• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

Really should have traded back if we weren't going to take Vilardi.

But to play devil's advocate, the main criticisms of our forward group has been our anemic PP, lack of size, and ability to play at the net. All things that Rasmussen addresses better than probably anyone available.

1 minute ago, martyrme19 said:

So all complaining aside, what does his path look like? Is he in Grand Rapids next year and for how long?

Juniors for 2 more years, then GR for 5 years, then waivers after that and he plays for another team briefly before hitting waivers again where KH picks him up again because of his size and compete level.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

He's not even good at a lot of things. He's a hundred feet taller than his peers, he hangs around the net, he puts in easy goals. That's Michael Rasmussen. He's not a high-skill player. He's not a playmaker. He's not a naturally gifted goal-scorer. He's not a two-way force. He's big. That's it.

I mean, I'm no NHL amateur scout. But, from where I stand, at this moment in time, this is an awful decision. Even if Vilardi or Liljegren isn't available and you have your heart set on Rasmussen, TRADE BACK A FEW SPOTS AND DRAFT HIM AT #13 OR WHATEVER.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope Rasmussen becomes a franchise center. But, realistically, he's going to be another bottom-six grinder.

So you're saying he's big?

10 minutes ago, sjr2012 said:

sarcasm?

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No

You don't say.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Glad to see Holland can disappoint everyone on this site! Not just me!

Hey, at least someone is #winning this draft.

EXCEPT WE'RE ALL LOSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the '09 Finals the Red Wings have been on a long, steady slide to mediocrity. In the past couple of seasons Holland has accelerated that process and taken us into a sorry state with little prospect of returning to competitiveness. The roster lacks talent and is unbalanced with too many aging vets who are signed to big contracts but don't produce as would be expected of those contracts. I had hoped Holland would come up with a trade where he packaged a couple players for a prospect and a pick but Holland seems incapable of parting with what he considers assets. I don't know enough about the draft prospects to say Vilardi is better than Rasmussen but the scouting services all had Valardi rated higher. That doesn't mean he's the better prospect, but I'd take my chances with the consensus choice. I also have my doubts about players that tall as they often don't pan out as they don't move as well as more compact players.

I'd hoped this summer would be the beginning of the rebirth of the Red Wings after a disastrous season but things will get worse before they get better and it is unlikely Holland will be the one to lead us out of this.

3 minutes ago, Bump said:

Since the '09 Finals the Red Wings have been on a long, steady slide to mediocrity. In the past couple of seasons Holland has accelerated that process and taken us into a sorry state with little prospect of returning to competitiveness. The roster lacks talent and is unbalanced with too many aging vets who are signed to big contracts but don't produce as would be expected of those contracts. I had hoped Holland would come up with a trade where he packaged a couple players for a prospect and a pick but Holland seems incapable of parting with what he considers assets. I don't know enough about the draft prospects to say Vilardi is better than Rasmussen but the scouting services all had Valardi rated higher. That doesn't mean he's the better prospect, but I'd take my chances with the consensus choice. I also have my doubts about players that tall as they often don't pan out as they don't move as well as more compact players.

I'd hoped this summer would be the beginning of the rebirth of the Red Wings after a disastrous season but things will get worse before they get better and it is unlikely Holland will be the one to lead us out of this.

No