• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

12/23 GDT - Red Wings 4 at Panthers 3 F/SO

Santa came early this Christmas. Although we gonna need more than that dude to show progress.

So we got the win and Coreau was a big factor due to the shootout. Most of the goals he let slip in were redirections so I'll let those slide.

Does this somehow prove that Blashill is a hidden genius since he sat Mrazek? I am not convinced about that at all but I sure am confused. I could use Bill Berzeench's perspective right now.

Oh and merry xmas y'all!

On December 24, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Jacksoni said:

Santa came early this Christmas. Although we gonna need more than that dude to show progress.

So we got the win and Coreau was a big factor due to the shootout. Most of the goals he let slip in were redirections so I'll let those slide.

Does this somehow prove that Blashill is a hidden genius since he sat Mrazek? I am not convinced about that at all but I sure am confused. I could use Bill Berzeench's perspective right now.

Oh and merry xmas y'all!

Honestly, while Coreau got the win, he's lucky he had one called back and a couple more didn't slip by. He looks promising, but i've watched the highlights a few times, and it's easy to tell he's not ready to be in the NHL full time yet. He plays a bit too deep in his crease and not coming out to challenge shooters, is fighting the puck, seems a bit thrown off by the speed of play, and the fact he takes up a lot of net kept a shot he wasn't ready for from goin in a couple times.

Blashill has to start Mrazek next game no matter what.. Howard will be out at least a month, so the sooner he gets back in there and gets rolling again the better. If he starts Coreau, I will seriously question his sanity. 

On December 24, 2016 at 9:29 AM, DRW Dominance said:

while I'm not missing any games or anything like that, I'm quite disappointed in getting 2 points.  I'm really hoping for a  bottom 3 finish at best.  I would like to see some changes to this team.

I hope this team misses the playoffs as well, because I feel it is the only way real changes in the right direction will come about. But they won't tank, so we get what we get. At worst a playoff berth which results in nothing good, and probably no significant changes, and at best a bottom 3-5 finish which lands a high first and hopefully opens Illitch's eyes and gets Holland a good warning that he better start fixing the mess. Unfortunately, one missed playoffs isn't going to get him anymore of an ass chewing than that at most. It'll take a few years of futility for Holland to get the boot. Blashill will get at least another season as well i'm sure, even though he's obviously in way over his head.