• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

12/4 GDT - Red Wings 4 at Islanders 3 (OT)

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

should be a 4-3 win... instead it's going to OT

Yep. Horrible call. He was backed against Halak's glove. That's not even close to as bad as some of the debacles in the crease where the goalie was run and there was a big pile up that counted and weren't even contested. Sickening.

9 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

So, since we already really won in regulation, and then again in OT, do we get four points?

what four points? wings should be grateful they didn't disallow Z's goal.

Edited by ami

13 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Yep. Horrible call. He was backed against Halak's glove. That's not even close to as bad as some of the debacles in the crease where the goalie was run and there was a big pile up that counted and weren't even contested. Sickening.

While I agree with you the call was disgustingly weak, Glendening has to do more to get his ass out of the crease or atelast not be so damn deep into it. He posted up halfway to the goal line and didnt make any real attempt to get out. Atleast fake it like the dman is keeping you from getting out in the event there is contact with the goalie.  

2 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

While I agree with you the call was disgustingly weak, Glendening has to do more to get his ass out of the crease or atelast not be so damn deep into it. He posted up halfway to the goal line and didnt make any real attempt to get out. Atleast fake it like the dman is keeping you from getting out in the event there is contact with the goalie.  

Yeah he was in the crease for awhile. Clear interference, but with the stuff we see allowed nowadays it sucks to see that called.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Yep, but Babcock's time was done in DET. Team needed a change behind the bench, and TOR gave him a $50 million contract. No coach would pass that up. Then Holland chose Blash because he was  GREAT AHL coach and knew some of the players. It's clearly not working out though.

I think this narrative of "his message was no longer resonating, team needed a change anyway" is strange. The organization tried to retain him and lost. He broke up with us, not the other way around. I think he saw our roster going down hill quick, and an oppurtunity to jump on an up and coming team in a city that could make him legendary. And im sure the money helped that decision knowing he would have to endure a few years of losing in Toronto.

47 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think this narrative of "his message was no longer resonating, team needed a change anyway" is strange. The organization tried to retain him and lost. He broke up with us, not the other way around. I think he saw our roster going down hill quick, and an oppurtunity to jump on an up and coming team in a city that could make him legendary. And im sure the money helped that decision knowing he would have to endure a few years of losing in Toronto.

Not to mention that if there was a concern that a message was going stale on the players, it might have been a good idea to not hire the same guy who had been preaching his message to half our team during their time in the AHL.