• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

The fact that you'd prefer Hague over Liljegren says it all...

Really? I guess you're right. Don't let stats and superior league cloud your vision...

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This team has too many small softy players.

Yamamoto would be a nice addition.

Again, stats don't lie...if he were 4'6" and scored 100 points in 60 games, I'd prefer him over 40 in 50...

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

We know. Oh, do we ever already know. 

....geez forgive a guy for having favorite players he'd like to see on the Wings. 

Everyone has players they want their team to draft. I do for sure, and I've listed the guys I want countless times. Difference is, you base your opinion on where the guy is from...

Yup, the Ontario Hockey League is FAR superior to the Swedish Hockey League...

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Really? I guess you're right. Don't let stats and superior league cloud your vision...

Again, stats don't lie...if he were 4'6" and scored 100 points in 60 games, I'd prefer him over 40 in 50...

....geez forgive a guy for having favorite players he'd like to see on the Wings. 

Then why do you dislike Pettersson, probably the most offensivly gifted player outside of Patrick and Hischier?

On 4/30/2017 at 9:34 AM, LeftWinger said:

Nope, that'll be a Holland pick if it shakes out that way. My opinion, it'd be a waste to draft pettersson while Tippett is a still on the board. Holland says every year he wants to get bigger, draft kids that are tougher to play against, but in Holland fashion he'll draft a small finesse play that we have ZERO need for over the exact player he describes that we need...but until it's done, we can only hope Tippett is the next Red Wing drafted. Not some finesse kid just because he's is a typical Holland pick.

I have faith that Holland will draft Tippett if he's there. I'm actually surprised they didn't slot us drafting Liljegren.

On 4/30/2017 at 4:37 PM, LeftWinger said:

If Tippett is there along with Pettersson, Tippett would be the choice for what this team needs. Pettersson would be the status quo of Ken Holland. Sure he's drafted a lot of kids 6' to 6'3", but most of the ones that have made any showing in Detroit have been finesse players. Mantha is maybe the exception when it comes to that. But really even Mantha isn't as physical or as much as a power forward as Tippett. I really hope Holland gets Tippett. I want to believe that Holland wants to bring this team to the next step to compete with the bigger teams in the NHL. Not just draft a player just because he's a familiar type pick.

Then why do you dislike Pettersson, probably the most offensivly gifted player outside of Patrick and Hischier?

Because I like Tippett. Also, Yamamoto scored 99 points in 60 some games...Pettersson did not. That was my comparison. 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Everyone has players they want their team to draft. I do for sure, and I've listed the guys I want countless times. Difference is, you base your opinion on where the guy is from...

Yup, the Ontario Hockey League is FAR superior to the Swedish Hockey League...

Yes, it is.

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Because I like Tippett. Also, Yamamoto scored 99 points in 60 some games...Pettersson did not. That was my comparison. 

Yes, it is.

Ok, but you've routinely stated that you also like other players in the first round outside of Tippett, just that Tippett is your favorite and first choice... why then is Pettsersson a waste?

Pettersson is ranked much higher than Yamamoto for a reason. And no, OHL is a much lower league than the Swedish Hockey League. Rob Vollman of the NHL, who does the translation factors between leagues, has the leagues in terms of skill ranked as such:

1. NHL
2. KHL
3. SHL
4. AHL
5. SM-Liiga/Swiss NLA
6. NCAA
7. OHL
8. WHL
9. QMJHL

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Ok, but you've routinely stated that you also like other players in the first round outside of Tippett, just that Tippett is your favorite and first choice... why then is Pettsersson a waste?

Pettersson is ranked much higher than Yamamoto for a reason. And no, OHL is a much lower league than the Swedish Hockey League. Rob Vollman of the NHL, who does the translation factors between leagues, has the leagues in terms of skill ranked as such:

1. NHL
2. KHL
3. SHL
4. AHL
5. SM-Liiga/Swiss NLA
6. NCAA
7. OHL
8. WHL
9. QMJHL

Did he happen to include the ECHL in there? Surprised it was left off. 

1 minute ago, BadgerBob said:

Did he happen to include the ECHL in there? Surprised it was left off. 

That was left off, although I don't know why. Czech league was also left off as well, and he said it was because there was not enough numbers (players moving between that league and others) to make a reasonable assessment. So maybe that's why.

I really think were gonna draft Tippet and Hague. Unless we dont. But we probably will. But I would be okay with it if they choose someone else. Unless Tippet and Hague are still on the board. Do you think they have ever heard of Tippet and Hague? Ive never actually seen Hague play hockey, but I really believe he'll turn out to be a Hall of Famer.

Here's my draft order that no one asked to see

1. Tippet

2. Hague

3. Patrick

4. Hischier

5. Tippet

6. Tippet

7. Hague

8. That one kid that ive also never seen play but he's like 6'6"

9. Tippet and Hague

10. Gretzky

:hysterical:  @bannedforlife

You are great! 

Let's us know when you want to actually post something constructive or about hockey. Or something with some bit of intelligence. Until then, for the 50th time, do not post or refer to me. I'm happy though that I can be your source for entertainment, simple minds entertain easily. Ignore...

Edited by LeftWinger

you guys, do you think Tippet and Hague have best friends yet? cause i was thinking that we could be best friends, if they draft them i mean, which i think they will because i told kenny what would happen to all my jerseys if he didnt draft Tippet and Hague, so i definitely think that we are already best friends and once they get here we can do best friend stuff together like ride bikes together and go to the arcade together and make fun of girls together and throw rocks off the bridge together and practise hockey together and when they have a game we could ride our bikes down to the arena together and they could show me around the dressing room and i could help them put on their jerseys and maybe they could get me my own jersey that says "Leftwinger #01" and when the game starts i could sit up in the owners box next to kenny and tell him all my ideas and if he doesnt listen to my ideas ill tell him hes a big stupidhead and then after the game we could have a sleepover at my house and my mom could make grilled cheese sandwiches for us and we could watch a scary movie together and then we could prank call Franzen together and then we could draw fake tattoos on each other that say "Tippet and Hague and Leftwinger RULEZ!" and then we could go to bed in my giant triple best friend bunk bed and we can stay up late and tell secrets to each other and then fall asleep and have best friend dreams together the end!!!

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Craig Button thinks we'll take Pettersson. I think he's right.

I've seen a lot of mocks with us taking him. Definitely wouldn't be my first choice, but depending on who else is available, might not be the worst pick...

Just now, sjr2012 said:

would you like him over glass?

I'd be fine with either of them. To me, Pettersson is more naturally gifted and has the higher ceiling, but I suppose he'd be more of a project. I think a lot of people are overrating Glass, but, at the same time, he'd probably immediately become our best prospect.

I'm kinda hoping for Necas, but I really don't have a strong preference. I don't have my heart set on any one player; I'm pretty sure I'll be satisfied with our selection. There will be some really promising players available at that #9 spot.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'd be fine with either of them. To me, Pettersson is more naturally gifted and has the higher ceiling, but I suppose he'd be more of a project. I think a lot of people are overrating Glass, but, at the same time, he'd probably immediately become our best prospect.

I'm kinda hoping for Necas, but I really don't have a strong preference. I don't have my heart set on any one player; I'm pretty sure I'll be satisfied with our selection. There will be some really promising players available at that #9 spot.

yea its a shame this draft class is weak and we got bumped down if we had a top 5 it would have been nice to see that player go this fall

Edited by sjr2012