• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingfan1991

No one loses but Red Wings

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, DRW Dominance said:

if Holland can land OEL then go ahead :) or someone similar

In today's NHL, why would Arizona trade OEL given how hard it is to find a franchise D-man? Don't get me wrong, I would love it to happen, but it would shock me.

Edited by kliq

On 12/17/2016 at 7:23 PM, kliq said:

I dont really get the argument that the Tigers are a reason for anything. Its not like he's spending less money on the Wings because he owns the Tigers. 

I don't get it either. The Tigers aren't hurting the Red Wings. What's going on here is our Franchise players are retiring (Lidstrom and Datsyuk), or on their last legs (Zetterberg). The reason why we have a lot 3rd and 4th line guys, is making the playoffs the last 25 years, and drafting in the bottom 3rd of the first round, or trading our #1 pick to help win another cup. The best thing for this team right now is to miss the playoffs for a few years and draft our future stars.

1 hour ago, Barrie said:

I don't get it either. The Tigers aren't hurting the Red Wings. What's going on here is our Franchise players are retiring (Lidstrom and Datsyuk), or on their last legs (Zetterberg). The reason why we have a lot 3rd and 4th line guys, is making the playoffs the last 25 years, and drafting in the bottom 3rd of the first round, or trading our #1 pick to help win another cup. The best thing for this team right now is to miss the playoffs for a few years and draft our future stars.

I pretty much agree with this, the only thing I would change is the end and say that the best thing to happen to us would be to for our current young players (Mrazek, Larkin, AA, Mantha) to make that transition to superstars. I don't care that much about the streak, but I will have a hard time not seeing Wings playoff hockey, as its always been a tradition for me since I was 9 (I'm now 34).

Its so hard to tell sometimes if a kid will become a superstar if its not a sure thing (ie. McDavid). Look at Nyquist, in the second half of 2014 he looked like a damn hart nominee. In retrospect he was playing way above his head and he ended up becoming a decent second line winger. Nothing wrong with that, nobody here criticizes guys like Holmstrom, Kozlov, or Larionov its just in their case they had elite superstars to play under. So hopefully this next wave end up being the next Datsyuk, or Zetterberg. not the next Nyquist or Tatar with all do respect to the latter.