• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

Those weren't rhetorical questions, I have literally paid zero attention to Liljegren.  I just recall seeing that he was ranked pretty high at the beginning of the season, but that he had a pretty s***ty year. 

12 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Those weren't rhetorical questions, I have literally paid zero attention to Liljegren.  I just recall seeing that he was ranked pretty high at the beginning of the season, but that he had a pretty s***ty year. 

He was the best D-man available. I dunno if someone has passed him yet.

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

He had a bout of Mono which really put a dent in his season. So his stock has fallen. I see that as a possible good thing for us most likely drafting 7-10. I think he is a steal there and more NHL ready than Makar is. 

Liljegren only if the other 7 guys I'd rather have aren't there. 

BTW, none of those wrist shots from the point get past an NHL goalie. Hence the reason he was demoted to the junior level in Sweden and why his ranking has suffered...but I'm sure someone will take him top 10...just hopefully not Holland.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Patrick, Vilardi or Tippett 1st round

Hague 2nd.

Depth 3rd and lower please. NO 2ND TIER SWEDISH OR FINNISH OR ZIBAWEEITISH PROJECTS PLEASE!!!!!

Everyone in the 3rd or lower is going to be a project. The closest you could get to a non-project would be someone who's almost-but-not-quite-certain to be the next Glendening. Also, try to remember that a prospect is not 2nd-tier, or off-the-board, or an experiment, or whatever just because you don't know who he is. 

Yeah, who am I kidding. We all know you'll be going apes*** about something or other this offseason.

11 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Everyone in the 3rd or lower is going to be a project. The closest you could get to a non-project would be someone who's almost-but-not-quite-certain to be the next Glendening. Also, try to remember that a prospect is not 2nd-tier, or off-the-board, or an experiment, or whatever just because you don't know who he is. 

Yeah, who am I kidding. We all know you'll be going apes*** about something or other this offseason.

I may have missed it but I'm curious who you like in the draft?  Assuming we pick around the 7 spot that is.

24 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I may have missed it but I'm curious who you like in the draft?  Assuming we pick around the 7 spot that is.

I'm torn. I want a defenseman, but it seems there's some questions with all of them this year. Not sure any are worth going 7th. There's probably a good chance either Mittelstadt or Glass will be available, and both are probably a better pick than any of the D.

Some guys I really like are mostly projected around the middle of the 1st. Scouting reports on Suzuki have kind of a Tyler Johnson vibe. Valimaki and Foote are both intriguing. I wouldn't hate it if we were to trade down a bit, especially if Mittelstadt and Glass were both gone.

Holland has been touring around looking at potential draft picks according to St. James.

Today saw him travel to Toronto to catch the OHL playoff game between Mississauga and Peterborough.  [/quote]

Can you say, Tippett and Hague? 

Maybe, but at least they're on his radar!

Edited by LeftWinger

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm sorry, but this is the type of player we need on our team, no more small skilled.

I would love Tippett. I see him being a perrenial 30 goal scorer. Not the best defensively but he simply scores goals. Something the Wings lack desperately.

For my money, this is how the draft goes for Detroit. 

Draft Tippett with our 1st, then trade up to draft Hague.  I'd trade Sproul or Ouellet and our 2nd to guarantee the Hague pick.

We could still get #1 sure, but I'm just going with the odds of 7-10. Tippett has to be our guy at that range. I'm pretty positive we won't get them both, maybe neither, but man, would that be a VERY successful draft we got those two! Holland could do whatever he wanted with all the other picks as far as I'm concerned. He could draft a kid out of Samoa for all I would care. Tippett and Hague are the keys to our future.

PLEASE Hockey God's, somehow make it happen!

The only thing that'll make me mad is if we get #9 let's say, and Tippett is there but Holland picks something else, like a small skilled forward we don't need anymore of...ARGH! Then if we hold on to our 2nd, and Hague is sitting there and we don't take him? ARGH ARGH!!!

Can't help it if someone takes them before we can, but if Holland has them available and picks his "normal" picks... :censored:

Although, he didn't pick "normal" when it came to Mantha and Larkin, so I am somewhat optimistic...

Edited by LeftWinger

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

For my money, this is how the draft goes for Detroit. 

Draft Tippett with our 1st, then trade up to draft Hague.  I'd trade Sproul or Ouellet and our 2nd to guarantee the Hague pick.

We could still get #1 sure, but I'm just going with the odds of 7-10. Tippett has to be our guy at that range. I'm pretty positive we won't get them both, maybe neither, but man, would that be a VERY successful draft we got those two! Holland could do whatever he wanted with all the other picks as far as I'm concerned. He could draft a kid out of Samoa for all I would care. Tippett and Hague are the keys to our future.

PLEASE Hockey God's, somehow make it happen!

The only thing that'll make me mad is if we get #9 let's say, and Tippett is there but Holland picks something else, like a small skilled forward we don't need anymore of...ARGH! Then if we hold on to our 2nd, and Hague is sitting there and we don't take him? ARGH ARGH!!!

Can't help it if someone takes them before we can, but if Holland has them available and picks his "normal" picks... :censored:

Although, he didn't pick "normal" when it came to Mantha and Larkin, so I am somewhat optimistic...

I really hope we dont draft Tippet or Hague