have played in the USHL and then been drafted. They may not have been playing in the USHL the year they were drafted however. Often the top guys in the USHL go on to either college or a CHL team for a year before they get drafted. It is not a lessor league in any way.