• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, amato said:

Good ol American boys ;) 

Samberg would be a cool pick up. And he went to the same school as Sandelin. 

Reedy looks like he might go as high as the top-middle of the second round? I'd like a defenseman there personally if they weren't too much of a reach. 

Get er dun Ken!

Edited by LeftWinger

I just read Dr Dangles report on Rasmussen.  Wow.  He was on my fav list until I read that.  Stay away from him like the plague.  I'm now a Susuki fan because of him.  I'm very easily swayed I guess

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2017/4/11/15259068/dr-dangles-prospect-profiles-michael-rasmussen-c-tri-city-americans-15

Here's the article. It seems like the more mainstream scouting services disagree with him, but it doesn't mean he is wrong. I really don't care who the wings draft I just hope he can be a pivotal part of the future. 

18 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2017/4/11/15259068/dr-dangles-prospect-profiles-michael-rasmussen-c-tri-city-americans-15

Here's the article. It seems like the more mainstream scouting services disagree with him, but it doesn't mean he is wrong. I really don't care who the wings draft I just hope he can be a pivotal part of the future. 

So Rasmussen is out 

Not a huge fan of WiiM but also didn't really care for Rasmussen in the first place compared to most of the players we could be looking at in the first round and agree we need the highest skilled player possible.. preferably a center or defenseman. 

43 minutes ago, amato said:

Not a huge fan of WiiM but also didn't really care for Rasmussen in the first place compared to most of the players we could be looking at in the first round and agree we need the highest skilled player possible.. preferably a center or defenseman. 

Yeah WiiM totally sucks

That being said Dr. Dangles seems like he knows what he's talking about, and he makes drafting Rasmussen in the first round sound like the equivalent of drafting Brian Boyle in the first round. Pass.

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah WiiM totally sucks

That being said Dr. Dangles seems like he knows what he's talking about, and he makes drafting Rasmussen in the first round sound like the equivalent of drafting Brian Boyle in the first round. Pass.

I trust my eyes to Dr. Dangles.

From what I've read is Rasmussen is good in a lot of areas but not great in much of anything. We need a difference maker. We need a player with a great shot and a nose for the net. I'd love Tippett or Suzuki if we are in the back half of the top 10. I really like what I've seen from Tippett. He has a shot like Pulkinnen but he is strong in other areas of his game as well unlike pulkinnen. 

If we stay at 7 and assuming patrick, hischier, and Vilardi are all gone; my wish list might be Mittelstadt, Makar, Liljegren, Tippett, Glass. Could change, and I am slightly biased toward offensive d-men. But I'm sure I'll be a fan of whoever we draft, as they'll more than likely be our best prospect. 

28 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Since we are drafting Timothy Liljegren in the 1st round (and yall know it) here's his highlights

Huh. I was just about to post something to the effect of "I'm thinking we could end up with Liljegren." Wouldn't be too surprised if he's available at #7.

A lot of people are down on him, and not without reason -- but I really like him a lot. I think he has very real 1D potential. On the other hand, I could also see him becoming Smith/Kindl.

If we do draft him, we should pay Lidstrom big bucks to mentor him, teach him how to be a perfect human.