• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, amato said:

I would love to draft first rounders every round too :P 

Well, last I saw on a TSN draft ranking, Tippet was in the 20's and Hague was in the 50's... of course come draft day, they could all be top 5!

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-lots-of-talent-after-patrick-hischier-1.702428

Edited by LeftWinger

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well, last I saw on a TSN draft ranking, Tippet was in the 20's and Hague was in the 50's... of course come draft day, they could all be top 5!

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-lots-of-talent-after-patrick-hischier-1.702428

Interesting.. they seem to be dropping a little, wonder why. That would still be tippet in the first and Hague in the second though. 

Im still standing by wanting Mittelstadt in the first if we don't win any lotto spot (would also be good with Vilardi). But Hague in the second sounds good to me. Might even be able to trade back and still get him it looks like.. adding a pick in the process. 

I don't think there's a way to get all three of the guys you listed, barring any trades, but stranger things have happened so who knows. 

That's why its my perfect scenario.

Going by that rankings (if we end up 9th,) I think Holland will select:

1st: Heiskanen (who I'd like: Suzuki)

2nd: Brannstrom (who I'd like: Hague)

3rd: (from FLA) Safin (Me: Reedy or Skinner (G))

3rd: (from TOR) Soderlund (Me: Coghlan)

3rd: (From NYR) Anokhovsky (Me: Crotty)

3rd: (from CHI) Hugg (Me: Paquette)

4th: Martin (Me: Martin)

That's as far as the list goes (105 picks) so I cannot comment on the 5th, 6th (2) or 7th rounders.

Of course right now we sit 6th, which gives us 7th spot with no lotto win, that'll change things a smidge, let me make some changes for 7th spot:

Holland's picks (Mine)

1st: Liljegren (Suzuki)

2nd: Brannstrom (Hague)

3rd: Minulin (Reedy or Skinner (G))

3rd: Soderlund (Coghlan)

3rd: Chytil (Crotty)

3rd: Hugg (Paquette)

4th: Salo (Keating)

Those are who I can see Holland selecting...my choices are still the same except the 4th rounder.

Edited by LeftWinger

36 minutes ago, amato said:

Interesting.. they seem to be dropping a little, wonder why. That would still be tippet in the first and Hague in the second though. 

Im still standing by wanting Mittelstadt in the first if we don't win any lotto spot (would also be good with Vilardi). But Hague in the second sounds good to me. Might even be able to trade back and still get him it looks like.. adding a pick in the process. 

I don't think there's a way to get all three of the guys you listed, barring any trades, but stranger things have happened so who knows. 

Curious, is there any particular reason you're so high on Mittelstadt? Have you seen him play? I don't know a ton about him, but he definitely doesn't stand out as a player I really want, especially if we keep our pick and pick in the top 10. I want one of Patrick, Vilardi, Glass or Tippett, in that order.

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

That's why its my perfect scenario.

Going by that rankings (if we end up 9th,) I think Holland will select:

1st: Heiskanen (who I'd like: Suzuki)

2nd: Brannstrom (who I'd like: Hague)

3rd: (from FLA) Safin (Me: Skinner)

3rd: (from TOR) Soderlund (Me: Coghlan)

3rd: (From NYR) Anokhovsky (Me: Crotty)

3rd: (from CHI) Hugg (Me: Paquette)

4th: Martin (Me: Martin)

That's as far as the list goes (105 picks) so I cannot comment on the 5th, 6th (2) or 7th rounders.

What list are you looking at for this?

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Curious, is there any particular reason you're so high on Mittelstadt? Have you seen him play? I don't know a ton about him, but he definitely doesn't stand out as a player I really want, especially if we keep our pick and pick in the top 10. I want one of Patrick, Vilardi, Glass or Tippett, in that order.

I was looking at the TSN list I posted above...and then I just went with current standings in comparison to us and adding Vegas. I thought we were 9th, but then saw we were 7th currently with Vegas. Only a few changes to Holland's pick (IMO) and one change on mine.

Of course right now we sit 6th, which gives us 7th spot with no lotto win, that'll change things a smidge, let me make some changes for 7th spot:

Holland's picks (Mine)

1st: Liljegren (Suzuki)

2nd: Brannstrom (Hague)

3rd: Minulin (Reedy or Skinner (G))

3rd: Soderlund (Coghlan)

3rd: Chytil (Crotty)

3rd: Hugg (Paquette)

4th: Salo (Keating)

Those are who I can see Holland selecting...my choices are still the same except the 4th rounder.

Edited by LeftWinger

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Just going off what I've seen of Mittelstadt, not if we get in the top 10. He didn't dominate his peers in the high school tournament. Although I haven't seen any of the other players people are talking about.

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Any chance we end up picking 6th thru 9th, and then Holland exchanges 1st round picks (lets say he picks 10th) for an additional 2nd round pick?

You never know...I wouldn't be surprised. But I think if Liljegren is sitting there, he'll draft him.

20 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Other than highlights and looking at stats, no. But he has high offensive ability from everything I've seen/read and I just feel like he could be the kind of guy that gets drafted out of high school then excels afterwards; kind of how Larkin did at Michigan. Could also be a flop, sure, but I think there's a lot of upside with him. 

I also think we'll most likely end up picking closer to 10 than top 5 so I'm basing it on that a little too, thinking that patrick and vilardi will be gone by then for sure.. admittedly haven't looked into Cody Glass much yet though but he's definitely raising in the rankings at the right time. I'll check him out too. Tippett would cool too but I'd rather draft a center. 

18 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

Just going off what I've seen of Mittelstadt, not if we get in the top 10. He didn't dominate his peers in the high school tournament. Although I haven't seen any of the other players people are talking about.

well, that's unfortunate news. his USHL numbers are good though... I think I remember you saying that before though, how much did you end up seeing of him?

3 minutes ago, amato said:

Other than highlights and looking at stats, no. But he has high offensive ability from everything I've seen/read and I just feel like he could be the kind of guy that gets drafted out of high school then excels afterwards; kind of how Larkin did at Michigan. Could also be a flop, sure, but I think there's a lot of upside with him. 

I also think we'll most likely end up picking closer to 10 than top 5 so I'm basing it on that a little too, thinking that patrick and vilardi will be gone by then for sure.. admittedly haven't looked into Cody Glass much yet though but he's definitely raising in the rankings at the right time. I'll check him out too. Tippett would cool too but I'd rather draft a center. 

well, that's unfortunate news. his USHL numbers are good though... I think I remember you saying that before though, how much did you end up seeing of him?

Including playoffs and the tournament, 5 games.

I was just going by that TSN rankings, but Nick has done himself well to climb from a projected early 2nd to a top 10 over the season. My ultimate 1st rounder is Vilardi, but even if we lose the next two, Im not sure we'll be able to get him, unless he drops a few spots. I suppose we could wind up 4th eventually, if we get 0 points, but that would be hard, especially since I think they'll be playing their hardest this Sunday to try to win one last one at The Joe. It's not like the Devils are playing for anything either, they probably also want to end low as they can.  I see a loss Saturday and a win Sunday giving us 78 points and probably no better than #6, which will bump us to #7. We could win a lotto pick and get in the top 5 still, though. So I guess, best case top 10 realistic scenario(s) for me, would be Vilardi or Suzuki. I am high on Tippett (you don't say?) but I am sure Holland wouldn't take him top 10, if he's ranked 20th.

Mittelsadt is showing ranked #6 right now, but what about this Ryan Poehling (pronounced PAYLING) kid? They have him at #9. With all the names flying around, I haven't seen him on anyone's radar. He is teammate of Cholowski at St. Cloud St. I'll have to check out some scouting reports.

Hell, looking at their roster, they have THREE brothers named Poehling. Ryan, Jack and Nick...they are all freshman, what are they triplets?

EDIT:

Interesting

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/college/hockey/husky-hockey/2016/05/15/ryan-poehling-bypassing-senior-year-join-scsu/84384928/

Jack and Nick are twin 19 year olds, Ryan graduated High School early and bypassed his senior year to play at St. Cloud St. at 17 years old...Wow!

Edited by LeftWinger

15 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

Including playoffs and the tournament, 5 games.

Decent amount.. and what should be more hyped up games. Maybe he just gets more double and triple teams there than other places? His stats at world jrs and in the USHL (and obviously also high school) are good and everything I've read about him seems very promising. Obviously stats are only part of the whole story but I imagine teams play defense against him differently in high school. 

Like I said, I mostly think he'd be a high upside later top ten pick and also really want us to draft a center.. Time will tell if he can keep elevating his game though. 

27 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I was just going by that TSN rankings, but Nick has done himself well to climb from a projected early 2nd to a top 10 over the season. My ultimate 1st rounder is Vilardi, but even if we lose the next two, Im not sure we'll be able to get him, unless he drops a few spots. I suppose we could wind up 4th eventually, if we get 0 points, but that would be hard, especially since I think they'll be playing their hardest this Sunday to try to win one last one at The Joe. It's not like the Devils are playing for anything either, they probably also want to end low as they can.  I see a loss Saturday and a win Sunday giving us 78 points and probably no better than #6, which will bump us to #7. We could win a lotto pick and get in the top 5 still, though. So I guess, best case top 10 realistic scenario(s) for me, would be Vilardi or Suzuki. I am high on Tippett (you don't say?) but I am sure Holland wouldn't take him top 10, if he's ranked 20th.

If we're winners in the draft lottery, we will pick top 3, not top 5. And even where we sit right now, we have a 24% chance to pick 1-3. Not bad odds...

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Doesn't he play for Windsor? He probably goes to Detroit all the time

Yes he does. He's probably been to his fair share of Wings games too. Probably rubbed some elbows with some scouts, maybe even Holland. I wouldn't doubt if he's been given a grand tour of LCA as well! Playing right in Windsor, he's probably gotten a ton of looks from the organization as well. 

We must have!

Get it done Ken!

Again, in a damn perfect world we draft Vilardi, deal an NHL player and a 3rd to move into the lower 1st to get Tippett and then draft Hague with our 2nd.