• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Seriously, did Rasmussen play around the net like that because that's all he could do or because that's what his coach wanted from him? If it's all he can do, probably and pick. If he can do more then could be a great pick.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I don't know, but maybe because he was the biggest guy on the ice?

It is pretty funny, we draft small and the narrative becomes "another small euro, come on Holland our team is so easy to push around!!!" 

We draft big and the narrative becomes "Oh thats just GREEEEAT, he has to be good because he's is big. Holland you jackass".

There really is no pleasing the fans.

Chicago Nashville Pittsburgh if any of those three select The Hague I'm going to puke.

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

It is pretty funny, we draft small and the narrative becomes "another small euro, come on Holland our team is so easy to push around!!!" 

We draft big and the narrative becomes "Oh thats just GREEEEAT, he has to be good because he's is big. Holland you jackass".

We just got a draft medium

Because we want to see the best player available get drafted. Not projects, which is what he has done two years in a row now. Two years in a row a gift fell into our lap (Chychrun last year, Vilardi or Liljegren this year) and he goes for projects. It's s*** drafting when it comes to decent first round picks. 

I dislike the pick because I don't think Rasmussen is a true high-end talent. I think his stock was inflated because he's 6'6" tall. I pray I'm wrong, but I fear he's another Sheahan.

I hate to link to this for the 70th time, but, from everything I've seen and heard and read, I feel it's on-point:

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2017/4/11/15259068/dr-dangles-prospect-profiles-michael-rasmussen-c-tri-city-americans-15

6 minutes ago, kliq said:

Vilardi is big but also has some skill.

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Because we want to see the best player available get drafted. Not projects, which is what he has done two years in a row now. Two years in a row a gift fell into our lap (Chychrun last year, Vilardi or Liljegren this year) and he goes for projects. It's s*** drafting when it comes to decent first round picks. 

I doubt the majority of the fans here truly know who the best player available is as I doubt they have seen any of them play. I am not saying the was a good or bad pick, I admittedly dont know. I have seen Vilardi play in person living in Windsor (to be honest he didnt stick out), but other then him I dont know much about these kids.

You can say we should have taken a project, a counter to that would be Holland needs to stop playing it so safe. I guess my point is that we need to wait before we form such strong opinions.

My comment that you quoted was more so geared towards people mocking him because of his size which is ironic because the biggest jab that the Wings get in terms of drafting is that they only take "small euros".

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

We just got a draft medium

No, I admit I dont have a clue about half these guys.