• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

12/3 GDT - Red Wings @ Penguins - 7:00 PM EST

3 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

Again coaching. Why was our number 1 goalie not playing in this game? Just terrible coaching. The starter should always start the 1st game of a back to back.

Well Coreau got a win against their minor leaguers in the preseason. In Blashills mine that means he has a real gud record against Pittsburgh... 

5 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

Again coaching. Why was our number 1 goalie not playing in this game? Just terrible coaching. The starter should always start the 1st game of a back to back.

I doubt they expected to be able to win this game with Mrazek in either. Much better chance to win with him against the Islanders. Also remember that Mrazeks confidence seems to have been shakey this year. Hes just now kinda building it back. The Pens are a team that can really set you back.

Edited by GoalieManPat

4 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Think you meant Larkin. Vanek made the awesome pass.

Pretty sure you're right.  I'm gonna claim my judgement was affected by the fact that this game has made my physically ill.

I'm so sick of that stupid effing look that Blashill has on his face half the time that reminds me of Tortorella.  Like he can't figure out what just happened. 

1 minute ago, puckbags said:

I'm so sick of that stupid effing look that Blashill has on his face half the time that reminds me of Tortorella.  Like he can't figure out what just happened. 

Haha your right about that. Atleast Torts gives some entertaining sound bites

2 minutes ago, puckbags said:

The difference in looks between Torts and blashill is Torts understands what happened. He just can't believe how f*cking stupid his player is. I would love to watch his expression after Ericssons first shift lol.

27 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

I doubt they expected to be able to win this game with Mrazek in either.

Per my friend's own calculations (he's an analytics-reliant gambler), this is true. Mrazek vs Howard in this game isn't much of a difference because the Pens are so favored to win (68%+ either way). Against the Islanders, Mrazek gives the Wings a 2% edge over Howard (44% vs 42%)

Edited by shocky2002

I'm fine with Coreau playing tonight. This is a game they went into heavily favored to lose regardless, Mrazek came off two solid starts after a few abysmal appearances, why toss him in against the offensive powerhouse Pens and risk him giving up 4-5 and knocking him down a notch? 

The Isles game tomorrow is less tilted, for both Mrazek and his confidence, and as a game overall that can be won. Mrazek gives us the better chance to win than Coreau in a more winnable game. Just my opinion though.