• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Need to open spots up for the ufas they are targeting can only have 50 so I guess we are freeing up spaces 

Last thing we need is to sign more nielsen's , I would have liked to have kept Dehaas 

I hope we get a top 3 pick so we can use it for trouba , or fall back  a few spots to land more picks and get some dmen , we desperately need to land a few good dmen  in the top 90

Anyone know what channel it will be broadcasted on for Directv? It isn't showing up on my guide for any NBC channels or NHL network.

nevermind just saw its gonna be broadcasted on NBC just before the Caps game.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Great minds think alike!

Not if he wants to play in the Olympics

If the Jets were willing to let Trouba go for the 9th and not much else, go for it.  Same for Hamilton or any other young defenseman.  I'd rather get them than the next McIlrath.  If they wanted a whole lot more, take the risk with the pick.

I don't see much separation between the guys likely available there.  Whoever they take has more or less as much chance as any other of being a high end player, unless they go completely off the board and do a Matt Millenesque pick.

I wish they'd get rid of that numbers combination bullshi, so f***en stupid just do it live with teams logos on the balls instead of behind closed doors where they can fix s*** 

also think it would take a lot more than the 9th to convince the jets to give us trouba .... Isn't there that Finnish dman we can land at 9? I'm up for that 

4 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

I think you may be right Frank, Maybe Hischier at a push and then we are struggling for the third guy. I do like the looks of the young Finns Heiskanen and Valimaki but not ready just yet 

Agreed but from what I've read on TSN (slow as hell...), there are concerns with Patrick because of injuries. Hirschier needs to bulk up and then there already seems to be a bit of a drop off. Personally I would take Vilardi over Hirschier without thinking twice about it regardless the Flyers will get a very good prospect.

The funny thing is, there isn't even an UFA ready to help this team either so it's basically status quo for another year in other words time to trade the vets and sink or swim with the kids.

Edited by frankgrimes

I'm starting to get worried.  Kostin, Necas, and Tolvanen are all in the area of the nine spot. They top my no go list.

Assuming the concern with Necas is his size, but it sounds like he's got some really desirable characteristics such as creativity, speed, high effort, and face off proficiency.
THW just posted their analysis.

Quotables
“Plays a very confident two-way game. Defensively responsible, has a great engine and doesn’t tire.” – Jeff Marek, Sportsnet.com

“Necas (6-0, 167) is an excellent skater with a fine set of tools. He was captain for the Czech Republic at the 2016 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup in August and had two goals and four assists in four games. He’s fast, has great balance and has confidence in his ability to score and create opportunities. ” – Mike Morreale, NHL.com
“A rather smallish-sized energy player with great offensive upside and creativity. A lightning-quick skater who likes to handle the puck and creates scoring chances. Can distribute the puck with accuracy and likes to set up teammates.” – Dennis Schellenberg

"His elite-level speed, skating and ability to make plays offensively, defensively and in the faceoff circle make him a strong candidate to become a dynamic top-six playmaking center."

http://thehockeywriters.com/martin-necas-2017-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

You're right. No guys who are 6' tall. Even if they get up to 200 lbs. they'll be soft like Konstantinov, Ott, or Kronwall. We need big bodies like Sheahan to toughen the team up.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

At 5-7 and 170lbs...Alex DeBrncat is small.  Martin Necas at 6-0 and 170 isn't small.  He's light and will need to add some quality weight. But an 18 year-old professional athlete ought to be able to do that with the right diet and training regimen. I think I'd prefer Mittlestadt (not likely to fall to us) or Glass..maybe even Suzuki, but Necas sounds like he fits the profile of what we need just fine

Well I am from Saskatoon.  Although my personal preference is to pick guys with size, I would take Suzuki with my first pick this year.  He isn't much bigger than Necas.  Kostin is big but his scoring stats scare me away.  After reading Dr Dangles scathing report on the 6'5" Rassmussen I would stay away from him also.  I've been studying drafts for decades now and been wrong pretty much every year so whoever our scouts pick I will be happy with.