• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

11/29 GDT : Stars 1 @ Red Wings 3

I said back in the pre-season if we turn this team over to the kids, we'd have ourselves something. Mantha, Larkin, Sproul, Ouellet, exciting to watch. Can't wait for AA to get back. Mrazek was great, and Jurco even looked pretty good with Sheahan and Ott. Let's keep it going.

4 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Mrazek 1st star. THIS is the goalie we need out of him if he wants that starting role. Keep it up youngling.

This is the game we get from him when its clear that its his team. This is why i was glad when howard got injured and why i will be glad when he is gone. Mrazek is our guy blashill needs to keep rolling with him.

On another note, wings totally outcoached in that 3rd period. Jurco needs to play on the 2nd line and glendening needs to go back where he belongs.

I find that I like Vanek more each time I see him. Great positioning - does that thing where he sneaks into open spots so that no one's on him.

Then, that last little play - you know he could have scored that, but tossed it off to Ott. Not the selfish player some reported him as when he asked out of Buffalo.

People get mad when players give cliché answers to reporters, but geezus, they ask some stupid questions...some lady just asked Larkin if it gives a team a lift by killing a 5 on 3. She sure gave 110% on that question!

...also, I may not qualify for an 02 badge, but can I get a badge for being one of the very few to actually like the three new signings on July 1? I'm used to being let down, but these three are contributing very nicely!

I did not like Blashill putting Kronwall, Ericsson and Zetterberg out there to start that 4-on-4 late in the third. There were other things I didn't like, but I thought we played pretty well overall and deserved the two points.

On a general note: I want to live in a world where Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Jurco, Sproul and Ouellet are all in the lineup and doing awesome young guns things, like some kind of awesome young guns biker gang. Ouellet would of course be the leader of said hypothetical biker gang, because, seriously, that 'stache.

Edited by Dabura

"Zetterberg to Mantha... SCORES!!!"

I've heard that quite a few times lately. Looks like a good chemistry to me. It seems to go under the radar but many of our young players  have shined as Zs winger. First Filpula, Hudler, Abdelkader eventually Nyquist, then Larkin, now Mantha. That's why I still appreciate having brokeback Zetterberg. Next bring Svetchnikov in, get him trained up as well and Z will have done his last duties to the org.

Edited by kickazz

Well, it's been my (and some others) opinion for a bit that Smith should be the one traded and not XO. When Marchy gets back, he should be the rotator with Kronwall.

When Helm and aa get back, waive Miller and send Bertuzzi back to GR, just a business move, nothing personal. 

8 minutes ago, kickazz said:

"Zetterberg to Mantha... SCORES!!!"

I've heard that quite a few times lately. Looks like a good chemistry to me. Lots of young players shining as Zs winger. First Nyquist, then Larkin, now Mantha. That's why I still appreciate having brokeback Zetterberg. Next bring Svetchnikov in, get him trained up as well and Z will have done his last duties to the org.

Not a good visual...no. 

Wings played decent until the third period. Blashill sends the defensive studs over the boards to protect the lead and they take penalties and give up the best scoring chances of the game. Fortunate to get a win in regulation thanks to Mrazek and some luck 

Edited by joesuffP

45 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

This is the game we get from him when its clear that its his team. This is why i was glad when howard got injured and why i will be glad when he is gone. Mrazek is our guy blashill needs to keep rolling with him.

On another note, wings totally outcoached in that 3rd period. Jurco needs to play on the 2nd line and glendening needs to go back where he belongs.

It wasn't there to start the season when it was announced as his to lose. He lost it. I'm glad he won and had a great game but it's gonna take more than one strong W to convince me. Let's see if he can keep this up for a couple months and not go back into train wreck mode.