• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DickieDunn

Abdelkader out 2-4 weeks

Rate this topic

Looks like we'll be calling up two players (forward / defenseman) today. I thought Miller might be inserted for Abdelkader, but maybe the coaching staff has finally come to realize that both Ott and Miller should not be in the lineup... I'm assuming the defenseman is being called up for Kronwall to get another rest day on Sunday... Who will get the call? I'm assuming Frk after scoring 2 goals and adding an assist in last night's 4-3 shootout loss to Iowa, but it could also be Callahan or possibly even Nosek. On defense I assume (hope) it will be Russo...

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm going with Jensen and Lorito.

But it could be a waiver exempt D man as well....How about Renouf? And maybe Svech!

So those are the 4 I am looking at...who will it be......

I'd be surprised (disappointed) if it were Lorito. Although Frk and Nosek probably don't have a future with the Wings, I'd say they're much more likely than Lorito. While Lorito is a very good player, I think he's a career AHLer, and at 5'9", 170lbs. soaking wet, I'd pass. I don't think Svechnikov is ready for the NHL yet, I'd prefer to hold off on calling him up.

Jensen could be the D that gets that call, though I think Russo would be the far better option. Renouf is another Lashoff in my opinion, and I'd be disappointed with either of those choices...

I'm okay with it being Nosek. He probably plays the closest to an Abdelkader style game. Lashoff is a bit of a disappointment though. I would have liked to see Russo get a shot, but obviously management / coaching don't think he's NHL ready... 

I don't think we need him back. Datsyuk is not doing so hot in the KHL right now unfortunately. Although his team is doing amazing so I'm sure he likes the winning environment. 

Edited by kickazz

12 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I don't think we need him back. Datsyuk is not doing so hot in the KHL right now unfortunately. Although his team is doing amazing so I'm sure he likes the winning environment. 

What is not so hot about Datsyuk? Last time I checked he had 23 points in 24 games. This is your usual point-per-game first line center.

14 hours ago, kickazz said:

For those that are hoping Blash/Holland get fired; long list of injuries for the Red Wings only gives management and coaching reason why we may not end up having a successful season.

Holland won't be gone until Mike Illitch kicks the bucket. Maybe even a few years after that. Blash will get at least one more season from  Holland. Not just because he actually believes Blash is an NHL caliber coach, but because he's lazy and doesn't want to have to look elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

I assume Lashoff getting the call means he's merely a backup plan/insurance policy, i.e. Kronwall is expected to play in both games this weekend.

I hope Kronwall doesn't play anymore games for the Wings. Ever. But unfortunately with Holland, Kronwall has a spot on this team as long as he wants one, being he's one of 5 or so left from 2008. Cause loyalty.

And wasn't Lashoff up with the Wings full time a few years ago? Or am I thinking of someone else...

1 hour ago, RusDRW said:

What is not so hot about Datsyuk? Last time I checked he had 23 points in 24 games. This is your usual point-per-game first line center.

He's not PPG. He's around 21 points in 24 games. On his team he's on the lower end among the top 6. Kovalchuk has like 51 points in 37 games. And the KHL is a much inferior league to the NHL with a weaker competition. The top players are usually far above 1 PPG in that league. 

21 points in 24 KHL games would translate to a worse PPG in NHL level. 

Anyways, none of that matters, he's 38 years old and that's okay. My original point was having him would not make a difference at this point. It would just be $7.5 million dollar cap for another old guy that is slow and one of the most injury prone players. We already have a slow older player and we already have a roster full of injured players. 

Edited by kickazz