• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

12/9 GDT - Blue Jackets at Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

8 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Will he though? Two years ago I would have agreed with you but he really hasnt improved his glove since hitting the NHL. Hopefully he does.

Have you ever seen Price early in his career? he was eaten alive for a long time high glove. He got better. So will Mrazek. these things take time. 

11 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Why do people always bring up Carey Price in comparison to Mrazek? Price was a cant miss prospect who you expected to figure everything out. Mrazek was a mid round guy who had a great last year of junior and good two years in the AHL. 

The logic is that if it even took Price, a can't miss prospect and now elite goaltender, a number of years to develop once in the NHL, then maybe we should give Mrazek some leeway in these early years.

Maybe he won't get there, but there's really very few goalies - if any - that don't have some struggles early in their time in the league. That's the argument and I think it should be kept in mind.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Mrazek gets pulled the first game Howard is back on the bench after a streak of great games while he was injured. I wonder if Howard's presence has something to do with the bad outing? While Howard was gone and the starting spot was all his he was fine. There's no excuse for him to be rattled like that, and it's not Howard's fault, but that stuff can happen.

14 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

The logic is that if it even took Price, a can't miss prospect and now elite goaltender, a number of years to develop once in the NHL, then maybe we should give Mrazek some leeway in these early years.

Yep. I remember how pissed Habs fans were when they traded Halak and kept Price and he struggled for a few years. There's A LOT of them around here so I heard a lot about it. Now if you ask them about that, they're tune has obv changed tenfold. Halak barely holds on to the starting role with NYI while Price is arguably the best in the world.

21 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Maybe he won't get there, but there's really very few goalies - if any - that don't have some struggles early in their time in the league. That's the argument and I think it should be kept in mind.

Agreed. I dont think anyone has every said anything about Mrazek being at Price's level. When the best of the best struggle in their first few years, I dont understand how some dont get that its normal.

33 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Jesus Christ I want to punch Jeff Blashill every time I see his lineups.  Just got back from a long work trip and turned the game on, don't even know why I bothered.

Ironically an old friend was asking about you just recently 

Edited by kickazz

Never seen a goalie getting so much undeserved excuses it's ridiculous, everybody could see the talent in Price it was only a matter of time till he would break out.

Mrazek either is able to play consistently at a starting goaltenders level or he isn't. If he isn't Wings will have to look for someone else if they expose Howard next year, simple as that.

Man this team can't even beat the Blue Jackets...

1 minute ago, frankgrimes said:

Never seen a goalie getting so much undeserved excuses it's ridiculous, everybody could see the talent in Price it was only a matter of time till he would break out.

Mrazek either is able to play consistently at a starting goaltenders level or he isn't. If he isn't Wings will have to look for someone else if they expose Howard next year, simple as that.

Man this team can't even beat the Blue Jackets...

Dude, chill out. lol.  Mrazek will be fine.