• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

Because I'm hoping for Tippett. It doesn't matter where they were born. I said Tippett. Did I say fine young Canadian boy Tippett? No. Did I say ANY player as long as they're born here? No. I said Tippett.

You guys are the ones that keep bringing up "no matter where they're born." I said nothing of the sort. I've been team Tippett for a long time. I have friends in Missagauga, they talk very highly of him. I've seen a lot of highlights, I think he does fill.a need of this team.

You guys need to get a new hobby if all you're worried about is flaming me. 

If we draft 6-10Tippett is my choice. Not NA Tippett....Owen Tippett.

Imo, Tippett, if not taken already, is the best player available at a position of need.

Edited by LeftWinger

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Because I'm hoping for Tippett. It doesn't matter where they were born. I said Tippett. Did I say fine young Canadian boy Tippett? No. Did I say ANY player as long as their born here? No. I said Tippett.

You guys are the ones that keep bringing up "no matter where they're born." I said nothing of the sort. I've been team Tippett for a long time. I have friends Missagauga, they talk very highly of him. I've seen a lot of highlights, I think he does fill.a need of this team.

But if we had a choice between Owen Tippett and NA Tippett, you gotta go NA Tippett right? :lol: 

just playin.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Because I'm hoping for Tippett. It doesn't matter where they were born. I said Tippett. Did I say fine young Canadian boy Tippett? No. Did I say ANY player as long as they're born here? No. I said Tippett.

You guys are the ones that keep bringing up "no matter where they're born." I said nothing of the sort. I've been team Tippett for a long time. I have friends in Missagauga, they talk very highly of him. I've seen a lot of highlights, I think he does fill.a need of this team.

Imo, Tippett, if not taken already, is the best player available at a position of need.

We're gonna draft Liljegren and youre going to lose it lol

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We're gonna draft Liljegren and youre going to lose it lol

I'd be a little disappointed with Liljegren to be honest. I feel like we have two very similar style / size players in Hronek and Saarijarvi. I'd prefer to draft one of the many forwards that will be available and trade for a defenseman over the summer.

Either way, can't wait to see where we end up on Saturday. Then the speculation will really begin to heat up...

I don't know how people can be angry about anyone we draft in the top 10. The one thing the Wings have done consistently well is drafting. And that was with late first round picks. The two highest picks we have had in the last 20 years were the Dylan Larkin selection and Anthony Mantha. And I think both were great value where they were drafted. I trust that whoever they pick this year will be a good pick. They have always evaluated talent well.

12 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd be a little disappointed with Liljegren to be honest. I feel like we have two very similar style / size players in Hronek and Saarijarvi. I'd prefer to draft one of the many forwards that will be available and trade for a defenseman over the summer.

Either way, can't wait to see where we end up on Saturday. Then the speculation will really begin to heat up...

I'm not crazy about Liljegren, like some people are about Tippett. Just feels like a Holland pick for some reason.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm not crazy about Liljegren, like some people are about Tippett. Just feels like a Holland pick for some reason.

I will give you that, it is a "Holland" pick, as would be Pettersson. Let's just hope if he drafts Pettersson over Tippett, it doesn't turn out to be another Niskanen over Kindl....because Kindl was a "Holland" pick... I agree, whoever he drafts will probably work out (hoipefully) but it's always nice to see the guy you are a fan of come play for your favorite team. Like I was with Mantha and Larkin...so that is why I am confident Holland won't let me down! :ninja:  Besides, Holland has spent a good amount of time in Mississauga, but maybe its scouting Hague...

The easiest picks will be 2 and 3. The #1 will be torn between Patrick and Hicshier. It's a toss up!

If Wings get #1, which do you take?

Only took me 12 times to get #1. I got a #2, two #3's, two #9's a 10 and the rest #8.

Then I got another #1 in the next 5 tries. That's twice in 17....in about 40 tries, I got #1 three times...a lot of 2 and 3, but mostly 8 and 9. 

Looking at their mock, they have us at 7 taking Necas...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=237071

Edited by LeftWinger

Real quick note, here are some draft picks that won't be signed before their deadline to sign.

Deadline for picks

Martin said the club will not sign Hampus Melen and Adam Marsh, their seventh- round picks in 2013 and 2015, respectively, before the June 1 deadline. Marsh will re-enter the draft.

Big defensemen Mike McKee and James de Haas, fifth- and sixth-round picks in 2012, won't be signed to NHL contracts prior to the Aug. 15 deadline, but might be inked to minor-league deals (with Grand Rapids or Toledo). McKee played at Western Michigan and de Haas at Clarkson University