• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

12/17 GDT - Ducks 4 at Red Wings 6

13 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Nope not one of those people. You cant deny though that Wings fans hate towards their goalies are is often irrational (Joseph)

Yes I can. Each situation is unique. Howard got s*** cuz he was playing like s*** with a better option on the bench. Mraz is getting s*** for playing like s*** with a better option on the bench. That's anything but irrational.

Edit: The Joseph situation was, but geez, that was like 15 years ago. So I guess I take issue with the 'often' part. I'd say 'given a certain situation it sometimes gets irrational'

Edited by roboturner

Well, I'll be damned.  I don't have to come on here after the game and regurgitate how crappy this team is ... now that's what is frustrating.  If they can play like this, why can't they do it 3 out of 4 nights or 4 out of 5 nights?  

Before I get all giddy, let's see if this is the start of something different first.  

After thought, just saw the boxscore.  Bernier was in net for the 1st two periods, now I see why we scored 4!

Edited by RedWingsRox

Was at this game, though I left after the second to try and avoid messy roads (which I didn't succeed in doing). Thought the Wings looked great after the initial two goals against. After the goals started coming in, the building felt electric, was one of the more exciting games I've been to. 

22 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

How much of tonights output was the Bernier effect though? 

Like, 3 goals. Though in fairness I thought the Wings earned them.

3 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

Mrazek hasnt seen nearly that much hate. Give it another 2 years before the irrational hate from fans towards whoever the starting goalie is begins.

True. Even Hasek and Joseph weren't good enough for some. And Osgood, you could write a book about the stupidity that's been spewed forth about him.

3 hours ago, RedWingsRox said:

Well, I'll be damned.  I don't have to come on here after the game and regurgitate how crappy this team is ... now that's what is frustrating.  If they can play like this, why can't they do it 3 out of 4 nights or 4 out of 5 nights?  

Before I get all giddy, let's see if this is the start of something different first.  

After thought, just saw the boxscore.  Bernier was in net for the 1st two periods, now I see why we scored 4!

Goalie aside, they played well tonight. I cant remember the last time they were forechecking and playing as gritty as they did tonight. Tatar's one goal was a fricken weird one though.

Already wrote in another thread about tonight's game, but to recap my thoughts, they Have to play this way to be a Bubble team at this point. Anything below this standard is an automatic outside view looking at the playoffs.

Can they sustain? Probably not, due to emotional weariness over time and injuries to key personnel. But at least they gave us hope, just as the young Leia said at the end of Rogue One movie I saw yesterday.

I'll take that hope.

Edited by Jacksoni

The hockey gods finally gave us a break. I blame them for our poor scoring results before this exciting game. Usually the puck refuses to get in the net for us but not tonight. Let's hope we keep getting luckily with the gods... we need them on our side from now on. GWG!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk