• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/20 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Lightning 4

45 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Do you think we could get Stevie to give them a speech? Just one for old times sake....

Yzerman never had to deal with this crap once he got good players to play with him. Besides, I doubt Stevie would say anything differently. They're all similar quiet people.

We need someone like Ovechkin or something. Need some locker room yelling. 

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Wow our D sucks.

Speak for yourself chaps ;) 

Edited by kickazz

24 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I'm tired of hearing blash say that word as it is. It's no wonder the players already tune him out.

I'm wondering if he uses other cool trendy words too like Bae, Lit, Fleek etc...

This game also proved how good Green has been this year, it's just a puddle of idiots back there without him.  

Babs and even The perfect human said, Stevie would speak up but only if it was absolutely mandatory. I mean if you have a leader like him words aren't needed because his play on the ice did all the talking. Best and hardest working player by far.

God I hope the Red Bird is landing in Tampa filled with money when his contract is up, he is the only one capable of fixing this mess.

I'm not saying fire Blashill but could the Wings at least contact Gallant and see where things are? Heck add Hartley as an advisor just bring in some outside knowledge

13 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Babs and even The perfect human said, Stevie would speak up but only if it was absolutely mandatory. I mean if you have a leader like him words aren't needed because his play on the ice did all the talking. Best and hardest working player by far.

God I hope the Red Bird is landing in Tampa filled with money when his contract is up, he is the only one capable of fixing this mess.

I'm not saying fire Blashill but could the Wings at least contact Gallant and see where things are? Heck add Hartley as an advisor just bring in some outside knowledge

I think the Wings firing Blashill really does depend on what they value more, the present or the future.

If the Wings don't turn it around and fire him mid season they are clearly more concerned with the present and making the playoffs. If they keep him, that tells me they see a future in him and are looking down the road. I dont think Blashill is a great NHL coach right now, but like a young player, if there is a high ceiling with him, you keep him.

I think the Wings firing Blashill really does depend on what they value more, the present or the future.
If the Wings don't turn it around and fire him mid season they are clearly more concerned with the present and making the playoffs. If they keep him, that tells me they see a future in him and are looking down the road. I dont think Blashill is a great NHL coach right now, but like a young player, if there is a high ceiling with him, you keep him.

Fully agreed I don't think he is a bad coach, Blashill is just in a bad situation he doesn't have the experience of the top NHL coaches and his roster is bad. Just look at Bednar and you can see how hard it is for rookies although that guy has Landeskog, Duchene, MacKinnon and Berry on his roster.

If Blashill is seen as the right guy for the the young players if not bring in someone else like you've said.

I wouldn't mind reading Bill Berzeench on the forums again right about now. All my opinions are doom and gloom at this moment. Perhaps good old Bill has a perspective I missed and miraculously lifts my spirits. Or do I require real spirits? Or a few more losses maybe a combination of both and some other weirdo's returning. Hope y'all are doing better than me though.

14 hours ago, kickazz said:

Yzerman never had to deal with this crap once he got good players to play with him. Besides, I doubt Stevie would say anything differently. They're all similar quiet people.

We need someone like Ovechkin or something. Need some locker room yelling. 

Speak for yourself chaps ;) 

What are you talkin about?