• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

12/27 GDT : Sabres vs Red Wings : 7:30 PM ET

In honour to Mickey Redmond's Birthday  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, puckbags said:

Rock bottom? If not it has to be pretty close. 

Oh no no no. This isnt rock bottom. Its going to get a lot worse before its better. Just think next year the team will have no Vanek, Howard, or Smith. Tatar and Jurco will be given fresh 4 year contracts for more than they are worth and will continue to not produce. Green will be dealt at the deadline next year to a contender. That will leave the forwards being led by a 38 year old Zetterberg and the defense by a 36 year old Kronwall with no knees. There is also a 50/50 shot they will still have Blash. The future is not bright right now.

1 hour ago, roboturner said:

It's like Howard & Mrazek had a 'Freaky Friday' and switched bodies at some point

I think enough time and evidence has shown Howard to be good and Mrazek to be bad. We've gotten 2 months of good goaltending from Mrazek his entire career and he's single handedly losing games for his team more often than not. Wouldn't surprise me to see Coreau start game after game until Howard's back. Mrazek doesn't look like an NHL goaltender

Just now, joesuffP said:

I think enough time and evidence has shown Howard to be good and Mrazek to be bad. We've gotten 2 months of good goaltending from Mrazek his entire career and he's single handedly losing games for his team more often than not. Wouldn't surprise me to see Coreau start game after game until Howard's back. Mrazek doesn't look like an NHL goaltender

But but but the team scores more with Mrazek so he must be the better option!

21 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Howard has had long stretches of mediocrity as well, on much better teams. I wouldn't give up on Mrazek yet.

5 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Howard has had long stretches of mediocrity as well, on much better teams. I wouldn't give up on Mrazek yet.

Mrazek should sit though. I dont want him embarrassing himself any further so that he still has some value at the deadline. 

Its really amazing what players have taken a step back.

"Babcocks voice is stale, blash will connect with our young players from GR"

Whos carrying us thou? Green, Zberg, and Howard. Meanwhile Larkin, nyquist, tatar, mrazek, jurco, and sheahan all suck

Seems like the only player to escape blashs crap tutoring is Mantha. God bless that big boy.

And yes i realize tats and nyq have been around but they still young

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

The Nyquist thing baffles me a bit. In January - March 2014 he played in 34 games scoring 36 points and scoring 22 goals. Those are not just good numbers, those are up there with the elite. He is the reason we made the playoffs that year.

He did had a ridiculously high unsustainable 18.3% shooting percentage, and I always thought he would regress from a point per game, but I didnt think it would regress by 50%.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Truth be told - no matter who we have in net - the team in front is simply not very good.

For the most part yes but tonight the team actually played well enough over 60 minutes to beat the Sabres. Granted it doesnt take much to outplay the Sabres but Mrazek lost the points for the team tonight.

Just now, kliq said:

The Nyquist thing baffles me a bit. In January - March 2014 he played in 34 games scoring 36 points and scoring 22 goals. Those are not just good numbers, those are up there with the elite. He is the reason we made the playoffs that year.

I kinda wish he wouldnt have hot that hot streak so the Wings would have missed the playoffs. Maybe then they would have jump started a rebuild.

8 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

Oh no no no. This isnt rock bottom. Its going to get a lot worse before its better. Just think next year the team will have no Vanek, Howard, or Smith. Tatar and Jurco will be given fresh 4 year contracts for more than they are worth and will continue to not produce. Green will be dealt at the deadline next year to a contender. That will leave the forwards being led by a 38 year old Zetterberg and the defense by a 36 year old Kronwall with no knees. There is also a 50/50 shot they will still have Blash. The future is not bright right now.

Dead Wings 2.0