• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Mrazek has already been drafted... :lol:

In a late round, I hope Holland gives Kelton Hatcher a call. Great bloodline, nice D prospect.

Derian's son? That would be awesome. I've always been dissapointed Hatcher wasn't a Wing for long. Damn salary cap.

On 12/24/2016 at 0:08 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Well rich at least we agree on that. Mrazek is the new pulkkinen. Wait till hes gone. U wont miss him.

Yeah cut Mrazek or trade him for a 7th that's a good idea. You must be Richdgs second account. If he were 6'5" and could drop the mitts he would be the greatest thing since probert right?

Edited by vladdy16
Edited out personal attack.

9 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

You're a dunce if you think Mrazek and Pulkkinens talents are the same. Yeah cut Mrazek or trade him for a 7th that's a good idea. You must be Richdgs second account. If he were 6'5" and could drop the mitts he would be the greatest thing since probert right?

The Axe is back, baby

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

#7 could net us Foote.

We don't need any Foote Fungus in Detroit, even if it's the spawn of the the original 

2 hours ago, BringBack19 said:

Yeah cut Mrazek or trade him for a 7th that's a good idea. You must be Richdgs second account. If he were 6'5" and could drop the mitts he would be the greatest thing since probert right?

A 6'5" fighting goalie??? Sign me up!

But na i think we can probs get a 6th for Mraz.... hopefully

38 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I like it, but they can do better. Or worse, depending how you look at it.

It would be hillarious to me if the first season we miss, we win the lottery and draft nolan patrick.

Id feel very comfortable moving tatar and gus for D help too at that point 

#7 pick doesn't satisfy me. Unless its #1 or #2 we better win games. Top 2 picks can turn your team around. #7 would not, especially not in the Red Wings org that would immediately go back to playoffs and be stuck with more #15-20 picks the following years.

Edited by kickazz

It doesn't matter if we finish last or 14th, the lottery will determine the draft order. Finishing 5th doesn't mean we are picking 5th. The record only determines the % of drafting higher or lower.

I am not sold on Mrazek nor have I written him off. Anyone that does either is silly. he has great talent. He has had stretches of being a very good G. he has also had stretches of being a very bad G. Who is the true Mrazek? No one knows. With Howard out I would play him as much as possible because we do need to know who/what he is. Is a a true #1? A backup? A Journeyman? a AHL G? Only way to learn the answer is to play. Then the team can adjust from there.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So, I guess we're tanking it then? I don't trust Holland with a top 5 pick, let alone the #1.

Holland won't tank the season. And i don't trust him with a top pick either. He'd probably trade it for a 25th-31st pick (Vegas picks this draft, no?) and an over 35 veteran.

7 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Holland won't tank the season. And i don't trust him with a top pick either. He'd probably trade it for a 25th-31st pick (Vegas picks this draft, no?) and an over 35 veteran.

Yes they do and IIRC they are locked in at 4th. But that could be wrong. Have to go look it up.

22 minutes ago, Richdg said:

Yes they do and IIRC they are locked in at 4th. But that could be wrong. Have to go look it up.

Yeah I seem to recall reading that they automatically get a top 5 pick somewhere. Must be nice to buy a franchise, pillage other teams players, and get a high first rounder.

I find the amount of players allowed to be protected by each team, who spent years drafting and developing and building their roster, to be much too low as well. What is it..10-12 players total or something?

I think expansion teams should have to find and sign their own players. There's tons of non-NHL pro players out there, plus unsigned UFA's. And then there's the high first rounder to help out too. Yeah sure, your team will suck for awhile, but that's how it should be. It shouldn't be instantly competitive just because you put down the expansion fee and built an arena.