• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

AA

Rate this topic

TheAxe/Bill Berzeench likes young players. He thought Cory Emmerton aka Emdog was the next best center back then, thought AA was going to be a top center last year and now thinks Svech can be top 6. 

Edited by kickazz

49 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Svech cant score with top 6 mins in the AHL so we should promote to top 6 mins in the NHL.

Rightttttt.

cuz mad dog mike mckee isn't on the griffins roster to keep the flies off.  i say give em both a wings roster spot, put em on a line with jurco and watch em all destroy the rest of the league with mrazek reclaiming his rightful spot as number 1 goalie

14 hours ago, kickazz said:

TheAxe/Bill Berzeench likes young players. He thought Cory Emmerton aka Emdog was the next best center back then, thought AA was going to be a top center last year and now thinks Svech can be top 6. 

Sounds like Emdog got himself an LGW account

14 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ok.  We can just stick with the current plan.  It's really working well, right?

Like I said earlier in this thread there's about 4 guys ahead of Svech at the moment. And in that I mean they're clearly more ready for the NHL than he. But hey if you wanna screw up Svech like we did Jurco, by all means. Just cause Sheahan sucks doesn't mean Svech is ready.

13 hours ago, Echolalia said:

cuz mad dog mike mckee isn't on the griffins roster to keep the flies off.  i say give em both a wings roster spot, put em on a line with jurco and watch em all destroy the rest of the league with mrazek reclaiming his rightful spot as number 1 goalie

Now were talking. Except Mraz will never be better than Howard.

49 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

NHL ready according to who?  You?  From your eyeball test?  According to Holland?  The GM who has crippled this team since Scotty Bowman left.  I don't buy into Holland's garbage lingo.  Overripening, kicking tires, etc.  Those all translate to me as someone who has no idea what he's supposed to be doing and makes up slogans to cover his lack of action.  The Red Wings canNOT score.  Simple as that.  So get as many offensive threats in the lineup as possible.

Vanek-Larkin-Mantha

Svechnikov-Athanasiou-Zetterberg

Nyquist-Nielsen-Jurco

Glendening-Helm-Andelkader

Best case - young and fast ends up scoring more than they give up.

Worst case - we end up with the same record we have now but with a lot more exciting hockey and with the our young guys getting the NHL experience.

On the whole of the internet, there are neither enough faces nor enough palms to adequately respond to this post.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

NHL ready according to who?  You?  From your eyeball test?  According to Holland?  The GM who has crippled this team since Scotty Bowman left.  I don't buy into Holland's garbage lingo.  Overripening, kicking tires, etc.  Those all translate to me as someone who has no idea what he's supposed to be doing and makes up slogans to cover his lack of action.  The Red Wings canNOT score.  Simple as that.  So get as many offensive threats in the lineup as possible.

Vanek-Larkin-Mantha

Nyquist-Nielsen-Jurco

Worst case - we end up with the same record we have now but with a lot more exciting hockey and with the our young guys getting the NHL experience.

I'm a pretty solid offensive threat in my beer league pencil me in for the third line, move Jurco up to the top line, trade away Vanek for a 1st round pick and plan the stanley cup parade.  Oh and Mad Dog McKee has to be in to protect my offensive skills.

Just now, Echolalia said:

I'm a pretty solid offensive threat in my beer league pencil me in for the third line, move Jurco up to the top line, trade away Vanek for a 1st round pick and plan the stanley cup parade.  Oh and Mad Dog McKee has to be in to protect my offensive skills.

While we are at it, I guess I could play on the second or third defense pairing, being a defenseman for some time (div 1 now, not 2). Wouldn't mind lifting that Cup!

;-)

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Vanek-Larkin-Mantha

Nyquist-Nielsen-Jurco

Quality :clap:

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Try responding with an argument that proves me wrong then?   Faces and Face palms aren't going to magically make the Red Wings a playoff team.  If you have a better idea than trying something else instead of the same thing that isn't working, let us know!

You are suggesting that we can fix our offense by replacing a struggling NHL scorer with a struggling AHL scorer. 

If you genuinely need an argument to prove that wrong, I suspect there's no argument you would accept.

6 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

How is Svechnikov struggling?  Did you read that article?

Are you talking about the article I posted? It talks about how his defensive game is bad and he's taking a ton of dumb penalties, oh and not scoring to boot lol. And this is in the AHL.

Quality s*** posting sir

24 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Did you guys read ALL of the article?  Or do you ignore the parts about him developing faster than Mantha?  

And why would anyone at this point care about a goal scorer playing defense.  You care about that when cutging GA matters - when you can contend for the playoffs.  We can't score.  But we continually play guys who we know aren't going to score.  That's insane.

Mantha struggled big time in his first AHL year (compounded by breaking his leg), then continued his struggles in the second before finally putting it together in the AHL at the beginning of this year. Saying someone is getting used to the league faster than that is not much of a compliment.

If I were to summarize that article for you, I would say: Svech struggled a lot at the beginning of the year, but things have looked better since he's working on some shortcomings in his game although the results have not translated in production as they will need to for the young scorer continuing to develop.

35 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Did you guys read ALL of the article?  Or do you ignore the parts about him developing faster than Mantha?  

And why would anyone at this point care about a goal scorer playing defense.  You care about that when cutging GA matters - when you can contend for the playoffs.  We can't score.  But we continually play guys who we know aren't going to score.  That's insane.

No