• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

They're both signed to pro contracts, can they play in junior?

They're both slated to play junior (WHL). Cholowski will play with Prince George and Rasmussen will (again) play with Tri-City.

Usually when a prospect signs an ELC, capfriendly lists them in the lower roster, Cholowski for example. Do you find it odd that they are listing Rasmussen on our main roster?

Just as an example too, when Larkin signed his ELC, they listed him on the main roster as well. Of course he never went down...are we going to see Rasmussen get a SERIOUS chance at the big team?

47 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Usually when a prospect signs an ELC, capfriendly lists them in the lower roster, Cholowski for example. Do you find it odd that they are listing Rasmussen on our main roster?

Just as an example too, when Larkin signed his ELC, they listed him on the main roster as well. Of course he never went down...are we going to see Rasmussen get a SERIOUS chance at the big team?

I'm sure he'll be given a "shot", but no way he makes the team. Bertuzzi and Svechnikov are ahead of him for sure.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I did see that, but I doubt it. That would imply that someone in the Wings organization in the know told CapFriendly, which I just don't see happening.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm sure he'll be given a "shot", but no way he makes the team. Bertuzzi and Svechnikov are ahead of him for sure.

Yes, but how many were ahead of Larkin. Then he came to camp and took the leap.

I, for one, would not be mad. I'd like to see our first top 10 in decades dominate and stay.

31 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I, for one, would not be mad. I'd like to see our first top 10 in decades dominate and stay.

I think we would all LOVE to see that, but I if he's no ready, he's not ready which I think is the case.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Though Larkin made the team in his first pro year, he did play a year in college after being drafted. Even that was an expedited path to the NHL for a Red Wings prospect. I think there's no chance for Rasmussen to go straight to the NHL. Maybe if we get a top pick in the next few years, but It would be surprising to me if Ras had a legit shot a making the roster even a year from now. Larkin seemed more NHL ready at draft time.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

*Rasmussen drafted*

Leftwinger gripes and moans that Rasmussen has been drafted.

LeftWinger gripes and moans that Rasmussen hasnt been signed.

*Rasmussen signs*

LeftWinger gripes and moans that Rasmussen hasnt made the team yet.

ChristopherReevesLegs realizes suicide may have been a legitimate option 

*you are here*

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

9 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Larkin didn't start with the Red Wings in his draft year though, he played a full season with UofM and then played half a dozen games with the Griffins in the playoffs, before making the jump the following season. I guess there were a couple players ahead of Larkin at the time, namely Mantha, who just came off a "very, very, very disappointing" season, and Athanasiou, who just came off a mediocre half season. In Rasmussen's case, he is just recovering from a wrist injury, which caused him to miss 1/3 of last season, and he needs to jump past 2-3 players that are coming off a Calder Cup championship season, one of which (Bertuzzi) just won the Jack A. Butterfield trophy as playoff MVP. I think comparing Larkin and Rasmussen is apples and oranges.

Like I said, and management have said, he will be given an opportunity to make the team, but realistically, he will play at least one more season in Tri-City, possibly two. When he's no longer property of the CHL two years from now, he still may have to play a half to full season in Grand Rapids before finally getting a look in Detroit in year three...

I griped and moaned that Tippett wasn't our pick more than anything. I said I admittedly didn't know much about Rasmussen and hoped he turned into the center we need. Do I still think we should've drafted Tippett? Yes. Do I still think Tippett will be way better? Yes. But that doesn't mean I don't want our guy to be impactful and highly successful. The name of the game for me is to force the mediocre players into becoming tradeable. Thus making our team younger and also opening up cap space for important needs.

On 8/9/2017 at 4:21 AM, LeftWinger said:

I griped and moaned that Tippett wasn't our pick more than anything. I said I admittedly didn't know much about Rasmussen and hoped he turned into the center we need. Do I still think we should've drafted Tippett? Yes. Do I still think Tippett will be way better? Yes. But that doesn't mean I don't want our guy to be impactful and highly successful. The name of the game for me is to force the mediocre players into becoming tradeable. Thus making our team younger and also opening up cap space for important needs.

The Florida Panthers Send Owen Tippett Back To OHL

1 point and -6 in 7 NHL games

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

He'd probably be buried on the 4th line here anyhow...better we didn't draft him.

It also goes to show, what you do in Jr's means nothing.  Nolan Patrick only has 3 points in 9 games.

It was a s*** draft.

Has Vilardi even played a game yet? 

Checked for some more updates on other guys we talked a lot about:

Gabriel Viilardi: still hasn't played yet due to a sprained back.

Casey Mittelstadt: 9 pts (3g) in 9 gp at UofMinni

Lias Andersson: 4pts (2G) in 12gp in the SHL

Nick Suzuki: 28pts (10g) 16gp in OHL (a.k.a. killing it)

Yamamoto: in the Oiler game for what commentators said, he'll probably stay with Edmonton.

Cal Foote: 15 pts in 17 gp (1 pt more than Cholowski, but 2 more gp

And our dude Rasmussen has 15 pts in 12 games, but seems to be injured (though I couldn't find what it is). He made the WHL team for the Canada Russia Series (along with Cholowski, Glass, Bean, Foote, and some other dudes)

31 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

so what?  That just means he isn't ready yet, not that he's not going to be good.

He just was busting on me because I was convinced Tippett would be tearing it up now. Sure, he could still be good, but the joke is on me.... I'll humbly accept it.

14 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Checked for some more updates on guys we talked a lot about:

Gabriel Viilardi: still hasn't played yet due to a sprained back.

Casey Mittelstadt: 9 pts (3g) in 9 gp at UofMinni

Lias Andersson: 4pts (2G) in 12gp in the SHL

Nick Suzuki: 28pts (10g) 16gp in OHL (a.k.a. killing it)

Yamamoto: in the Oiler game for what commentators said, he'll probably stay with Edmonton.

Cal Foote: 15 pts in 17 gp (1 pt more than Cholowski, but 2 more gp

And our dude Rasmussen has 15 pts in 12 games, but seems to be injured (though I couldn't find what it is). He made the WHL team for the Canada Russia Series (along with Cholowski, Glass, Bean, Foote, and some other dudes)

Any word on when Vilardi will be back?

Yamamoto was sent back to the W today, before burning a year of his ELC.

Foote is also a year younger than Cholowski. I think Foote is going to be a stud. Hopefully Cholowski is as good some day...

Rasmussen isn't injured. Played tonight in the Canada / Russia series. WHL won 7-0. Ras had 2 assists. Cholowski also had an assist (Foote didn't make the score sheet).

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Any word on when Vilardi will be back?

Yamamoto was sent back to the W today, before burning a year of his ELC.

Foote is also a year younger than Cholowski. I think Foote is going to be a stud. Hopefully Cholowski is as good some day...

Rasmussen isn't injured. Played tonight in the Canada / Russia series. WHL won 7-0. Ras had 2 assists. Cholowski also had an assist (Foote didn't make the score sheet).

Well I guess those Oiler commentators are idiots then, haha.

There's an article saying Vilardi was ready to skate about 2 weeks ago so it all depends on how long he takes to get in game shape now. He missed all development camp/pre-season.

Yeah, Foote's impressive from what I saw from highlights.

Ah, that makes sense for Rasmussen. eliteprospects has the little red cross 'injured' marker beside him, but I couldn't find any info except that he's played 5 games less then the team has. Maybe he was injured recently.