• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

12/15 LGW GDT : Kings 4 at Red Wings 1

5 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Nope, not a bad team. They're only a few points out of the playoffs after all.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

We won't be saying that a month from now, if this continues.  The Wings were good last year up until February and they weren't the same since.  This year, we had that 6 game win streak, but then fell apart and now we look very much like that team that finished last season and limped into the playoffs.  My point is they fell apart last year, but it was late enough into the season that we still made the playoffs.  That won't be the case this year.  They need to find a way to break this slump.

56 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

We won't be saying that a month from now, if this continues.  The Wings were good last year up until February and they weren't the same since.  This year, we had that 6 game win streak, but then fell apart and now we look very much like that team that finished last season and limped into the playoffs.  My point is they fell apart last year, but it was late enough into the season that we still made the playoffs.  That won't be the case this year.  They need to find a way to break this slump.

I'm of the opinion that this is not a slump. They are simply playing bad hockey and getting worse each night. I can count on one hand how many good games they've played all season. This is a team that has completely lost its way and the wheels are falling off. Typically, these types of nose dives only end when the season does. It takes elite talent and great coaching to pull out of such a situation. Neither of which this team has. It's very reminiscent of the 2014-15 Leafs. A roster that should be good enough to compete for a lower playoff seed, but just completely lost their way. 

In the end, it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. The streak will end, so roster decisions can then stop being made based on keeping that going, ala trading the first round pick for Datsyuk's cap hit. It hurts to deal with now, but I think looking forward to next season the team will be better off for it. 

A lot (too many :p) of people here would be complaining if the Datsyuk contract was kept... But you know what? Holland made fantastic moves. He brought in Vanek and Nielsen and apparently almost got Radulov when the markets opened.

he's giving this team some good tools. He also brought an offensive genius in Green, who also happens to shoot R.. 

Can't believe I'd ever say this but the coach needs to be fired... 0-4 on a homestand is unacceptable

6 minutes ago, hardcoretom21 said:

A lot (too many :p) of people here would be complaining if the Datsyuk contract was kept... But you know what? Holland made fantastic moves. He brought in Vanek and Nielsen and apparently almost got Radulov when the markets opened.

he's giving this team some good tools. He also brought an offensive genius in Green, who also happens to shoot R.. 

Can't believe I'd ever say this but the coach needs to be fired... 0-4 on a homestand is unacceptable

At the time it was exciting, as it made the possibility of Stamkos seem very real. But to then find out Neilson was instead the guy Holland had in mind to make cap space for... well, in retrospect that sucks. 

He made fantastic moves in a sense of keeping the playoff streak alive. All that does is delay the inevitable, which is what we are seeing on the ice right now. In my eyes, the only way signing Vanek will turn into a fantastic move is if he is moved at the deadline to help load up for the draft. Other than that, it would be a player who played well here during an overall bad season. 

1 hour ago, hardcoretom21 said:

Those were good moves, but it's too little too late.  He can't build the defense and he's given big contracts to everyone.  There's no cap space to get better.  

On a side note, I watched highlights of the game on NHLN, and didn't know Gary Thorne was doing play by play again.  Apparently, he's doing part-time commentary for the Kings.  Great to hear him calling a game at the JLA for the last time.  

It's pretty simple, this team needs a culture change.  We have plenty of usable parts up front and there is no reason why a bunch of these guys aren't scoring.  This organization has gone stale. Watching #55 and #52 last night was sad, they are out of position every shift yet they are still on the same pairing.  Make some moves.  

14 hours ago, hardcoretom21 said:

Green an offensive genius... Oh wow. I don't... forget it.