• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

12/13 GDT : Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 1

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I'm declaring the 15th game against the Kings "Beer Night". 

Bring a lot. I mean it. We'll be breaking into joyous song and dance by the 3rd regardless of the score.

Another reason may be, if I'm not mistaken, is Gary Thorne will be making the call for the Kings on Thursday. I still miss that guy, wish he was getting the national broadcasts instead of Emerick. Plus it may give some of us fond memories of when he called Wings games back in the day when they were actually good (esp. the ESPN games vs. the Avs)

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

I'd rather give him the Gallant treatment...Meaning hire Gallant as our new head coach, and have him beat the piss outta the current Wings coaching staff.

Exactly. They have a great replacement just sitting there. Even has a great story. The former Wing coming back after being unfairly fired by the perpetual losing franchise he lead to the playoffs and division the year prior only to lead the WIngs to the playoffs for a 26th year.

3 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Exactly. They have a great replacement just sitting there. Even has a great story. The former Wing coming back after being unfairly fired by the perpetual losing franchise he lead to the playoffs and division the year prior only to lead the WIngs to the playoffs for a 26th year.

200_s.gif

Just now, Metalwingsfan said:

I guess playing Glendenning on a scoring line isn't a coaches decision?  Or Lashoff over Sproul?

Good point. So weird, Babcock pretty much rolled the same lines. It's like Blash is just trying to be Babs jr. 

Just now, frankgrimes said:

Bring Gallant in as an assistant, give Holland a Tallonlike promotion

Gallant would never come as an assistant. He knows come January when the head coach axes start to fall around the NHL he will the be one of the top names on everyone's list so no sense going anywhere as an assistant. 

2 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

It only makes sense when you have an irrational hatred for Howard.

Anyone see what's going on with the Rangers? Lundqvist has been benched for the 4th straight game tonight for his backup who has been playing brilliantly. Henrik Lundqvist, arguably the best goaltender in the NHL.

It's called smart hockey, and it happens all around the league, it isn't some senseless betrayal of Mrazek.

There was an NHL.com article about the goalie sitch in NY(R), with the author saying no matter how good Raanta has been lately that they have to get Lundqvist back in there ASAP. He mentions the fact that coaches like to ride the hot hand no matter where that goalie is on the team's depth chart, but Lundqvist has been benched over a week, which is plenty of time for him to get his head right and work on the parts of his game that have weakened. Just gotta get him in while letting Raanta know that he's playing starter calibre goaltending right now, and he will be used again soon with a bunch of games in the short time comin up.

Howard has been great this season overall while Mrazek has played great but has had some troubles too, but you always need to get your starter going again regardless of how his backup is playing. Blash is always too quick to turn to Howard  Mrazek was  playing great for the last 5 games, has a bad game, then Howard gets the next start. Doesn't make much sense, but most of what Blash does doesn't make sense. After tonight I figure Mrazek will be back in next game, cause that's how Blash rolls. 

As for tonight's game by the team overall, embarrassing. Didn't miss much I see.