• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

12/9 GDT - Blue Jackets at Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Just now, kickazz said:

I think a lot of us are around but we just don't have anything to say during the game because the losses are becoming routine. 

This isn't untrue to be honest. I've been here all game, just not a whole lot to talk about during games like this.

Dude, chill out. lol.  Mrazek will be fine.  

Based on what? Hype and ricidulous excuses? Remember when guys like Hammond, Reimer and Lehner were the next Vezina candidates? Then the ithwr teams started to figure them out and all of a sudden they came back to earth because they couldn't find that other gear again, maybe it's the same with Mrazek who knows.

10 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Never seen a goalie getting so much undeserved excuses it's ridiculous, everybody could see the talent in Price it was only a matter of time till he would break out.

Mrazek either is able to play consistently at a starting goaltenders level or he isn't. If he isn't Wings will have to look for someone else if they expose Howard next year, simple as that.

Man this team can't even beat the Blue Jackets...

Columbus is top 5 in the standings and all the teams above them have an extra 2 or 3 games played already.

15 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Never seen a goalie getting so much undeserved excuses it's ridiculous, everybody could see the talent in Price it was only a matter of time till he would break out.

Mrazek either is able to play consistently at a starting goaltenders level or he isn't. If he isn't Wings will have to look for someone else if they expose Howard next year, simple as that.

.... You do realize that the Blue Jackets are one of the best teams in the league right now? (Third best actually). Have you ... been watching hockey lately :eh:

Edited by kickazz

8 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I think a lot of us are around but we just don't have anything to say during the game because the losses are becoming routine. 

That and I figure alot of the posters here were just bandwagon for the most part. Grew up as kids watching from the mid-90's or 00's when the team was always winning alot of regular season and playoff games and four Cups and made six trips to the Finals. Even if they didn't always make it past the first or second round in the playoffs, always knew they'd be in Cup contention again the next season, so it was something to look forward too. Now that there's nothing to look forward too for a few years, they've scattered as fast as a flock of birds after a gunshot.

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

That and I figure alot of the posters here were just bandwagon for the most part. Grew up as kids watching from the mid-90's or 00's when the team was always winning alot of regular season and playoff games and four Cups and made six trips to the Finals. Even if they didn't always make it past the first or second round in the playoffs, always knew they'd be in Cup contention again the next season, so it was something to look forward too. Now that there's nothing to look forward too for a few years, they've scattered as fast as a flock of birds after a gunshot.

i still love them even if they finish dead last for 15 years

So what's the recap on this one?

Pertaining to the low gdt activity, it mainly comes down to the entertainment the Wings providing being subpar to other opportunities out there.  It's a Friday night.     I figured I'd have more fun tonight going to the movies with some friends, and based on the boxscore I made the right choice.  Ten years ago it would have been a more difficult decision because the quality on ice was way more entertaining.  Maybe that makes me a bandwagon fan, but I'd rather be labeled a bandwagoner and get the most out of my limited free time.

28 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Price was a sieve early on. The guy got eaten alive when the pressure was on, and the book was out on him. Took him a number of years to figure it out and learn how to win at this level, but now he is the best in the world. No good player comes into this league playing at their highest level right off the bat. No matter how good they start off, they always gradually get better. Even the best in the world. Also, WHEN they expose Howard. Not if. When. 

If you haven't noticed, the Blue Jackets are actually a pretty decent team. 

22 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Based on what? Hype and ricidulous excuses? Remember when guys like Hammond, Reimer and Lehner were the next Vezina candidates? Then the ithwr teams started to figure them out and all of a sudden they came back to earth because they couldn't find that other gear again, maybe it's the same with Mrazek who knows.

Nobody is guaranteeing anything about Mrazek. He has a high ceiling and we will be lucky if he gets anywhere close to it. In the end, Howard will never be the guy to take this team to the next level. He has his hot streaks, then he falls apart. People don't make excuses for him because that is what he is now, what he has always been, and what he always will be. 

Considering this team is a few years away from even sniffing contending status, there is plenty of time to find out if Mrazek will hit that elite level.   

33 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

You have'nt been watching the past 5 games I guess. 3-0-2 and .930 sv%. 8 out of 10 possible points.

Bad night tonight, but it happens.

And Hammond had a good end to one season. Other than that, not much. I don't recall Reimer or Lehner ever being hyped.

Edited by chaps80

25 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Ehh maybe. I think they're all still true fans but when your team is no longer entertaining, people might feel their 3 hours can be better off spent doing something than being depressed. Maybe come back and watch highlights and recap the game but not sit through it for hours. 

It's very hard to be a bandwagoner when it comes to Detroit sports imo. Most fans are legit fans or their parents or grandparents were fans that taught them the ways, the history is just too deep. Just look at the Lions lol. Team has sucked for 40 years and still has one of the largest following. 

Edited by kickazz

19 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

This team just isn't going anywhere with Blashill coaching and Holland calling the shots. They better be in communication with Spuddy before he gets another job. 

Not going anywhere when a 36 year old at half his previous speed is leading the team in points either. 

Edited by kickazz

12 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

So what's the recap on this one?

Pertaining to the low gdt activity, it mainly comes down to the entertainment the Wings providing being subpar to other opportunities out there.  It's a Friday night.     I figured I'd have more fun tonight going to the movies with some friends, and based on the boxscore I made the right choice.  Ten years ago it would have been a more difficult decision because the quality on ice was way more entertaining.  Maybe that makes me a bandwagon fan, but I'd rather be labeled a bandwagoner and get the most out of my limited free time.

It's not just Friday's. Of course people have other stuff to do on weekends. It's every night, every game. No interest here anymore from most it seems.

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

It's not just Friday's. Of course people have other stuff to do on weekends. It's every night, every game. No interest here anymore from most it seems.

Watching the games this season is depressing enough. I guess people don't wanna double up on being bummed out by reading these forums during the games as well :lol:

9 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Ehh maybe. I think they're all still fans but when your team is no longer entertaining, people might feel their 3 hours can be better off spent doing something than being depressed. 

True. I still enjoy watching though. And if this team makes you depressed, then you must have been depressed for awhile now. This is the Wings unavoidable down period in the cap era. The Kings won the cup one year, then missed the playoffs the next. That's the nature of the league now. I remember when the cap was first introduced everyone was saying the Wings were gonna be at the bottom of the league in a couple years because Holland didn't have an open vault to lure free agents anymore. Three seasons after that they won a cup and nearly another the next season. Then the decline slowly crept in, but it took quite awhile to reach this point. We Wings fans are pretty lucky.

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

My point still stands.  The product the Wings put on the ice is inferior to many other options we can find, Friday or not.  There's only so much free time in a week, I can appreciate that more people would rather sit down and have dinner with their family or watch a movie or something than watch Larkin play on the 4th line and Lashoff s*** the bed and Mrazek get pulled in yet another loss.  At some point the Wings have to earn our time and money and this year they've been failing in that regard.  People have better things to do than watch the same disappointing product over and over.

Oh I agree the product sucks right now, but Gary and the owners wanted this. It's the price you pay for "parity" in the league I guess. But if people stuck through for the Cup draught from '55 to '97 and the painful "Dead Things" era, I figure sticking through this will be easy compared.

He'll get better

Maybe. Or maybe he'll just be another average goalie who never lived up to his early hype.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Have you ever seen Price early in his career? he was eaten alive for a long time high glove. He got better. So will Mrazek. these things take time. 

People keep insisting Mrazrek WILL be a stud and he's just having some growing pains, like it's a fact when it should be a maybe, or I hope, or at best am I think he will.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk