• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

12/19 LGW GDT : Red Wings vs Hurricanes : GAME CANCELLED

Well, that is good.  The Wings get to rest, since TB has been resting for three days,   So no penalty to the Canes for forgetting to make ice, I guess?  I feel very bad for the local Wings fans who paid a lot for tickets to the game, for Christmas presents.  Nice going, Canes.

18 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I only THINK I know this because of a recent documentary I watched about the Red Army and the issues with Soviets coming to the US to play hockey, and I did some research afterwards online because it was so interesting. The unfortunately late round drafted Pavel Bure would be my guess if my memory serves.

Bingo! Could you imagine that team with Fedorov and Bure? 

Edited by LeftWinger

Lol, how pathetic.  I was reading that several players were complaining about the ice conditions this morning, but they (apparently) decided not to try to address it until right before game time.

Edited by sleepwalker

Clearly The Hockey Gods do not like Nick Jensen. The planets finally align for his NHL debut and the game is cancelled because the Hurricanes can't keep their ice frozen.

The Hurricanes should be forced to forfeit two points. Actually, it should be two points for the game itself and an additional two points for being the Hurricanes. (See: Evil Nemesis Karmanos, The Temptation of Fedorov, Why the Actual S*** Is There an NHL Franchise in Raleigh?, Don Waddell, #BringBackTheWhale, Your Logo Is Water Spinning in a Toilet Bowl, Your Old Jerseys Had Character and Were Genuinely Pretty Cool So of Course You Went and Changed Them to Uninspired Red Wings Knockoffs, You Gave the Penguins Jim Rutherford and So You're Basically Responsible for the Penguins Winning the Cup Last Season and I Still Haven't Gotten Over 2009 and I Never Will, etc.)

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:31 PM, DickieDunn said:

It's all Abdelkader's fault.  He was looking for somewhere to charge his phone before the pre game skate and unplugged something in the control room.

Oops...

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

The Hurricanes should be forced to forfeit two points. 

I feel there should at least be a discussion as the Wings had to fly-out to Carolina and prep for the game only to not play due to negligence. Its one thing if its a storm or snow etc. But if you can't freeze your ice, I feel that a forfeit should be at least a possibility.

With that being said, I get why they wont do that. Imagine if this was a game 7 or even a winner gets in the playoffs game. They probably dont want to set a precedent that could bite them in the ass later.

Full disclosure, I didn't read what happened. I am assuming from Dabura's post that this was due to negligence.

4 hours ago, kliq said:

I feel there should at least be a discussion as the Wings had to fly-out to Carolina and prep for the game only to not play due to negligence. Its one thing if its a storm or snow etc. But if you can't freeze your ice, I feel that a forfeit should be at least a possibility.

With that being said, I get why they wont do that. Imagine if this was a game 7 or even a winner gets in the playoffs game. They probably dont want to set a precedent that could bite them in the ass later.

Full disclosure, I didn't read what happened. I am assuming from Dabura's post that this was due to negligence.

I thought I had read that one of their cooling units had broken down and while it was repaired, the game would have started after some crucial point last night where the wings would be in violation of some rule where the NHL doesn't allow players to play in games within a certain period of time (tampa being the following day)

44 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

I thought I had read that one of their cooling units had broken down and while it was repaired, the game would have started after some crucial point last night where the wings would be in violation of some rule where the NHL doesn't allow players to play in games within a certain period of time (tampa being the following day)

Yeah, I think their coolant system was busted. Which, I dunno, I'm not sure that should get them off the hook. Thing is, there were complaints about the ice during the morning skate.

18 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Officially cancelled. 

I'm calling it now, at the end of the regular season they will be 1 point out of the playoffs and this makeup game will be the most important 2 points of the season! 

Considering where we are right now at this very moment I'm not so sure I wouldn't accept the fate of a one game winner makes the playoffs game against the Canes. 

17 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Oops...MzkpU0k.gif

this is like, the funniest thing ever... LOL

Just read that the Canes will have to foot the bill for the Wings having to travel back to the NASCAR hell-hole for the rescheduled game.  That might be problematic, since they don't have the cash to fix the ice system.  Ha.