• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I do think Hague will be gone in the first round, although I really don't see the hype that's been surrounding him (mostly by one particular person here...). I've seen so many mock drafts with us taking Pettersson. He still wouldn't be my first choice, but wouldn't be a terrible pick either. I'm still hoping for Glass or Liljegren... or if five teams ahead of us f*** up, Vilardi...

Pretty much this for me too but add mittelstadt (because I think he has the most offensive upside potential in the draft) and makar (because defense ha) to glass and liljegren.. and add heiskanen to Vilardi :P 

2 minutes ago, amato said:

Pretty much this for me too but add mittelstadt (because I think he has the most offensive upside potential in the draft) and makar (because defense ha) to glass and liljegren.. and add heiskanen to Vilardi :P 

Yeah, add Makar and Heiskanen to that list for sure. As you know though, I'm not that high on Mittelstadt, and he wouldn't be one of my picks...

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Do we actually have a chance at Makar? I know the Wings like him, but he's consistently going at like 3 or 4. 

It would definitely require trading up. Which I'm fine with if we can do it just by adding picks. 

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Do we actually have a chance at Makar? I know the Wings like him, but he's consistently going at like 3 or 4. 

Highly unlikely. Of the players we just mentioned, I would say Vilardi, Heiskanen and Makar will be gone long before 9. I'm thinking those three along with the obvious Patrick and Hischier will be the top 5.

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

It would definitely require trading up. Which I'm fine with if we can do it just by adding picks. 

I'd be open to making a trade with Vegas if one of Vilardi or Makar drop to 6. It shouldn't cost anything too crazy to move up 3 spots, and McPhee may be willing to do it, depending on the return.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Highly unlikely. Of the players we just mentioned, I would say Vilardi, Heiskanen and Makar will be gone long before 9. I'm thinking those three along with the obvious Patrick and Hischier will be the top 5.

I'd be open to making a trade with Vegas if one of Vilardi or Makar drop to 6. It shouldn't cost anything too crazy to move up 3 spots, and McPhee may be willing to do it, depending on the return.

Yeah, that's definitely reasonable. I'd be more than happy with Liljegren if it means not having to spend extra assets to move up. 

It's going to be a wild draft from the looks of it. Tippett, Liljegren, Pettersson, and others, go super high in some mock drafts, and super low in others. Unfortunately, I think this is going to benefit teams drafting from 15 to 30, as we will likely see a few highly regarded players slip to these late spots.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

https://www.hockeyprospect.com/2017-nhl-draft-rankings/

Final Draft rankings from hockeyprospect

5. Pettersson
9. Necas
10. Liljegren
22. Tippett

Hague undrafted in the 1st again

I'd love for that to happen, because then we could maybe snag him in the 2nd! I like that draft ranking! I also like that Tippett is 22 on that list, now I absolutely trade the #9 to St, Louis for the #20 and #27...I'd even throw in a player to entice them even more!

to DET : #20 and #27 2017 Draft Picks

to STL : #9 2017 pick ; Darren Helm

20th pick - Owen Tippet  27th pick - Nicolas Hague

Hey, that would be MY perfect scenario, I know a lot of you don't agree and that is fine!

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd love for that to happen, because then we could maybe snag him in the 2nd! I like that draft ranking! I also like that Tippett is 22 on that list, now I absolutely trade the #9 to St, Louis for the #20 and #27...I'd even throw in a player to entice them even more!

to DET : #20 and #27 2017 Draft Picks

to STL : #9 2017 pick ; Darren Helm

20th pick - Owen Tippet  27th pick - Nicolas Hague

Hey, that would be MY perfect scenario, I know a lot of you don't agree and that is fine!

Tippett could go top 10, could go top 25, we just don't know, he's projected all over the place.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tippett could go top 10, could go top 25, we just don't know, he's projected all over the place.

I know, the list I put up from TSN has him #7 I believe! I would love to have him, but if he's gone, there is a handful of kids that would be fine too, and yes that includes Pettersson.  I am just holding out hope for my favorite to become a Red Wing... I can only hope, but, it's not like Holland hasn't disappointed any of us before! :lol:

Just a PSA/FYI here, I will on the road driving during the 1st round of the draft, so don't be to disappointed when I am not ranting right away! :lol:

Actually, I won't be too mad really, we all have our favorites, but they'll draft who they need. I'm okay with it, I'd love to see Tippett, but I'd be OK if they passed on him to get something that'll bring us a Cup before Pitt or Chicago gets another one!

Doesn't mean I won't fire off a couple of explanative words if he does pass on him though! I have to! It's my duty!

Edited by LeftWinger

I have put Mittlestadt on my avoid list.  Anyone comes so ill prepared to a camp that he cant do one pull up I have to question his commitment.  Its not like he didn't know what drills he would have to do. For gawd sake come prepared. Wasn't Sam Bennett of Calgary in the same predicurment?

For now my list is Glass, Suzuki, then Necas

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Just a PSA/FYI here, I will on the road driving during the 1st round of the draft, so don't be to disappointed when I am not ranting right away! :lol:

Actually, I won't be too mad really, we all have our favorites, but they'll draft who they need. I'm okay with it, I'd love to see Tippett, but I'd be OK if they passed on him to get something that'll bring us a Cup before Pitt or Chicago gets another one!

Doesn't mean I won't fire off a couple of explanative words if he does pass on him though! I have to! It's my duty!

Just please don't listen to it on the radio. I could foresee a multi-car pileup if Pettersson is chosen.

1 hour ago, HoweFan said:

I have put Mittlestadt on my avoid list.  Anyone comes so ill prepared to a camp that he cant do one pull up I have to question his commitment.  Its not like he didn't know what drills he would have to do. For gawd sake come prepared. Wasn't Sam Bennett of Calgary in the same predicurment?

For now my list is Glass, Suzuki, then Necas

Yeah, in all the years I've been watching hockey, I can't even count the number of games I've seen decided by pull-ups.

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Just when Nill is in line to take the D-man he desperately needs, he's presented a forward he can't pass on :lol:

It's been the Oilers problem for several years until they got a GM with the guts to trade for defense lol

Maybe, just maybe Vilardi could drop to us? Or far enough for Holland to trade up?

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Nill will be s***tin' kittens if that's true

So then Holland trades the #9 and a D-man to Nill for the #3. We draft Patrick or Vilardi and they get a D with the #9. Simple!

51 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Just when Nill is in line to take the D-man he desperately needs, he's presented a forward he can't pass on :lol:

Kenny needs to figure out a way to get that 3rd overall if this is true.

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Maybe, just maybe Vilardi could drop to us? Or far enough for Holland to trade up?

So then Holland trades the #9 and a D-man to Nill for the #3. We draft Patrick or Vilardi and they get a D with the #9. Simple!

Then we are even more boned on defense than we already are? No thanks! If he somehow moved up to #3, it's to go for Heiskanen or Makar, not Patrick or Vilardi. 

8 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Then we are even more boned on defense than we already are? No thanks! If he somehow moved up to #3, it's to go for Heiskanen or Makar, not Patrick or Vilardi. 

You wouldn't want Hischier or Patrick? Then you potentially have your 1 and 2 centers for the future in one of them and Larkin and can keep AA on the wing. Trade Tatar or Nyquist a prospect and a pick for a Dman.