• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

xault

Red Wings Centennial Classic Jersey

Rate this topic

I went out today bought myself a Red Wings Centennial Jersey. I also bought one for my Father. I gotta say, I think this jersey is real sharp looking. The Silver band on the arms with the Stanley Cup dates is a super nice touch along with the Silver in the Red Wing Wheel. Oddly, I find myself liking theses more than the 2014 Winter Classic Jersey, which I also have. I feel like I can wear the Centennial Jersey to a normal game at the Joe but for some reason I don't like wearing the 2014 Winter one to games. 

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages%2f_2598000%2fff_2598117_full.jpg&w=600

What do you think of the Centennial Jersey? Which Centennial, Winter Jersey do you like best?

Sorry if we already have a topic about this.

I didn't like the design that much, I'd have prefered the sleves were red and the white stripes plus the silver band. But my main issue here is that last year's Stadium Series Jersey was expensive and the quality of the materials was really crappy, the shoulder patch is just a vynil print and the D crest is glued on not stitched. So that kinda threw me off wanting any jersey made on the fly. 

I think a lot of people like the '14 WC jersey, I think it is a fresh look from what we usually see and does give you that vintage look, might be that instead of white they used that beige tone. I guess it's true what they say, if you want something to look old just add a sepia filter to it and done.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but, How much did you pay for 'em jerseys?

The thing I love the most about my '14 WC jersey is that the name/numbers are made of felt instead of the shiny polyester (or whatever it is) that are currently on the jerseys.  It really gives it the "old time hockey" feel to it.

Personally, I think the Centennial Classic jersey just looks rushed.  Especially when you consider how good Toronto's jersey looks...

7f4943e6b866add64914a62a8b7d0dcd

10 minutes ago, Jedi said:

The thing I love the most about my '14 WC jersey is that the name/numbers are made of felt instead of the shiny polyester (or whatever it is) that are currently on the jerseys.  It really gives it the "old time hockey" feel to it.

Personally, I think the Centennial Classic jersey just looks rushed.  Especially when you consider how good Toronto's jersey looks...

7f4943e6b866add64914a62a8b7d0dcd

it's my personal opinion that they switched designs between teams that^ totally looks like the '14 Alumni Jersey and ours looks like this one I mean, It even has the laces...

2014_detroit_red_wings_alumni_jersey_by_

leafs-120.jpg

Someone was selling tickets online and they had this picture. Don't know if these jerseys were ever used or where the picture was originally from, but they look pretty cool to me. The Wings' jersey in the picture might just be the previous winter classic one with the colours reversed. I actually kinda like the Wings jersey they're using as long as it's not see-through like the other pictures of it we saw in another thread.

$_35.JPG

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

13 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Someone was selling tickets online and they had this picture. Don't know if these jerseys were ever used or where the picture was originally from, but they look pretty cool to me. The Wings' jersey in the picture might just be the previous winter classic one with the colours reversed. I actually kinda like the Wings jersey they're using as long as it's not see-through like the other pictures of it we saw in another thread.

$_35.JPG

those are the '14 WC jerseys just touched up a bit and Detroit has the colours inverted.

wlhkQcg.jpg

There are couple differences: Numbers on the arms, shoulders, simplified bands on the Leafs jersey, but you're right.

Just never seen those versions and thought they looked really nice. But have no idea where they come from - they could even be knock-off jerseys - the picture did come from a kijiji (Canada's craigslist) ad. 

27 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

There are couple differences: Numbers on the arms, shoulders, simplified bands on the Leafs jersey, but you're right.

Just never seen those versions and thought they looked really nice. But have no idea where they come from - they could even be knock-off jerseys - the picture did come from a kijiji (Canada's craigslist) ad. 

and the laces are untied  lol ;)

On 12/20/2016 at 0:55 PM, NerveDamage said:

I didn't like the design that much, I'd have prefered the sleves were red and the white stripes plus the silver band. But my main issue here is that last year's Stadium Series Jersey was expensive and the quality of the materials was really crappy, the shoulder patch is just a vynil print and the D crest is glued on not stitched. So that kinda threw me off wanting any jersey made on the fly. 

I think a lot of people like the '14 WC jersey, I think it is a fresh look from what we usually see and does give you that vintage look, might be that instead of white they used that beige tone. I guess it's true what they say, if you want something to look old just add a sepia filter to it and done.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but, How much did you pay for 'em jerseys?

I paid 180$ at Fanatic U in Taylor MI. In person the Jersey just seemed much better than looking at it online. Like I said, you get to notice some of the sharp little things they did with the Jersey that are hard to see on a screen. In my opinion, try to find one in person. I may just be the oddball out on this. I'm just not a big fan of the old stained looking white. 

Edited by xault

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

Nothing beats the ones from last year: Swedish Mafia and everything

red-wings-stadium-series-jerseys-54dc844

Those numbers are what ruins it. Supposedly it was to make them easier to see in the huge stadium. Not really a good enough reason to kill what could have been a really nice jersey.

24 minutes ago, DRW Dominance said:

I gotta admit, I hated the centennial jersey when I first saw it.....however, the link from the OP....I really like that white jersey now

I think the same, although I wouldn't shell out that much money for that jersey, I might just wait for it to be on sale at sportsk.com 

I'm sure the cheap Chinese knockoff sites already have them for $40 or something. I have the red Howard and Datsyuk jerseys from China, and they look just as good as the ones for $150 US on the NHL site, except the name font on the back looks a bit off, and the sizing can be a little hit and miss. For $40 though, I don't care. lol

Anndddd, here we go. Larkin, Abby, Howe, Yzerman, Howard, Nyquist, Zetterberg Centennials $33.59 US with free shipping. Link goes to the Centennial jerseys, dunno why it says world cup.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2016-world-cup-ice-hockey-sweden-jerseys/390157251.html#s1-2-7b;srp|0038886097

Here's another one. You can get any players name here, even Vitale or Cholowski. haha

http://www.brandjerseys.cn/Detroit-Red-Wings-list-64.html

Edited by chaps80

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I'm sure the cheap Chinese knockoff sites already have them for $40 or something. I have the red Howard and Datsyuk jerseys from China, and they look just as good as the ones for $150 US on the NHL site, except the name font on the back looks a bit off, and the sizing can be a little hit and miss. For $40 though, I don't care. lol

Anndddd, here we go. Larkin, Abby, Howe, Yzerman, Howard, Nyquist, Zetterberg Centennials $33.59 US with free shipping. Link goes to the Centennial jerseys, dunno why it says world cup.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2016-world-cup-ice-hockey-sweden-jerseys/390157251.html#s1-2-7b;srp|0038886097

Here's another one. You can get any players name here, even Vitale or Cholowski. haha

http://www.brandjerseys.cn/Detroit-Red-Wings-list-64.html

In my country, customs taxes for items from China can go up to 400% the actual price, so it's not really an option in my case. I'd still say go to SportsK, it's a Michigan based store and the Jerseys are the real deal, you can even get them customized for a few extra bucks, add any  patch you want. And if you buy them at the right time you can get a sweet deal. like $70 - $100

http://www.sportsk.com/redwings-centennial-nhl-jerseys.html

http://www.sportsk.com/redwingjerseys.html

On 23/12/2016 at 9:28 PM, chaps80 said:

That's alot of Customs duty. lol Canada isn't bad for duty. Only noticeably heavy things, and things like booze and tobacco get hit pretty good.

lol I know, my brother went a bit overboard a few years back and when customs contacted us to let us know about how much we had to pay to let the iems through, he decided to returned them and get hismoney back instead.

lol, sweet booze and tobacco. well, you have Number 7 and Crown Royal so no need importing either of those

On 22/12/2016 at 9:09 PM, chaps80 said:

oh jeez... get them while they last

NHL and other leagues win lawsuit to seize websites selling fakes

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-and-other-leagues-win-lawsuit-to-seize-websites-selling-fakes-1.641022

On 12/22/2016 at 10:37 PM, chaps80 said:

Off topic, but what do you all think of the Salute to Service jerseys? I dig em. They look wayyy better than the other digi-camo things.

wings_608.jpg

That Jersey is great. Never seen it before. I need to buy one now.

On December 28, 2016 at 8:01 PM, NerveDamage said:

lol I know, my brother went a bit overboard a few years back and when customs contacted us to let us know about how much we had to pay to let the iems through, he decided to returned them and get hismoney back instead.

lol, sweet booze and tobacco. well, you have Number 7 and Crown Royal so no need importing either of those

True, our cigs are good, but I like American ones as well. Marlboro, Camel, Winston. But the only way to get em is to have them shipped, which results in duty on top of their high rate of exchange on the price and shipping. Not worth it. Or if I know someone going there I can get em to bring a couple cartons back from the duty free shop, but rate of exchange is still high. US Dollar is worth close to 40 cents more than the CDN Dollar right now. Buying one damn t shirt there right now is close to $50 CDN with shipping after exchange. I can get a Chinese made jersey for same. Lol