• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

....and I didn't include those names because I feel they're worthless. Quite the opposite. Also I believe it would take more than just the #9 for the 2 Blues picks. That is why I included player(s) I did. It would have to be attractive to St Louis than just the #9. If all we were offering is the #9, I could see them give us the #27 and their 2nd round.

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

....and I didn't include those names because I feel they're worthless. Quite the opposite. Also I believe it would take more than just the #9 for the 2 Blues picks. That is why I included player(s) I did. It would have to be attractive to St Louis than just the #9. If all we were offering is the #9, I could see them give us the #27 and their 2nd round.

You're out of your mind. Teams normally pay a 2nd rounder to move up just a few spots in the teens. You really think they would expect to move up 18 spots, into the top 10, for the same price? Go check out some past trades.

I probably wouldn't even do the #9 for the 20, 27, AND their 2nd.

i have been sold on Michael Rasmussen for awhile if he is still around by 9 im all for him unless im missing something last time i checked i thought he was top 5 did i miss something iv been working alot dont know if there is a reason he dipped

8 minutes ago, sjr2012 said:

i have been sold on Michael Rasmussen for awhile if he is still around by 9 im all for him unless im missing something last time i checked i thought he was top 5 did i miss something iv been working alot dont know if there is a reason he dipped

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2017/4/11/15259068/dr-dangles-prospect-profiles-michael-rasmussen-c-tri-city-americans-15

There are basically two players I'd be disappointed if we drafted with our 9th overall pick, Michael Rasmussen and Eeli Tolvanen... Of course those are just two that are projected to go in the top 15 range, obviously many others beyond that. It's Glass, Tippett, Liljegren or Makar for me...

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well if Tippett is gone before 9, I would most definitely inquire with St. Louis. I'd then try to snag Suzuki and Hague. Then rd. 2 I would hope for yamamoto. Either way, I'd hope for him in the 2nd.

You want Yamamoto? The extremely small (5'8", 153 lbs) finesse winger? Does his size and style of play not matter because he's an American born player? You don't want Pettersson because he's a small finesse player, but he's 6" taller and 10-15 lbs. heavier... Would you want him if his name was Yamamsson from Sweden? For some reason I don't think so... Stop basing opinion on players by their birth certificate...

I remember his name being brought up as a bit of a sleeper third round pick.. here's a pretty good write up on Dylan Samberg. Definitely seems like the kind of guy we should try to draft. 

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/sleeper-picks-scouts-say-samberg-is-only-scratching-the-surface-of-his-potential

13 minutes ago, amato said:

I remember his name being brought up as a bit of a sleeper third round pick.. here's a pretty good write up on Dylan Samberg. Definitely seems like the kind of guy we should try to draft. 

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/sleeper-picks-scouts-say-samberg-is-only-scratching-the-surface-of-his-potential

Yup, he's one of the guys I'm keeping an eye on in the mid rounds. I think he would be a great pick. Another I'd keep an eye on is Josh Brook.

20 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yup, he's one of the guys I'm keeping an eye on in the mid rounds. I think he would be a great pick. Another I'd keep an eye on is Josh Brook.

Here's a write up on him as well: http://thehockeywriters.com/josh-brook-2017-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

seems like a solid enough middle round pick. If we got those two guys in the third plus another d-man somewhere in the first three rounds/one of the four mentioned above in the first (assuming no one projected top 5 drops), I'd be pretty satisfied with the draft overall. 

http://thehockeywriters.com/david-farrance-2017-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

I like this kid. Mainly because he's from my hometown... and we share the same birthday... and I heard that I have to chase him around in summer league this year.

The write up on him makes him seem like a piece this team could use in the future. Very offensively gifted. Still working on his defensive game but his puck movement is incredible. If he goes in the 3rd round ands we use one of our picks on him I wouldn't be mad.

1 hour ago, amato said:

Really liked watching this kid. I think we had talked about this earlier. Ryan Sandelin is a forward on that team and is really good as well. He'll be at Minn State in 2018.

1 minute ago, BadgerBob said:

Really liked watching this kid. I think we had talked about this earlier. Ryan Sandelin is a forward on that team and is really good as well. He'll be at Minn State in 2018.

Yeah we talked about both of these kids around when their high school playoff was going on. Would be pretty happy with a later round pick used on Sandelin as well, based on what you said about him. 

22 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

http://thehockeywriters.com/david-farrance-2017-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

I like this kid. Mainly because he's from my hometown... and we share the same birthday... and I heard that I have to chase him around in summer league this year.

The write up on him makes him seem like a piece this team could use in the future. Very offensively gifted. Still working on his defensive game but his puck movement is incredible. If he goes in the 3rd round ands we use one of our picks on him I wouldn't be mad.

From the article:

"Highlighted by his smooth skating, solid vision and skilled hands, Farrance is a good mobile defender who has no issue carrying the puck out of his own end and through the neutral zone."

Pretty much exactly what I like in a d-man.. "needs work on his defense" isn't great but that's what you get with middle round offensive d-men.. I'm a little biased toward his style but I'm sold. 

The "quotables" section at the bottom makes him sound like the exact kind of defensive prospect teams are always looking for too. Hopefully he reaches his potential and thensome. 

Edited by amato

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You want Yamamoto? The extremely small (5'8", 153 lbs) finesse winger? Does his size and style of play not matter because he's an American born player? You don't want Pettersson because he's a small finesse player, but he's 6" taller and 10-15 lbs. heavier... Would you want him if his name was Yamamsson from Sweden? For some reason I don't think so... Stop basing opinion on players by their birth certificate...

I really don't care the style of play after the 1st round. Yes, if Yamamoto was from Sweden and he put up numbers in a WHL equivalent league like Kailer did here, I'd be happy with him. Id be fine with Pettersson as long as we didnt use the #9 on him with Tippett still available.  I have been preparing myself for Holland to pick him anyhow if he's there, but don't be angry when he's not the next Z. Besides, it doesn't matter how they play now, Blashill will make them bottom 6 anyhow. Stop beating a dead horse, I haven't said anything about nationality in a while now.

Do I prefer Tippett and Hague over Pettersson and Liljegren? Absolutely. 

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I really don't care the style of play after the 1st round. Yes, if Yamamoto was from Sweden and he put up numbers in a WHL equivalent league like Kailer did here, I'd be happy with him. Id be fine with Pettersson as long as we didnt use the #9 on him with Tippett still available.  I have been preparing myself for Holland to pick him anyhow if he's there, but don't be angry when he's not the next Z. Besides, it doesn't matter how they play now, Blashill will make them bottom 6 anyhow. Stop beating a dead horse, I haven't said anything about nationality in a while now.

Do I prefer Tippett and Hague over Pettersson and Liljegren? Absolutely. 

We know. Oh, do we ever already know.